Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I'm thinking of actually going with an M-Audio Audio Interface over the SoundCard now, Auzentech used to have the best high-tier lower studio grade cards but they've been having some issues with static lately. I'll have to look into that Titanium. I like the Xonar cards but I'm looking for something a bit higher tier.

I'm probably going to CrossfireX two 7970's either way, unless AMD randomly comes out with something better without notice (doubt it).

Very true, I might just grab a 256 GB for Pro Tools, Reaper, Ableton Live 8, and Windows 7.

As for the processor I am sticking with my 8350, only 220 and I already grabbed the 990FX AMD chipset Gigabyte Mobo.

Any ideas for liquid cooling? I know I want the custom loop for the dual GPU's but I am a complete newbie when it comes to liquid cooling, though I need it to keep my system quite whilst making music (my audio equipment is very sensitive).
    dude if you want a completely silent or close to build with water cooling you are going to need a bigger chassi because you want atleast 2 240 mm radiators and a nice cistern and shit for that. are you going to watercool the processor also you want 3 rads 2 cisterns and 1 pump because that processor overclocked creates heat like nothing else.

just saw you wanted too cool the processor also so you really need some heavy cooling. https://www.ekwb.com/ < those guys make some high quality shit
    Last edited by yugurt; 01-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon The Despoiler View Post
    dude if you want a completely silent or close to build with water cooling you are going to need a bigger chassi because you want atleast 2 240 mm radiators and a nice cistern and shit for that. are you going to watercool the processor also you want 3 rads 2 cisterns and 1 pump because that processor overclocked creates heat like nothing else.

just saw you wanted too cool the processor also so you really need some heavy cooling. EKWB - Cooling Solutions EK Water Blocks < those guys make some high quality shit
    I'm not a fan of EK, their nickel plated mounts are known to fail.

And not big enough? This thing is designed specifically for water cooling, it's an XL-ATX case. You don't need massive fans, you need proper pressure ratios and alignment.

I'm going with parts on FrozenCPU, going for CPU, Gfx full covers and I'm incorporating my own design to cool the overall temperature inside with 1/8th tubes running an inch and a half apart in a verticals formation. Two reservoirs (one for CPU+full Gfx cover, the other for the verticals tubes) and I'm most likely positioning an external fan for an additional radiator that's a few feet away from the case with its own pump to keep those cool. The case comes with openings for hosing to be external, a reservoir bay, filters, and te case is MASSIVE.

Thanks

I'm not a fan of EK, their nickel plated mounts are known to fail.

And not big enough? This thing is designed specifically for water cooling, it's an XL-ATX case. You don't need massive fans, you need proper pressure ratios and alignment.

I'm going with parts on FrozenCPU, going for CPU, Gfx full covers and I'm incorporating my own design to cool the overall temperature inside with 1/8th tubes running an inch and a half apart in a verticals formation. Two reservoirs (one for CPU+full Gfx cover, the other for the verticals tubes) and I'm most likely positioning an external fan for an additional radiator that's a few feet away from the case with its own pump to keep those cool. The case comes with openings for hosing to be external, a reservoir bay, filters, and te case is MASSIVE.
    huh why did you say you needed help with water cooling?

Thanks
    huh why did you say you needed help with water cooling?
    Didnt research it yet, all today at work I've been researching liquid cooling techniques and hardware.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

That's exactly the same RAM I was looking at actually. I'm going to build a custom case for my next computer, I want to do a full frosted Acrylic model with a graphic equalizer PIC chipset connected to my audio to make the case an equalizer light show. I was even thinking of setting it up so I could fill it with mineral oil (keeping the HDD in its own compartment above) so it would be completely silent. Definitely look into frosted Acrylic though, I'm going to do the same with the side window on my Stryker with CCFL's. I rice everything from my car to my computer.
    Man I wouldn't go with mineral oil, that's some long term shit and a pain in the ass come upgrade time.

Go for a low density radiator (like a Black Ice Stealth 360) + a silent fan. I recommend 3 x Noctua NF-P12 120mm for the radiator, they have high pressure and low noise. I'm not show what the temps are like for Piledrivers after an OC but if it's anything like previous gen's then you should be fine with this kind of set up, maybe a rad with higher density.

For the pump I recommend this: MCP655 - Rouchon Industries Inc., dba Swiftech - PC Liquid Cooling Systems CPU Cooler VGA Water Block Heatsink Pump Radiator Heat Exchanger Kit It has solid power, reliable and is very quiet (much more so than a koolance equivalent).

For the CPU waterblock I recommend a Swiftech Apogee HD, really good performance and capable of holding up a high flow rate. I also recommend the Koolance CPU-380 which is also a good performer, but I'm a bit biased towards the Apogee's looks.

As for liquids, distilled water is always the best way to go (remember to add in the silver coil and a drop of biocide into your resevoir). If you want colour than I recommend Mayhem (really good reputation and arguably the best looking range and best performing) or Ice Dragon (also has a good reputation and looks pretty amazing).

If there's anything else then let me know.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Man I wouldn't go with mineral oil, that's some long term shit and a pain in the ass come upgrade time.

Go for a low density radiator (like a Black Ice Stealth 360) + a silent fan. I recommend 3 x Noctua NF-P12 120mm for the radiator, they have high pressure and low noise. I'm not show what the temps are like for Piledrivers after an OC but if it's anything like previous gen's then you should be fine with this kind of set up, maybe a rad with higher density.

For the pump I recommend this: MCP655 - Rouchon Industries Inc., dba Swiftech - PC Liquid Cooling Systems CPU Cooler VGA Water Block Heatsink Pump Radiator Heat Exchanger Kit It has solid power, reliable and is very quiet (much more so than a koolance equivalent).

For the CPU waterblock I recommend a Swiftech Apogee HD, really good performance and capable of holding up a high flow rate. I also recommend the Koolance CPU-380 which is also a good performer, but I'm a bit biased towards the Apogee's looks.

As for liquids, distilled water is always the best way to go (remember to add in the silver coil and a drop of biocide into your resevoir). If you want colour than I recommend Mayhem (really good reputation and arguably the best looking range and best performing) or Ice Dragon (also has a good reputation and looks pretty amazing).

If there's anything else then let me know.
    Awesome, this is the kind of response I was looking for the liquid cooling. I was looking at FrozenCPU's reservoir mods as for the UV light (to aid the biocides) but am not too sure on their stability.

Any particular brands you would suggest for the cpu and gpu block?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Awesome, this is the kind of response I was looking for the liquid cooling. I was looking at FrozenCPU's reservoir mods as for the UV light (to aid the biocides) but am not too sure on their stability.

Any particular brands you would suggest for the cpu and gpu block?
    For CPU blocks I suggest Swiftech Apogee range or the Koolance range. Both have good flow results.

For GPU blocks I'd recommend going full cover + blackplate solution. I just find them more trustworthy than a universal solution, and honestly aren't all that costly for amount of performance and aesthetic you gain. I highly recommend the AquagraFX series from Aquacomputer, these are the bees knees imo.

Aquacomputer aquagraFX HD 7970 Full Coverage Liquid Cooling Block - Copper Version (23534) - FrozenCPU.com

Very reliaby, very good flow, very good coverage and good concentration on hot spots. I also recommend the Heatkiller series.

Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 Radeon HD 7950 / 7970 Reference Design Full Coverage Water Block (15020) - FrozenCPU.com

Some time ago after EK did a recall and used proper materials I would've recommended them, but those updated covers with proper nickel alloys are very hard to come by nowadays and their new series for current gen cards don't impress me, and they look like doggy doo.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    CM Storm Stryker

I have already ordered the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.

I am ordering the AMD FX-8350 processor next paycheck (friday).

What I currently need is a soundcard (Auzentech or better, no soundblaster bullshit), 2 TB 7200 HDD, 500 GB SSD, 32 GB RAM over 4 slots, an AMD GFX card (i'm going to get two and CrossfireX them together), a PSU (1000w+), and a USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion card.

Suggestions on the last bit? Give me the best of the best, this build is going to be a piece by piece build.

Don't tell me "get an i7 bro itz betterz" because I'm not spending a fucking 1,000 bucks on a good i7. Also, my MOBO is not compatible with Intel chips anyway, so fuck that. I'm happy getting the FX-8350 Piledriver.

Also, I need help with a custom loop Liquid Cooling System. I need the absolute best of the best when it comes to parts. This rig needs to run OC'd at 5.4 completely silent.

For the sound card get any asus zonier card (in my opinion get the zonier phobus)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

just saw you wanted too cool the processor also so you really need some heavy cooling. EKWB - Cooling Solutions EK Water Blocks < those guys make some high quality shit
    Nzxt phantom 820

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

For CPU blocks I suggest Swiftech Apogee range or the Koolance range. Both have good flow results.

For GPU blocks I'd recommend going full cover + blackplate solution. I just find them more trustworthy than a universal solution, and honestly aren't all that costly for amount of performance and aesthetic you gain. I highly recommend the AquagraFX series from Aquacomputer, these are the bees knees imo.

Aquacomputer aquagraFX HD 7970 Full Coverage Liquid Cooling Block - Copper Version (23534) - FrozenCPU.com

Very reliaby, very good flow, very good coverage and good concentration on hot spots. I also recommend the Heatkiller series.

Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 Radeon HD 7950 / 7970 Reference Design Full Coverage Water Block (15020) - FrozenCPU.com

Some time ago after EK did a recall and used proper materials I would've recommended them, but those updated covers with proper nickel alloys are very hard to come by nowadays and their new series for current gen cards don't impress me, and they look like doggy doo.
    Excellent that answers all of my questions for now, thanks Doc. Yeah I originally would have gone with EK but since their recall they've been using cheaper quality parts, and I really don't want cheap parts when it comes to water around my computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12