Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

Stevenom is Correct here, his answer may have been blunt but it was still correct.
    SSD's work exceptionally faster than a HDD because it has NO MOVING PARTS.

A HDD needs time to spin up while a SSD does not. There are also other factors affecting performance.
    A SSD Has real world performance in that your programs/games will load quicker as well as your operating system but it will not improve your actual fps in games.

You may want to have a look here.
    Solid-state drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If I were to get an SSD could I get a 60GB?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

maybe even a 32GB?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Told you.
    If youre gonna get an SSD, don't skimp out on one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliikekoa View Post
    If I were to get an SSD could I get a 60GB?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

maybe even a 32GB?
    Like Stevenom said again no skimping.
    There are two things you should never skimp on when buying a PC and that's SSD quality and Power supplies.

120GB MINIMUM, a SSD's performance degrades with how much stuff you put on it and cluttering a 60GB will be useless.

Thanks

Like Stevenom said again no skimping.
    There are two things you should never skimp on when buying a PC and that's SSD quality and Power supplies.

120GB MINIMUM, a SSD's performance degrades with how much stuff you put on it and cluttering a 60GB will be useless.
    Explain what I can/should put on it to make my PC run fastER. Because I'm also getting a 1TB hardrive for games and Etc. So go from there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliikekoa View Post
    Explain what I can/should put on it to make my PC run fastER. Because I'm also getting a 1TB hardrive for games and Etc. So go from there.
    Put your OS on your SSD of course, and any programs that you use frequently.

Thanks
    Your OS is really the only thing you should be putting on an SSD. Games, and most programs tend to write along with read a lot of info to the drive where they are installed, degrading the cell life of them even quicker. Even installing windows on it will degrade it quicker than it should theoretically work. SSD's still need some more work on improving their lifespans before MHD's will ever be phased out completely.

Which is why I said get a small one if you really want to, because you will not be installing hardly anything on it. Having 100GB SSD with only 16GB used is total idiocy. If you were installing all your games and programs on it, then you would need a couple of larger ones possibly in RAID, and that is well outside of your price range.

And for the record, the people ITT who say that without an SSD or with an HDD you will not be getting good, or only be getting slow load times; I have 2 1TB drives in my computer, running at 7200 RPM. There is not a single game installed on my computer which takes more than 10-15 seconds to have completely loaded. 10-15 being the max amount of time. CoD4 takes about 3 seconds to load maps, Skyrim takes about 7 seconds to load into a world, LoL takes about 10 seconds to load, and no other game takes longer than LoL. SSD's offer extra performance. Nothing necessary, and is only for people who have the money to spend on something that is above average quality.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Your OS is really the only thing you should be putting on an SSD. Games, and most programs tend to write along with read a lot of info to the drive where they are installed, degrading the cell life of them even quicker. Even installing windows on it will degrade it quicker than it should theoretically work. SSD's still need some more work on improving their lifespans before MHD's will ever be phased out completely.

Which is why I said get a small one if you really want to, because you will not be installing hardly anything on it. Having 100GB SSD with only 16GB used is total idiocy. If you were installing all your games and programs on it, then you would need a couple of larger ones possibly in RAID, and that is well outside of your price range.

And for the record, the people ITT who say that without an SSD or with an HDD you will not be getting good, or only be getting slow load times; I have 2 1TB drives in my computer, running at 7200 RPM. There is not a single game installed on my computer which takes more than 10-15 seconds to have completely loaded. 10-15 being the max amount of time. CoD4 takes about 3 seconds to load maps, Skyrim takes about 7 seconds to load into a world, LoL takes about 10 seconds to load, and no other game takes longer than LoL. SSD's offer extra performance. Nothing necessary, and is only for people who have the money to spend on something that is above average quality.
    Really opened my mind. I could see If I had a $750 budget but I don't.

Thanks

There's nothing about my models there so i'll stick to hoping my seagates don't fail on me.
    Who really cares about drive performance when most of today's enthusiast users have a SSD anyway? I've got a 240GB Sandisk and 120GB Samsung SSD and there's no way i'm going to be putting any of the files i need to access quickly on my mechanical HDD anymore, just storage.

Sure WD may be better, but i'm just speaking from personal experience like you are.
    Where is Liz's signature!!!??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123