Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Please help, have a couple of questions

So basically i'm trying to work with XNA 2D game development and for 2D game development I need to make sprites. First question is, where can I find normal non advanced sprites? I'm trying to learn how to sprite and I need references that I can copy and change so I can get the technique of how to draw hands and stuff. I already looked in the resources and deviant art but even if I find something , it's something a little too advanced for a beginner like me. To give you an idea of what I mean by non advanced, look at this:

Am I not finding more of those because i'm using the wrong search term or what? I want them so I can get a reference to let's say how to make a sprite cape, and as I said before, to look at some techniques of drawing feet , hands , face and hair etc.
    Which brings me to my next question, Is looking at existing sprites and coping them to see the technique of drawing hands/feet and stuff good?
    Or's it better to just do everything yourself from scratch?

And my last question is What's a good pixel to make sprites in if i want to import it in XNA aka I want to use it in a game ? When I make a 100x100 it seems to big for my small little sprite so i'm really confused as to what pixel I should make it.

Thanks in advance, I really hope any of you might be able to answer my questions.

Thanks
    What do you mean by "Sprites" do you mean pixel art ?

Thanks
    Google "Sprite Sheets"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyes View Post
    What do you mean by "Sprites" do you mean pixel art ?
    No sprites. Like the 2D pixel paintings that you make to import in games. Altough I guess you can say pixel art but most of the time when I google pixel art it's more advanced stuff that I can't quite copy because I can't see them well or/and because I can't do much with them because i'm a beginner and they're more advanced.

But I think I found what I was looking for. It's a website called Sprite Database and I just had to look at the gba advanced period or so to get the more simple stuff.

But can you answer this question for me please
    "Which brings me to my next question, Is looking at existing sprites and coping them to see the technique of drawing hands/feet and stuff good?
    Or's it better to just do everything yourself from scratch?"

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot so I want to know what's the best way to start. Just drawing shitty sprites like you see in my sig or copying and changing existing ones a little to see techniques on how to draw hands, feet etc. and THEN try to draw my own sprite completely original?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laslod View Post
    No sprites. Like the 2D pixel paintings that you make to import in games. Altough I guess you can say pixel art but most of the time when I google pixel art it's more advanced stuff that I can't quite copy because I can't see them well or/and because I can't do much with them because i'm a beginner and they're more advanced.

But I think I found what I was looking for. It's a website called Sprite Database and I just had to look at the gba advanced period or so to get the more simple stuff.

But can you answer this question for me please
    "Which brings me to my next question, Is looking at existing sprites and coping them to see the technique of drawing hands/feet and stuff good?
    Or's it better to just do everything yourself from scratch?"

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot so I want to know what's the best way to start. Just drawing shitty sprites like you see in my sig or copying and changing existing ones a little to see techniques on how to draw hands, feet etc. and THEN try to draw my own sprite completely original?
    You could "Copy" to use as a reference point. (In GFX, we all have to start somewhere).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

You could "Copy" to use as a reference point. (In GFX, we all have to start somewhere).
    Alright thanks alot for the answer! Just another question, you don't have to answer if you don't know, do you know how I can copy and paste the spritesheets/sprites I see on ex. google images? Practically all the sprites I see on google images are too big and when I put them in photoshop and try to make them smaller, they become alot different than what they were in their original form ( their colors get weird, they get extra pixels etc.). So how do people get sprites that're actually small pixel x pixel, and then copy and paste it into their photoshop?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laslod View Post
    Alright thanks alot for the answer! Just another question, you don't have to answer if you don't know, do you know how I can copy and paste the spritesheets/sprites I see on ex. google images? Practically all the sprites I see on google images are too big and when I put them in photoshop and try to make them smaller, they become alot different than what they were in their original form ( their colors get weird, they get extra pixels etc.). So how do people get sprites that're actually small pixel x pixel, and then copy and paste it into their photoshop?
    What color mode are you using; 8 or 16bit?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

What color mode are you using; 8 or 16bit?
    8 bit " "