Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Thumbs up BO2 server not available!

Hello MPGH'ers,

So today after school i decided to hop on bo2 and when i hit play online it says bo2 server not available and that to try again later, it links me to the call of duty website for a status update on bo2 and it says its ok, and up and running. So i am wondering, is this a client or a server error? And also it would help if you guys had a fix for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    BTW: When it ways connecting to online services, it has "getting data from stream..." flashing below it, i have never had this happen before, is it an error?
    BTW2: The version on mp is 29.0.-1, im not sure if that is supposed to say that or if its a client error and the version is telling you something
    BTW3: I am not banned from bo2, it says in good standing from vac status and also its a fresh account so i didnt use any hacks yet (i was planning to later, tee hee...) so it was not a ban
    Last edited by skullbones1; 02-25-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    trying to delete your steam userdata folder and the restart steam and bo2 maybe this work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerfreak View Post
    trying to delete your steam userdata folder and the restart steam and bo2 maybe this work
    Thx for the advice but this didn't work either

Thanks
    bo2 isnt a vacsecured game they have there own thing called tac treyarch anti cheat so it wouldent say if you were banned in your status

殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Wrong section and try to reset internet

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by filipjc12 View Post
    bo2 isnt a vacsecured game they have there own thing called tac treyarch anti cheat so it wouldent say if you were banned in your status
    Actually if you were tac banned it would says you have been permanently banned from playing on the black ops 2 servers, if you were vac banned it would say You ARE VAC BANNED, YOU CANT PLAY ONLINE! in all caps

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by irishman101 View Post
    Wrong section and try to reset internet
    Thx for the advice but it still doesn't work, and also what section am i supposed to be in, sorry im a noob at this.

Thanks
    could be your nat type. you sure you got the ports forawrded? or have your router in dmz mode

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by filipjc12 View Post
    Black Ops 2 is secured by VAC and also by Treyarch's Anti-Cheat (TAC). I have been VAC banned once and also TAC banned once so far. When you get VAC banned you get a message saying, in all caps, that you cannot play online, and your Steam profile will now show your status as having a VAC ban. When you get manually TAC banned by Treyarch, you will get a message saying that you have been permanently banned from playing online, however, your Steam profile will not show a ban for this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dharbert For This Useful Post:

roy3805 (02-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Another question: could it be that i haven't updated steam since the last update: could it effect Black Ops 2 server connections?

Update: doing that had no effect, bo2 is still being an ahole (or i am)
    Last edited by skullbones1; 02-25-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by skullbones1 View Post
    Another question: could it be that i haven't updated steam since the last update: could it effect Black Ops 2 server connections?

Update: doing that had no effect, bo2 is still being an ahole (or i am)
    At this point I'd restart your modem (not JUST the router), and try it after 10 minutes.. If not, I suggest a game re-installation.

(It could also be your firewall not allowing BO2's Ports)

Must be one of the above reasons ^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Or just a temp down of the login servers of your region..your playlist version (29.0.-1) shows that it didnt load the correct playlist properly (have to be like 29.720.x i think) just wait and try later

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    did you try to search for max ping?? (300)
    do it may be it helps you..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ytoof View Post
    Or just a temp down of the login servers of your region..your playlist version (29.0.-1) shows that it didnt load the correct playlist properly (have to be like 29.720.x i think) just wait and try later
    How long do you think it will take? its has been a day already and it still hasn't updated, if it has to do with my region, then treyarch is leaving alot of players in the dark.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luka186 View Post
    (It could also be your firewall not allowing BO2's Ports)
    Do i disable my pc windows firewall?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Aight guys, another question:

My buddy has GreenLuma (before you call me out on it i just wanna say i warned him already) i read on the bo2 discussions that a new patch came out and he cant download it, how do you think he would be able to receive that patch?

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Aight guys, another question:

My buddy has GreenLuma (before you call me out on it i just wanna say i warned him already) i read on the bo2 discussions that a new patch came out and he cant download it, how do you think he would be able to receive that patch?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Update: Somehow i solved the problem, im not sure how but thx guys for all the help and i guess this is resolved!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to skullbones1 For This Useful Post:

Jorndel (02-27-2013)