Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Series you should check out!

I'll try to give you guys some stuff you probably haven't picked up. I'd reccommend Steins;gate or Bakemonogatari first and foremost as they appeal to more mainstream, but you guys already picked those up I believe.

----------------
    Manga
    ---------------

First off we got Onepunchman. Action, comedy, satire. Great art.
    -Onepunch-Man Manga Summary:
    Follows the life of an average hero who manages to win all battles with only one punch. This ability seems to frustrate him as he no longer feels the thrill and adrenaline of fighting a tough battle, which leads to him questioning his past desire of being strong.After all what's so good about having an overwhelming power

Its a great comedy/satire on the whole action genre and is a hilarious read. The art is also done by a professional(Eyeshield's artist). Its actually pretty sick how good the art is.

*spoilers*

Onepunch-Man Manga - Read Onepunch-Man Online at MangaHere.com
    ------------------------
    Anime
    --------------------
    Wakfu.
    -Well each season has an entirely different plot, but basically its an adventure to stop the timelord in the first and the demons in the second. Great animation, kid-friendly but still appeals to adults(one-piece ish), and has some of the more interesting plot-points than you'd think. Only downside is it is in French(still has subs).
    *taste of some of the better fights*

--------------
    Manga
    ----------

Dorohedoro

Probably one, if not the only manga I have ever read with a story so fucking twisted that I couldn't put it down till i finished. Then I re-read it to make sense of all the ridiculously awesome "nightmares". Its not for the feint of heart, but it is certainly the best thriller I've ever read. I never know what's going to happen next.

-Don't get me wrong, its got a solid timeline and it isn't trippy 24/7 like some horror manga are. Its just unpredictable for story, it is THAT good, THAT insane.(especially later, its got a pretty small story early on)

NOTE: It is dark/violent here is a small preview(horrible video but w/e).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5MIhuf69zM

Dorohedoro Manga - Read Dorohedoro Online at MangaHere.com

Tell me what you think if you view any of em.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-04-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nice suggestions.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Just gonna bump so I'm not making another thread again. Also the videos will contain spoilers to some degree.

Tripeace
    Now to me, this is an incredibly interesting series. It deals almost exclusively with the philosophy of war, but also brings some nice action into the mix. Its one of the very few series that actually recognizes humans in war. The art is great, action is great, story is "meh". There isn't much lore but its a fun ride. Its currently a small read, so catch up because its starting to explode!

Kekkaishi

I think kekkaishi is probably the best "spirit" manga you will ever read. Dealing with evil spirits and their capture, kekkaishi deals with this in the first half. The second half, deals with the spirit tamers themselves in a war amongst themselves. There is of course multiple plots invovled and its gets extremely interesing.
    -However: The anime pulls a Berserk/Gantz and ends just before it gets REALLY GOOD,do yourself a favor, stick with the manga or read it after the anime, its just soooooo much better after the halfway point. Also, gen isn't that great and most of the anime focuses on him.
    Note: This series is extremely well done in its consistency. Techniques are expanded, explained, and done right in every regard.

---------------

Katanagatari.

Beautiful. This is probably the only anime where instead of being shiny, it was a work of art. I've seen my fair share of pretty animation with romance, some sharp looking action, and some stunning choreography. But katanagatari is just...just art, its easily my favorite "artsy" anime ever. For twelve episodes or so it has a LOT of plot. Its characters are all nicely done with differences on each to a stunning degree, nice action, and a great story.(katana story is the name).

----------------------------------------

Summer Wars

Summer wars is movie really about the family. Its got a plot very similar to the digimon movie about a virus taking over the interwebs or such, very good, very cute. Its a watch if you like this sort of stuff.

Spoilers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Ive seen about half of those. Isn't Wakfu a game?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post
    Ive seen about half of those. Isn't Wakfu a game?
    Yeah, its also a game. Its a pretty shitty game, but the anime is nice.