Thread: God...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

God...

I think there is already a thread of it, but since I've got no idea where, I'm making a new one.

Does god exist?
    Vote and post please.

And +rep me. O.o

OOPS I FORGOT TO ADD A POLL

Pls do it mods...

1. God exist.
    2. I dont know..
    3. God doesn't.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dead Bones Brook For This Useful Post:

aaronsxc (06-22-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think it's very reasonable, and some laws of phsyics depend on, there being some kind of omnipresent energy source out there. I could care less about people's opinions on what it is or what it does, though. I don't blame it for people's mistakes, like certain religions, and that's why i'm agnostic. Also, if an atheist wants to argue statistics with me, i have a good one: 80% of atheists are fat. Also a factual statistic, although it doesn't mean they are all right? Because as all perspective, bias, trusting scientific research: nothing is indecisive or definite. Choosing between theism and atheism, is purely based on the type of person you are. There is too much proof on both sides, and most of what each call 'proof' is Lol, to me. So, lets all live together happily and respect each others beliefs, because even atheism is a zealous belief. Oh, unless you're catholic, then you're a retard. Besides, we won't really know until the end, and actually this is where religious people win by default, because either they get to rub it atheists faces or if the atheists were right, no one gets to say anything, can I get a teehee?
    Last edited by Toymaker; 06-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toymaker For This Useful Post:

aaronsxc (06-22-2009),hbk (06-22-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    2012 .
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by zhellbound
    It's probably easy to estimate how much longer it'll be before we kill ourselves off but, there's no way the idiot Mayan's (who lost all their gold and were raped by spain, creating the mexican race) could have prophecized the last year of earthly life. Unless you're super religious secretly, go sacrifice some one to a volcano and find out if they were right or not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It's probably easy to estimate how much longer it'll be before we kill ourselves off but, there's no way the idiot Mayan's (who lost all their gold and were raped by spain, creating the mexican race) could have prophecized the last year of earthly life. Unless you're super religious secretly, go sacrifice some one to a volcano and find out if they were right or not.
    mayan culture developed a very complicated math level dude, they predicted every damn eclipse you have seen and every fuckin eclipse you will see, and that without a telescope...they didnt kill people, those were the Aztects (another prehispanic culture), but mayan culture was a whole different thing.They developed a damn-complicated-as-hell-languaje that 'till our days isnt decoded 100%
    They were polytheists,theybelieved in manymany gods, onefor the rains, one for tha war, one forevery thing they consider important, there was even a god for the sun. Life was the most sacred thing for them.
    The "god" you talk about is just another invention, every fuckin god was invented by someone in an specific moment when they didnt find a reason for things that happens, not very often often, things called "miracles".

Gods are inventions of humans, nobody can see them, they are all powerful and they rule everything... thats the dream of every fuckin human being XD
    And religions exploit the god believers's faith to get money from them.
    Gods doesnt exist, there's nothign after death and religions are bullshit.
    A sinner once, a sinner twice!! No need for confession now...

There is no sweet salvation
    Your soul belongs to me
    A screaming pain for redemption
    My angels watch you bleed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Fuck the mayans.

Theres so many other make-more-sense-facts out there.
    Scientific and not.

The mayans are fucked.
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Wow, man, Toy... Your text is hard to understand. >.<

I don't beleave in God till there is proof. I only beleave in logic and science. ^^

And Toy, I'm a Atheist and I'm NOT fat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    IP BANN for Sexy

(im joking)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Who is banned?

(NO IT'S NOT MY FAULT, I SWEAR!)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sexy...If you can't understand my text, then you missed out on a lot of humorous Satire, sir. Any way, the problem with your statement (I learned naturally being a programmer) is your logic base...

• I probably know more about your own belief than you, so tell me what it is so we can discuss it's flaws(all beliefs have them).
    • Perspective is irrelevant to fact and a common cause of incorrect conclusions.

I'll inevitably fall back on the thought that most beliefs are reasonable enough to be respected and it's destructive to argue, truly. i.e. creationism verse evolutionism is a leading cause to unreliable information being commonly found now days. If both sides could get along and realize their bases are just 'theories' and not fact, and stop arguing them, then we could grow together and work on things that actually matter.
    Last edited by Toymaker; 06-22-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Sexy...If you can't understand my text, then you missed out on a lot of humorous Satire, sir. Any way, the problem with your statement (I learned naturally being a programmer) is your logic base...

• I probably know more about your own belief than you, so tell me what it is so we can discuss it's flaws(all beliefs have them).
    • Perspective is irrelevant to fact and a common cause of incorrect conclusions.

I'll inevitably fall back on the thought that most beliefs are reasonable enough to be respected and it's destructive to argue, truly. i.e. creationism verse evolutionism is a leading cause to unreliable information being commonly found now days. If both sides could get along and realize their bases are just 'theories' and not fact, and stop arguing them, then we could grow together and work on things that actually matter.

Wow ur so right but i would say that if these religions wouldnt be there non of them all this war and bad things that happens in this world.. all would be gone thats only my opinion but i'm still muslim :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    creationism verse evolutionism is a leading cause to unreliable information being commonly found now days. If both sides could get along and realize their bases are just 'theories' and not fact, and stop arguing them, then we could grow together and work on things that actually matter.
    Now Toymaker I'm gonna chew your ass out for this one.

1. CREATIONISM "is a leading cause to unreliable information"

2. "just 'theories"

1) Creationism isn't a "theory", it barely comes off as a coherent hypothesis, one that can't be tested, so at best it's mental masturbation (I'd even debate that).

2) Scientific Theories are models we use to explain natural phenomenon, the evolutionary process via natural selection has been proven to occur beyond any reasonable doubt (but I guess that hasn't stopped religious zealots before).

3.Evolution, is a fact. Evolutionary Theory is a model to explain how the evolutionary process works. In scientific theories, the model gets changed all the time, some parts revised others removed (not very often) others parts added, depending on observations made.

4. We have yet to find a single species of animal that "defies" evolution (but god knows creationists have tried[I swear to God if someone brings in flagellum to this argument I'm going to kill you all]).

I always have more to say but I might go off on another tirade.

Thunderfoot's "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" series makes creationist's cry.
    https://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3481305829426D
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 06-23-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Now Toymaker I'm gonna chew your ass out for this one.

1. CREATIONISM "is a leading cause to unreliable information"

2. "just 'theories"

1) Creationism isn't a "theory", it barely comes off as a coherent hypothesis, one that can't be tested, so at best it's mental masturbation (I'd even debate that).

2) Scientific Theories are models we use to explain natural phenomenon, the evolutionary process via natural selection has been proven to occur beyond any reasonable doubt (but I guess that hasn't stopped religious zealots before).

3.Evolution, is a fact. Evolutionary Theory is a model to explain how the evolutionary process works. In scientific theories, the model gets changed all the time, some parts revised others removed (not very often) others parts added, depending on observations made.

4. We have yet to find a single species of animal that "defies" evolution (but god knows creationists have tried[I swear to God if someone brings in flagellum to this argument I'm going to kill you all]).

I always have more to say but I might go off on another tirade.
    YouTube - Dear Creationists, Thank You. cdk007

Thunderfoot's "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" series makes creationist's cry.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    if you want to believe you came from apes..that's fine, but evolutionists have yet to find a species that proves evolution :O. If evolution were true, you would find fossils of animals and humans in the in-between stages. and how would plants that really on bugs/bees and animals that really on other animals have existed when they were not around? believe what you want... i still believe i have a purpose.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by XGelite View Post
    if you want to believe you came from apes..that's fine, but evolutionists have yet to find a species that proves evolution :O. If evolution were true, you would find fossils of animals and humans in the in-between stages. and how would plants that really on bugs/bees and animals that really on other animals have existed when they were not around? believe what you want... i still believe i have a purpose.

[IMG]https://www.terminally-incoheren*****m/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.grim-plane*****m/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/jesus_facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

Just to make sure at least one works for all.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 06-25-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Stop your hard words, honey.. >.< English isn't my native.

And my beleave is LOGIC. Let's discuss it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast