Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation PS2 Bans and YOU: Preventative Measures

A lot of people still don't know about this easy fix when it comes to PlanetSide 2 banning your account. I've seen a lot of people comment that they just make a new account in order to continue playing, spoof their hardware ID's/MAC address..ect and carry on.

I decided this was too much hard work/pointless/no-fun-at-all. I set about learning what the hell was banning everyone. A quick Google search turned up nothing with regards to the anti-cheat system on PS2 as there is none!

A few people on various forums mentioned that the crash reporter was uploading logs which contained information as to what was running on the computer at the time. The claim was made that blocking "wws_crashreport_uploader.exe" in their firewall seemed to prevent the usual 24 hour ban after cheating.

I used three dummy accounts to test this method myself. Logging in for 2 seconds, enabling the hack and closing the game. The next day, I get an email saying my account was banned for 7 to 8 days. After blocking "wws_crashreport_uploader.exe", I could cheat all I wanted on the other account. I tried the same thing on my main account and it worked fine there too.

This claim is further backed up by the fact wws_crashreport_uploader.exe started using network resources before and after the game is closed previous to blocking the application in Windows firewall.

I can't imagine many here not knowing how to block with windows firewall, but just in case...Here is a little tutorial:
    Block a program in Windows 7 Firewall

You need to block the crash reporter in both the main "PlanetSide 2" folder and the "LaunchPad.libs" folder, which will require 2 separate rules. Im sure blocking only "Outbound traffic" would solve this. But I suggest making 4 rules including inbound traffic as well.

PLEASE NOTE: If you get caught by a game moderator because you were clipping underneath the floor and ripping everyone to shreds, you will be banned either way.

Kindly report your progress/success if this method has worked for you.

Regards,
    Jubbles.
    Last edited by Jubbles123; 03-15-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jubbles123 For This Useful Post:

Cross31070 (04-22-2013),DatSwedishGuy (06-13-2014),frogger50 (07-05-2013),fynnr (03-28-2013),GreenToxic (03-15-2013),nahay1 (07-03-2013),Ni99a5uk1t (04-01-2013),ridemyr6 (03-15-2013),Volski (03-14-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Before I blocked the crash report thing i would infact get the 24 hour ban thingy But it's been maybe 2 weeks now and I have an account level 16 I think and I just use aimbot, no recoil and have not been banned. I am also not being an obvious hacker and killing just squads and squads of people :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thank you. I just did this and believe it or not I had NO idea how to block using Windows firewall without a prompt for it since I hate and don't use the windows firewall. So that link was helpful! I can't wait to try this and see if I can avoid the banhammer.

Thanks
    Is true that when you have already an account is not working, dont understand why, but I created a new one now and played a lot and for the first time they dont ban me, before even if I wasnt hacking they banned me without a valid reason, maybe because in the first account I was hacking, dont know, but well I'm very happy that for now I dont get a ban Thank you

Thanks
    Just read this tweet by John Smedley, after "banning a whole bunch of idiots":
    “Thanks for playing. Bunch of aimbots crashing like crazy now.”
    I should have seen this earlier. I'll be reading his announcements more often from now on if it is going to provide this much insight in to the future anti-cheating methods of this game.
    Last edited by Jubbles123; 03-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubbles123 View Post
    I should have seen this earlier. I'll be reading his announcements more often from now on if it is going to provide this much insight in to the future anti-cheating methods of this game.
    What does his tweet tell you that can help you figure out anti-cheat methods they have?

Thanks
    The fact he said "crashing like crazy" tells me they are looking at information other than the likes of screenshots. Rumor has it they look at stats too, which is resulting in a lot of good innocent people getting banned.

It is a good indicator for the future. It means, we can continue doing this as long as SOE holds off on PunkBuster. Manual bans are not a threat if cheating is kept to a minimum.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    How to do with Windows XP 32 Bit my Master please help me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by .UserName. View Post
    How to do with Windows XP 32 Bit my Master please help me
    ewww windows XP get out of here :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Quote Originally Posted by aplum123 View Post
    ewww windows XP get out of here :P
    Better Than windows 7 and 8 >.< For me but i have big problems to find hacks
    Im searching for a Planetside 2 Hack but nowhere to find whats work for windows XP 32 bit.

Most of the time if i try to inject "Kernel32problem"

But thats an other Problem so please someone tell me how to block for windows XP ?
    And Gods of Hacker please create Hack for XP too the half people of the world use it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Better Than windows 7 and 8 >.< For me but i have big problems to find hacks
    Im searching for a Planetside 2 Hack but nowhere to find whats work for windows XP 32 bit.

Most of the time if i try to inject "Kernel32problem"

But thats an other Problem so please someone tell me how to block for windows XP ?
    And Gods of Hacker please create Hack for XP too the half people of the world use it
    I have windows 8 and I love it get at me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Fine but its now not really help me >.<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Fine but its now not really help me >.<
    Get windows 7 or 8, there, that'll fix it. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    In your dreams xDD

Thanks
    Wow really they are ppl that still use windows XP? OMG thats really sad for me, because I'm a web programmer and we have so many problems with ppl that use old stuffs, specially web browsers like Internet Explorer (the worst thing ever...) I suppose for the OS programmers is the same

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast