Semis, assault rifles are designed for assault lol

Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    no bombs, none of that
    Home Depot
    20 dollars
    Chemistry knowledge
    @Lehsyrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Gun nuts make me lelz.

Anyways, I think that it's fine that a citizen should be able to have a gun. But only if they have proved that they are able to handle it.

It should NOT, be easier to get a fucking gun licence than a driver's licence. It should NOT be easier to get the right to carry and shoot a gun, a device where the main purpose is to fucking kill people, than a fucking car, which is mainly a method of transportation.

You can try to argue that the government is controlling you and limiting you all you want. I would rather have no one have guns than even one crazy fuck that's able to attain it just by walking into a shop and picking a gun. It should not be as easy as picking a fucking shirt or your lunch or something. You can have guns, but the tests to get them should be strict, and you should have to have ABSOLUTELY NO criminal record, not even petty theft. You SHOULD have to take a test to see if you're mentally stable, and then, you can have a gun.

Even at that point, I don't think you should be able to buy a fucking RPG or some shit. Pistols, and maybe a shotgun or assault rifle here or there, MAX. No sniper, no RPG, no bombs, none of that. Only something for immediate self defense, that's it.

--------------

That's my take on it at least, some people disagree, but I don't think everyone and their mom should be able to walk around with a fucking gun.
    So because I have a charge on my record for reckless vandalism as an immature 16 year old at the time I am not allowed to carry a firearm? That's perfectly fine by me, I can make an AK-47 in about an hour in my basement, an explosive device for ten bucks using fertilizer, petroleum adhesive for about six bucks that can not be put out by a chemical fire extinguisher, an armor piercing projectile larger than a tank round for about thirty bucks, a gattling gun for about sixty bucks, an explosive wave amplification solution for about thirty bucks that can turn a measly cherry bomb into a blast that destroys five acres of land, a skin burning laser for about twenty bucks, and to top the cake if I REALLY want a gun I can buy just about any weapon on the black market. Assault rifles priced at 200 a piece, rocket propelled grenade launchers at 800 a piece, pistols for a mere 80 bucks a piece, hell I even know where you can buy a tank with no permits (if you have 400,000 bucks). Gun control is completely irrelevant. By constricting the citizens usage of weapons you are hurting the innocent who want to protect themselves whilst giving the enemy a greater motivation to erect even more devastating devices homebrew.

Threadstarter
    She Dreamt She Was a Bulldozer
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    a device where the main purpose is to fucking kill people, than a fucking car, which is mainly a method of transportation.
    US Gun Murders in 2010: 10,100
    US Traffic Accident Deaths in 2010: 32,885 (Second Lowest in 62 years)
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    So because I have a charge on my record for reckless vandalism as an immature 16 year old at the time I am not allowed to carry a firearm? That's perfectly fine by me, I can make an AK-47 in about an hour in my basement, an explosive device for ten bucks using fertilizer, petroleum adhesive for about six bucks that can not be put out by a chemical fire extinguisher, an armor piercing projectile larger than a tank round for about thirty bucks, a gattling gun for about sixty bucks, an explosive wave amplification solution for about thirty bucks that can turn a measly cherry bomb into a blast that destroys five acres of land, a skin burning laser for about twenty bucks, and to top the cake if I REALLY want a gun I can buy just about any weapon on the black market. Assault rifles priced at 200 a piece, rocket propelled grenade launchers at 800 a piece, pistols for a mere 80 bucks a piece, hell I even know where you can buy a tank with no permits (if you have 400,000 bucks). Gun control is completely irrelevant. By constricting the citizens usage of weapons you are hurting the innocent who want to protect themselves whilst giving the enemy a greater motivation to erect even more devastating devices homebrew.
    BE MY CHEMISTRY TEACHER
    TAKE MY MONEY
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @Lehsyrus

Sure, be my guest. If that's the trouble you want to go through, I can't stop you. At least you didn't walk into any random gun shop and pick it out like you were buying a snack.

Thanks
    If you look in recent places where they've banned guns.. (Australia) The crimes shot up immediately. And, not only that, but they shot up, a lot. You know why? Because like Lehsyrus said, the criminals knew that there was no way of the citizens protecting themselves, so of course they were gonna start breaking into homes, stealing things, and killing people. There's no sense in making guns illegal all together, and in all reality... Background checks in my honest opinion won't do much. As proven in incidents before, a perfectly normal kid. Honor roll his whole life, been a great person, worked community service, or at a shelter, but that kid could change in a heartbeat. Someone close to him could die, and he go insane, he could have a bad influence in his life, so that bad influence tells him to go kill 20 people, and so he does it. (Not that it's likely, but it's possible.)

There's a lot of things that can go wrong with a person, in a short amount of time, but overall if you've ever considered putting a ban on guns, you better be ready to start bring a knife to a gun fight, because there's no stopping people from getting guns, and as stated above numerous times... You could make an explosive with instructions off the internet for a measly 30 dollars.

@scotbud123, Are you really saying that you'd be okay with someone building a bomb that could possibly kill thousands of people, than rather have him get a gun and kill 20? If so, you must hate the human race, because if was like that, we'd be wiped out in no time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles <3 View Post
    @scotbud123, Are you really saying that you'd be okay with someone building a bomb that could possibly kill thousands of people, than rather have him get a gun and kill 20? If so, you must hate the human race, because if was like that, we'd be wiped out in no time.
    We wouldn't be wiped out in no time because a majority of the population don't make bombs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

We wouldn't be wiped out in no time because a majority of the population don't make bombs
    Sorry, didn't put my words in.

If everyone were to be like Lehsyrus, and made bombs instead trying to go out and buy a gun.. Which I mean.. Once again you can look up how to make a bomb on internet, and you can easily kill tons of people. We'd be wiped out in no time. (Hyperbole, but you get the point.. We'd be dying a lot faster.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Sorry, didn't put my words in.
    If everyone were to be like Lehsyrus, and made bombs instead trying to go out and buy a gun.. Which I mean.. Once again you can look up how to make a bomb on internet, and you can easily kill tons of people. We'd be wiped out in no time. (Hyperbole, but you get the point.. We'd be dying a lot faster.)
    Ofc the world would end quickly if everyone used explosives to solve problems
    People like Lehsyrus however, only resort to explosives when he cannot acquire any kind of firearms legally

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    How the fuck is that what you got from what I said?

He said he can build an AK-47, I said if you want to go through the trouble, alright. Still not as easy as walking into a shop and saying "I want that one".

Why would I be comparing guns to bombs...don't try to make to make me look stupid when you don't even understand what I said.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    He said he can build an AK-47, I said if you want to go through the trouble, alright. Still not as easy as walking into a shop and saying "I want that one".
    But 3D printer...

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    How the fuck is that what you got from what I said?

Why would I be comparing guns to bombs...don't try to make to make me look stupid when you don't even understand what I said.
    Problem is you can't just enter a shop and say "I want that one". Have you ever purchased a firearm, seen someone purchase a firearm, or even KNOW anyone who has purchased a firearm? My take is that you haven't and are just regurgitating the ignorant spew you watched on the news. You must go through a thorough background check.

Here are some of the people prohibited from purchasing a firearm:

• Those convicted of felonies and certain misdemeanors except where state law reinstates rights, or removes disability.
    • Fugitives from justice
    • Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs
    • Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution and currently containing a dangerous mental illness.
    • Non-US citizens, unless permanently immigrating into the U.S. or in possession of a hunting license legally issued in the U.S.
    • Undocumented Immigrants
    • Those who have renounced U.S. citizenship
    • Minors defined as under the age of eighteen for long guns and the age of twenty-one for handguns, with the exception of Vermont, eligible at age sixteen.
    • Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (an addition)
    • Persons under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year are ineligible to receive, transport, or ship any firearm or ammunition

Last edited by Aborted; 04-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Minors defined as under the age of eighteen for long guns and the age of twenty-one for handguns, with the exception of Vermont, eligible at age sixteen.
    What's a long gun?

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

What's a long gun?
    ​Anything with a barrel longer than 16 inches.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​Anything with a barrel longer than 16 inches.
    So you can buy a rifle at 19 but not a handgun?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast