Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Exclamation KrazyShank v2.0 Private Server on MAC OSX

Hey guys. This tutorial took me about 3 hours to write, so hopefully it helps. It's pretty fucking thorough.
    A few people were asking how I managed to get @krazyshank's Private server running on my Mac OSX, and I am going to try and tell you how.
    At the end of this tutorial there will also be a Hamachi you can go to if you have any questions.
    IF YOU DO NOT TRY THE TUTORIAL FIRST BEFORE ASKING ME QUESTIONS I WILL NOT ANSWER YOU. The only way I will be able to help is if you let me know the step you got stuck on, and why.

--------DISCLAIMER--------
    I take no liability if you ruin your computer by attempting to create your own private server using this tutorial... In other words, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Things you will need. (During the tutorial I will tell you when to download these, where, and what to do with them)
    - About 10 gb of hardrive space.
    - Quite a bit of your time.
    - You must download Parallels for Mac OSX - I am running on 10.8.3 - Either Parellels 7 or 8 should work fine. (Google Search for Parallels Desktop - 8.0.18354.823166)
    - You are going to need a Windows 7 .iso (I am personally using Windows 7 Professional (Google Search for Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64-bit RemoveWAT Included!)
    - You will need to download the files from https://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-...or-fixing.html
    - You will also need to download the files from https://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-..****-redone.html
    - You will understand why you will need both of those programs later on in the tutorial.
    - A File Extractor (Winrar or RAR Expander(Mac friendly))
    - .NET Frameworks 4.0.0.0 (Link in corresponding spoiler)
    - Shockwave Projector (Link in corresponding spoiler)
    - Latest Java (Link in corresponding spoiler)

OK. I think that covers everything you need.

Let's start! Shall we?

Start Here

1. Download and install Parallels After it installs DO NOT CLOSE IT LEAVE IT OPEN!

2. Download Windows 7 .ISO

3. After the .ISO has been downloaded, go to your parallels and have it install the Windows 7 .ISO (The file 'Removewat' is not needed during this. Don't delete it, just ignore it)

4. The Windows is going to take quite a while to Complete.

5. After Windows 7 is working and running you must open up 'Windows Update' in Windows 7 and run it. It will take a while, but it is necessary. (The reason for this is so that the windows downloads the correct .NET Frameworks)

6. After all of this is complete you are now ready to begin!

7. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center and Install this (Found this made the process easier when I did it, it is also to make sure your .NET Framework is up to date)

8. After that is installed go into your Windows 7, click start, type in 'Windows Firewall and Advanced Settings' and open it.

9. Under 'Overview' click 'Windows Firewall Properties'

10. Under the 3 tabs named 'Domain Profile', 'Private Profile', and 'Public Profile' change the Firewall State to 'OFF'

10 1/2. In Mac OSX Open 'System Preferences' Click 'Security and Privacy' go to tab 'Firewall' and turn it off.

11. Now you are ready to download the 2 files I posted before

12. After downloading those files, you are going to extract them using an extraction program, and leave them on your desktop. (Realize, you can use both Mac programs and Windows programs simultaneously, so you can extract items with Mac programs, and then open the files with Windows)

13. You are going to rename folder 'KrazyServer v0.6_2_mpgh.net' to 'Backbone'

14. You are going to rename folder 'KrazyServer v2_mpgh.net' to 'KrazyServer'

This is where it gets tricky so pay attention. Some of these tasks must be done under Windows OS, others need to be done under your Mac OSX. If you need to open folders or something on your Windows, you can always go through clicking 'Windows 7 Applications' on your dock and selecting 'My Documents' This puts you in windows mode. TO KNOW WHICH MODE YOU ARE IN LOOK AT THE FRAME AROUND THE WINDOW. IF THE 'X' BUTTON IS ON THE RIGHT IT IS WINDOWS, IF IT IS ON THE LEFT IT IS MAC. PAY ATTENTION!

15. In Windows, Go into folder 'Backbone/_Server' on Windows and go to /_rServer/server/bin/Release/Server.exe. Right click on this program and select 'Run as Administrator' - Select run

16. The program is going to run and say something like "Listening to port -number-" On a notepad or on paper write 'Server - port -enter number here-' (This is for you and I if you run into a problem later on in the tutorial. Make sure you do this.)

17. Close the program and go back to the very beginning of the folder 'Backbone'

18. In Windows, Go into folder 'Backbone/_Server' on Windows and go to /_rServer/wServer/bin/Release/wServer.exe Right click on this program and select 'Run as Administrator' - Select run

19. The program is going to run and say something like "Startet to port -number-" On a notepad or on paper write 'wServer - port -enter number here-' (This is for you and I if you run into a problem later on in the tutorial. Make sure you do this.)

20. Now, On your Mac go back to the beginning of folder 'Backbone/_Server' Right click file 'start_mysql.bat' select 'Open With - Notepad (default) (Windows 7)

21. At this point you should see a notepad open up saying 'mysql\bin\mysqld --defaults-file=mysql\bin\my.cnf --standalone --console
    pause' If it does. Good. If it doesn't re-download 'KrazyServer v0.6_2_mpgh.net' and try again. (If you have to re-download you DO NOT have to do steps 15-19 again.)

22. In Windows, you are going to Right Click the folder 'mysql' and select 'Copy'

23. Still in Windows, Open another folder and navigate to 'C:/Windows/System32'

24. Paste the folder into System32, and get the fuck out of there. If you do something other then just paste, or delete something, you are probably screwed, so just don't do anything else.

24 1/2. Go back to the 'Backbone/_Server/' folder, Right Click 'start_mysql.bat' select 'Run as Administrator' and see if it runs. If it does run, copy the port number down, just incase you need it for later, if it doesn't try these steps 20-24 again.

After all of this is done, the hard part is over. Take a breather, go pee, I'll be right here.
    25. Welcome back! Everything you just did seemed timely, but it was all very very important. (I am pretty sure everything below this is all done in Windows)

26. In Windows, you are now going to go to the Shockwave link, on the left Click 'Flash Player 11.7' it will bring you a list of downloadable Windows files. Download 'Windows Flash Player 11.7 Projector (EXE, 9.72MB)'

27. Run and install this program, after it is installed just leave it alone, it is necessary for later on.

28. In Windows, Download 'Windows Online' - It is the first one. Again, I don't know why, but this makes the server run smoother.

29. You are now going to open both the 'Backbone/_Server' folder and the 'KrazyServer/_Server' and put them next to each other.

30. From your 'Backbone' folder, drag 'start_mysql.bat' file into ther 'KrazyServer/_Server' folder - You want to replace the one in ''KrazyServer/_Server'

31. From your 'Backbone' folder, drag the 'mysql' FOLDER into the 'KrazyServer/_Server' folder - You want to replace the one in 'KrazyServer/_Server'

32. (You no longer need the 'Backbone' folder, but keep it just in case.)

33. In Windows, open 'KrazyServer' folder go to /_rServer/server/bin/Release/Server.exe Right click and select 'Run as Administrator' Select 'Yes' at the pop-up and once it starts running, minimize it. (It should show the same port as the previous one before)

34. In Windows, open 'KrazyServer' folder go to /_rServer/wserver/bin/Release/wServer.exe Right click and select 'Run as Administrator' Select 'Yes' at the pop-up and once it starts running, minimize it. (It should show the same port as the previous one before)

34 1/2. It is perfectly normal for your wServer to be saying things like 'Not Supported Type: Merchant' or 'Lagged' Mine does this as well.

35. In Windows, open 'KrazyServer' folder go to /_rServer/start_mysql.bat Right click and select 'Run as Administrator' Select 'Yes' at the pop-up and once it starts running, minimize it. (It should show the same port as the previous one before)

36. DO NOT RUN KRAZYSERVER V2.EXE YET At this point you are going to open the 'localhost.swf' file in the '/_Server' folder by Right clicking it, and selecting 'Open With - Adobe Flash Player 11.7' If this is not an option Right click it again select 'Open With' Click 'Choose Default Program' Browse and look in your computer (usually located in the folder it was downloaded into) for 'flashplayer_11_sa' Select it.

37. ROTMG is going to say 'Loading...' Just wait a few seconds and you will see the actual server start. Minimize it, or move it out of the center of the screen.

PLAY CLOSE ATTENTION HERE. THE TASK YOU HAVE TO PERFORM IS VERY FAST, SO YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES. IF YOU MESSAGE ME ABOUT THESE FOLLOWING STEPS, I WILL FUCKING STRANGLE YOU IT IS CONFUSING BUT THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.
    36. In Windows,open 'KrazyServer' folder go to /_Server/KrazyServer v2.exe Double click the program and let it start (DO NOT RUN AS ADMIN)

36 1/2. The next few instructions are suppose to cause errors, you will understand why after. Pay VERY VERY VERY close attention to the button that says 'Connection Info' in the next instruction.

37. When the 'KrazyServer v2' program is open you are going to click 'Start' At this point, you are going to see the 'Connection Info' button turn into two buttons. One of them says 'ROTMG' and one of them says 'Spawner' You want to click 'Spawner' as fast as possible because it dissapears in about 2 seconds (if you mess this part up you can always do it again, it's not a big deal) It is going to show you error screens, such as 'Server has stopped running' and 'wServer has stopped running' - Just 'X' out of the error screens. Do not click close the application, do not close the actual Server or wServer programs JUST THE ERROR MESSAGES

37 1/2. The reason you are doing this is because the 'KrazyServer v2' program does not open the spawner unless a flash projector is already running, thats why you are opening 'localhost.swf' before you do this. (If you open the spawner then try and close the 'KrazyServer v2 program the spawner is going to close with it, just minimize the main program and keep the Spawner open)

38. The only thing that has actually been closed down and is no longer working is your 'start_mysql.exe' program. All you are going to do is start the program again, by Right clicking and 'Run as Administrator' just like before.

39. You should have a running 'Server.exe' wServer.exe' 'start_mysql.bat' 'Spawner' and 'KrazyServer v2' programs. Minimize the 'KrazyServer v2' program and leave 'Spawner' open. (If you open the spawner then try and close the 'KrazyServer v2 program the spawner is going to close with it, just minimize the main program and keep the Spawner open)

40. Use the 'Spawner' to spawn items and monsters, it will work even if the 'KrazyServer v2' program says it is not connected.

THAT IS IT! YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING!!!
    I am going to try and figure out how to get the server online so you can play with friends over Hamachi.

Ignore this if you are up and running already.
    If for some reason you cannot gett online because your ports are used or closed you are going to have to go online to your router, by finding out your ip adress, entering it into your browser, logging onto your router, going into firewall settings, and opening those ports. That is why you wrote them down before.

If you need help I have 2 Hamachi Servers open to try and figure it out with you. I AM NOT HOSTING PRIVATE SERVERS THEY ARE ONLY FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
    -------------------------------------------
    Server - PServerMacOSXHelp1
    Pass - 12345

Server - PServerMacOSXHelp2
    Pass 12345
    -------------------------------------------

I really hopes this helps, and if it did don't forget to 'Thanks' me please!

Credits
    Wrapper/Compiling/Portable mySQL - @krazyshank
    RotMG and Web server - Nano

Good Luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tooopher For This Useful Post:

RaymondW (07-17-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I get access is denied

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

All hamachi server are down

Thanks
    there is no start_mysql.bat file in either downloads just to let you know, which makes this post completely irrelevant.

Thanks
    ok so i got the start_mysql file but when i try to open it it says it is not recognized as an internal or external command

Thanks
    Hey Krazy, I dont know how to get on to your Hamachi troubleshoot lines so I'll just ask my question here.
    When I try to run my MySql on the mac I cannot find the Windows default Notepad, I tried to install Notepad++ and run it but it keeps coming up with an error that says I can't open it using Notepad++. Any ideas, I'd love to see some clarification. BTW EVERYTHING in your guide worked apart from this, the server is running and now all I need to do is log in to my built nexus, know how that works at all? How to load nexus map, I dont know if its my problem. Thx!