Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thumbs down Microsoft just lost all of what was left of it's respect..

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards
    Unbelievable. Not only that they don't trust their brand new Xbox one, They also haven't had the confidence to use windows 8 instead of windows 7..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You do know Win 7 is better than Win 8 right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I've seen this on Tumblr , I was going to posted it but I was like meh.
    Last edited by -Lame; 06-15-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    This is probably the funniest thing I have read all year.

Thanks
    saw this the other day i never laughed so hard this is beyond fail everything went downhill for them this year

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Yeah windows 7 is better.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​Most E3 games are run on Comps.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You are totally fucking clueless.

This statement is so fucking stupid I can't even respond to it. You lost respect for Microsoft over that? How sure are you that it was "their" computers anyway? You think Microsoft hauled their own Computers to E3 - they probably hired a tech team to set them up.

That is like arguing everyone without windows 8 installed hates windows 8. That argument is insane.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-15-2013 at 01:47 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post

This statement is so fucking stupid I can't even respond to it. You lost respect for Microsoft over that? How sure are you that it was their computers anyway?
    Bro, you edited out like a paragraph, because you probably realized what you said made no sense.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post

Bro, you edited out like a paragraph, because you probably realized what you said made no sense.
    I edited out a paragraph because I thought for a moment people were suggesting the console was running on the Win7 Kernel.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks

This statement is so fucking stupid I can't even respond to it. You lost respect for Microsoft over that? How sure are you that it was "their" computers anyway? You think Microsoft hauled their own Computers to E3 - they probably hired a tech team to set them up.

That is like arguing everyone without windows 8 installed hates windows 8. That argument is insane.
    jeta, jew need to calm down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I used Windows 8 for a while before, and It was not as good.

Broke a lot of compatibility with my older *microsoft* programs, and my older games.
    Office 2000 wouldn't install on Windows 8, while it worked flawlessly on Vista and 7.

I know you are going to be saying I shouldn't be running old software, and pay an extra $300+ for a new MS Office. If you tell me to torrent it, you are not being loyal to the company that you love so much.

Also, my 90s and early 2000 games that ran on versions of DirectX prior to 8 don't work at all for some reason. Are you gonna tell me its my fault for trying to play a game that uses directX 5 on a 2012 OS?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    lawl. funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny. however, there is nothing bad about using win7 instead of 8...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​Most E3 games are run on Comps.
    It's not about the fact that it's a PC running the games, it's about the fact that these PC's are a million times better than the actual Xbox.. @Adolfmay Microsoft just showed me their own disbelief of their products.. If they wanted to showoff with that great technology of theirs, they would make sure they are using the damn right specs for those PC's.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post

I used Windows 8 for a while before, and It was not as good.

Broke a lot of compatibility with my older *microsoft* programs, and my older games.
    Office 2000 wouldn't install on Windows 8, while it worked flawlessly on Vista and 7.

I know you are going to be saying I shouldn't be running old software, and pay an extra $300+ for a new MS Office. If you tell me to torrent it, you are not being loyal to the company that you love so much.

Also, my 90s and early 2000 games that ran on versions of DirectX prior to 8 don't work at all for some reason. Are you gonna tell me its my fault for trying to play a game that uses directX 5 on a 2012 OS?
    I don't work for Microsoft I can't answer that question. What I can say is this:

There have been a lot of changes and deprecation since DX5 - that isn't Microsoft's fault - they have stated and given you very much warning that your old software will not be supported on their new platform - Microsoft can't carry around old clunky SDKs wherever they go it would bloat the OS and lead to performance difficulties. If you want to use deprecated SDKs, you'll need to install a VM. Further, this isn't entirely under Microsoft's control, legacy hardware doesn't exist anymore either.

I am not 'loyal' to MS. I am a developers that works with MS SDKs so excuse me for being supportive for my platform.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peen View Post
    It's not about the fact that it's a PC running the games, it's about the fact that these PC's are a million times better than the actual Xbox.. @Adolfmay Microsoft just showed me their own disbelief of their products.. If they wanted to showoff with that great technology of theirs, they would make sure they are using the damn right specs for those PC's.
    Oh please. They setup a platform in under 25 nano seconds so that you could try out Xbox one games on the quickest platform they could establish. If you're that sensative then surely to god you would've lost respect for half the things you have seen in life by now. This argument is absurd - it isn't even worth my time.

No one is going to argue that a PC is less powerful than the next-gen gaming console. I don't argue that at all. They are literally tailored PCs.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast