Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by bustersbss View Post
    Scot, the black thing is actually the White Zetsu that Madara used to save Obito's life when they first met.
    That's what Saywer thought. Well, he thinks it's Black Zetsu, but still. Guess I'll just have to wait until next week. xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post

Yeah, I guess more depth could be added to a lot of things, but we have enough to understand it. We're not really to the point on anything where we're saying "what the fuck, that doesn't even make sense", more of "the details of that haven't really been expanded upon".
    Actually 90% of naruto doesn't add up to its own chakra system. But w/e, its not like the show didn't turn into "mana" based after the first 50 episodes.(in other words everything is possible since energy is only used up to a major degree when the person says "oh no, i used too much energy" or something stupid like that. Even stuff that should take a bit more energy is still at the same league as something trivial like a fireball.)

Point is, nothing is really explained because at this point we just see something and we chalk it up to the "superhero" factor that you see in stuff like Xmen and shit.

Oh so and so can destroy matter? Oh ok, w/e. So and so can make a giant monster? Ok ok, w/e.
    ------------

Just saying, anything in naruto is free-game atm. It is one of those series where 90% of the techniques have no real mechanics or system behind it besides "oh it uses energy, derp".

:/
    Last edited by Empire; 06-30-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Actually 90% of naruto doesn't add up to its own chakra system. But w/e, its not like the show didn't turn into "mana" based after the first 50 episodes.(in other words everything is possible since energy is only used up to a major degree when the person says "oh no, i used too much energy" or something stupid like that. Even stuff that should take a bit more energy is still at the same league as something trivial like a fireball.)

Point is, nothing is really explained because at this point we just see something and we chalk it up to the "superhero" factor that you see in stuff like Xmen and shit.

Oh so and so can destroy matter? Oh ok, w/e. So and so can make a giant monster? Ok ok, w/e.
    ------------

Just saying, anything in naruto is free-game atm. It is one of those series where 90% of the techniques have no real mechanics or system behind it besides "oh it uses energy, derp".

:/
    Since when do people watch anime and read manga to be in a world of reason. The reason most people read and watch these things is because of the lack of reason.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bustersbss For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Since when do people watch anime and read manga to be in a world of reason. The reason most people read and watch these things is because of the lack of reason.
    :/ Unfortunately you are confusing "fantasy" with "consistency".

I hardly expect realism from manga of any type, but consistency is a must otherwise your playing the "marvel" game.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    :/ Unfortunately you are confusing "fantasy" with "consistency".

I hardly expect realism from manga of any type, but consistency is a must otherwise your playing the "marvel" game.
    First you take stabs at Naruto, then you take stabs at Marvel? What's next, DC?

And what do you mean? If you're talking about the live-action movies, just stop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "Oh so and so can destroy matter? Oh ok, w/e. So and so can make a giant monster? Ok ok, w/e.......Just saying, anything in naruto is free-game atm. It is one of those series where 90% of the techniques have no real mechanics or system behind it besides "oh it uses energy, derp".

By going with what you just said, your problem isn't with consistency. By giving the wide generalization that Kishi gave of Chakra, you don't have to "chalk it up to superhero factor", you can chalk it up to Chakra. You're problem is that they are able to seemingly create something from nothing, doing things that defy reality such as "destroying matter".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bustersbss For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    First you take stabs at Naruto, then you take stabs at Marvel? What's next, DC?

And what do you mean? If you're talking about the live-action movies, just stop.
    :/ Yeah sorry, I shouldn't have referenced Marvel, I forget that's kind of abstract in relation.
    -Marvel suffers from re-do's and random/shitty superhero's out the ass. Although most people only know it for stuff like Spiderman or the Avenger's team, they have redone every series at least 2-3 times while still just shitting out superhero's and powers of any type. X-Men suffered this problem the most though.
    ^Again, this is comic stuff, sorry for the abstract.

DC is actually a lot more conservative with everything(powers, timeline, the occasional re-do), which I find kind of funny.

By going with what you just said, your problem isn't with consistency. By giving the wide generalization that Kishi gave of Chakra, you don't have to "chalk it up to superhero factor", you can chalk it up to Chakra. You're problem is that they are able to seemingly create something from nothing, doing things that defy reality such as "destroying matter".
    Well in any series, normally, there is a limit or just general system that define's one's powers.

1. In bleach its bankai/hollow/quincy rules/techniques.
    2. In one piece its the fruit.
    3. In Hunter X Hunter its well....specialization into type.(kind of complicated).
    4. In naruto it's chakra, which pretty much lets anyone do anything.

Anyway, point is that Naruto really irritates me because its at the point where anyone can pull some ridiculous power out of their ass and that wasn't how the show used to be.

Edit: Oh fucking well, its not like the story was worth the attention anyway, naruto's lack of mechanics just annoys me is all.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-02-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I just want to see where sasuke ends up in the end ( he is still acting very weird and can still be evil since he wants to be hokage for personal reasons
    Vouchers

Quote Originally Posted by NnNnN View Post
    Gave me account.Awesome +1 vouch for this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Awesome trade, he went first and everything was settled perfectly! +1 VOUCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    got the account +1

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    :/ Yeah sorry, I shouldn't have referenced Marvel, I forget that's kind of abstract in relation.
    -Marvel suffers from re-do's and random/shitty superhero's out the ass. Although most people only know it for stuff like Spiderman or the Avenger's team, they have redone every series at least 2-3 times while still just shitting out superhero's and powers of any type. X-Men suffered this problem the most though.
    ^Again, this is comic stuff, sorry for the abstract.

DC is actually a lot more conservative with everything(powers, timeline, the occasional re-do), which I find kind of funny.
    Yeah, but it works WAY differently in comics. When something has been around for 3 quarters of a century, they have to have some reboots, otherwise the stories will remain old and archaic and just won't make sense. Plus they would also probably have to kill off a lot of people's favorite characters (a lot more often I mean, because they still do), due to lack of ideas for each character. Even OP and Naruto, some of the longest running mangas out there, have only been around for like 13 years or so. That's nowhere near how long most of these comic books have been running for.

I love comics, more than I like manga/anime, so you don't need to apologize for referencing them. It's just that the comparison isn't the same. :S

And I like DC more as well. I don't get why you find them being more "conservative" kind of funny. Is it because they've been around longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    I just want to see where sasuke ends up in the end ( he is still acting very weird and can still be evil since he wants to be hokage for personal reasons
    Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I was browsing /r/Naruto and someone posted an interesting theory. What if Naruto revives Uzushiogakure (the village the Uzumaki clan is from) while Sasuke becomes Hokage of Konoha. Interesting thought to say the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12