Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Religion, homosexual marriage and adoption

You probably all know that marriage only exists mainly because of religion. Most religions are against homossexuality and their marriage. I think that allowing homossexuals to marry each other is an insult to the real values of marriage and establishing a family. I'm a bit sceptical on homossexual adoption as I believe a child needs both a feminine and a masculine personality to raise the child. Homossexuals try to recreate that enviroment but it wll never be the same as a real couple. The most common argument that defenders of homossexual adoption use is that kids are better off with a homossexual couple that treats them well than with a straight couple that abuses them in various ways. That is true. But there is always a heterossexual family capable of adopting them. It is best for the child to be with a couple that is the closest to what the child would have if it hadn't been adopted. Imagine yourself losing your parents (female and a male) and then being adopted by a homossexual couple? How would you feel? These are the main resons I think homossexuals shouldn't marry each other and straight couples should have priority in adopting kids.

Since this is a religious forum, I hope I don't get any atheists flaming about my post. FYI: atheism is not a religion. I'm ok if there is any homossexual in the forum that wants to have a civilized debate about this topic. I am not very open minded but I never disrespect anyone in my posts (at least not intentionally).
    Last edited by FatAssHacker123; 07-07-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    I think gay must do what they want, they are free like us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBoy95 View Post
    I think gay must do what they want, they are free like us
    I know they are free, but I just think that their marriage is a bit too much, it makes marriage lose it's religious meaning. People nowadays don't really care about marriage. They marry and divorce like someone changes his underware. Marriage should be something taken seriously, not something like a more serious dating. The adopting just seems awkward to me. Not that I don't want them to adopt, it just makes me confused to call Dad to two guys or Mom to two girls. Or mom to the girly one and Dad to the manly one, that is even stranger.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAssHacker123 View Post

I know they are free, but I just think that their marriage is a bit too much, it makes marriage lose it's religious meaning. People nowadays don't really care about marriage. They marry and divorce like someone changes his underware. Marriage should be something taken seriously, not something like a more serious dating. The adopting just seems awkward to me. Not that I don't want them to adopt, it just makes me confused to call Dad to two guys or Mom to two girls. Or mom to the girly one and Dad to the manly one, that is even stranger.
    but maybe they don't believe in god, so they can marry legaly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBoy95 View Post
    but maybe they don't believe in god, so they can marry legaly.
    That's my point, marriage should be something religious and done with respect, I don't think there would be marriage without religion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

That's my point, marriage should be something religious and done with respect, I don't think there would be marriage without religion.
    marriage without religion is cal Legal marry, without it you and your girlfriend are nothing for the law

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The issue lies within the benefits of becoming legally married, and the drawbacks of not. Ie, Insurance, Banking, Wills, Government etc. You make the argument that marriage is a religious doctrine, yet never specify which religion or belief system founded the idea. The reason behind that is that, strictly on face value, it isn't a religious ceremony. For thousands of years, even preceding recorded history, humans have been joining together in symbolic ceremonies, regardless of belief in a deity. Marriage is simply a social union between two willing parties, who wish to spend their life together, and reap the benefits of said union. Your beliefs should not dictate how others live their lives, end of story.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Lives vs. Thoughts
    Kinda obvious which one would win
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Gay marriage vs religion?

Well lets see, can atheist get married? Yes.
    Can people of different religions get married? Yes.
    Can people who don't even love each other get married? Yes.
    -----------------

Just because a religious community is against gay marriage doesn't mean shit.

Keep it to yourself kid. No one wants to listen to you hate on random people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    The issue lies within the benefits of becoming legally married, and the drawbacks of not. Ie, Insurance, Banking, Wills, Government etc. You make the argument that marriage is a religious doctrine, yet never specify which religion or belief system founded the idea. The reason behind that is that, strictly on face value, it isn't a religious ceremony. For thousands of years, even preceding recorded history, humans have been joining together in symbolic ceremonies, regardless of belief in a deity. Marriage is simply a social union between two willing parties, who wish to spend their life together, and reap the benefits of said union. Your beliefs should not dictate how others live their lives, end of story.
    At least you made a decent comment, the main problem is that I'm actually like homophobic or something I don't like them very much but I don't insult them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

At least you made a decent comment, the main problem is that I'm actually like homophobic or something I don't like them very much but I don't insult them
    My single inquiry is: Why do you care?
    It doesn't affect you in the slightest, so why should it even be of concern.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You probably all know that marriage only exists mainly because of religion. Most religions are against homossexuality and their marriage. I think that allowing homossexuals to marry each other is an insult to the real values of marriage and establishing a family. I'm a bit sceptical on homossexual adoption as I believe a child needs both a feminine and a masculine personality to raise the child. Homossexuals try to recreate that enviroment but it wll never be the same as a real couple. The most common argument that defenders of homossexual adoption use is that kids are better off with a homossexual couple that treats them well than with a straight couple that abuses them in various ways. That is true. But there is always a heterossexual family capable of adopting them. It is best for the child to be with a couple that is the closest to what the child would have if it hadn't been adopted. Imagine yourself losing your parents (female and a male) and then being adopted by a homossexual couple? How would you feel? These are the main resons I think homossexuals shouldn't marry each other and straight couples should have priority in adopting kids.

Since this is a religious forum, I hope I don't get any atheists flaming about my post. FYI: atheism is not a religion. I'm ok if there is any homossexual in the forum that wants to have a civilized debate about this topic. I am not very open minded but I never disrespect anyone in my posts (at least not intentionally).
    I know they are free, but I just think that their marriage is a bit too much, it makes marriage lose it's religious meaning

The problem is, marriage isn't an abstract concept binding two individuals together anymore. It has a political definition and political reprecussions. It isn't a concept borrowed from your religion and infact the relation between the religious definition of marriage and the political definition of marriage is irrelevent.

For example, tons of atheists celebrate christmass. It is apart of our culture, but we don't associate it with religion.

If you honestly think the religious definition of marriage (or _any_ topic for that matter) should participate in the political definition of marriage then you have a very dangerous belief that religion should explicitly take part on political discussion. Do I need to begin how incredibly terrible this would be?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

My single inquiry is: Why do you care?
    It doesn't affect you in the slightest, so why should it even be of concern.
    I don't really know lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

I don't really know lol
    My guess is that you follow this path because of your religion, and you follow your religion because of your parents.

I won't try and convert you etc, but here is a simple argument:
    If you were raised in a non-religious family, would you have followed the same path?

You would've been damned to hell, and so is every other "ignorant fool" who doesn't see the light of "true morality."

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post

The problem is, marriage isn't an abstract concept binding two individuals together anymore. It has a political definition and political reprecussions. It isn't a concept borrowed from your religion and infact the relation between the religious definition of marriage and the political definition of marriage is irrelevent.

For example, tons of atheists celebrate christmass. It is apart of our culture, but we don't associate it with religion.

If you honestly think the religious definition of marriage (or _any_ topic for that matter) should participate in the political definition of marriage then you have a very dangerous belief that religion should explicitly take part on political discussion. Do I need to begin how incredibly terrible this would be?
    Religion takes part in political issues. For example in France, try banned the use of burkas (cloth around girls head) in public schools. This generated a lot of polemic and a lot of Muslims indignated with that new law. If religion had power in the government that would be bad, I just have to look to 1700's in my country.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast