Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Question If garry replaces GAC (garrys bans) with VAC will we all be VAC banned?

So if garry replaces VAC with GAC, will we be VAC banned or given another chance? Because GAC doesnt work the same as VAC and garry couldnt prove to valve that we hacked right? And if we do get VAC banned does that mean no more source games? Sorry this is a very confusing post.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    If you get VACbanned from a game you're vacbanned from only that game. And Garry can't get people who got globalbanned vacbanned, he doesn't have the rights to do that. It's Valve's anticheat, not garry's.

Thanks
    Stop hacking, no problem, no questions, no confusion.

Garrys Mod uses VAC already, so if you'd use a .dll injection hack or w/e I believe you'll still get banned.

If you are a cheater, which I believe you are because of this post, I just hope that you get VAC banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by boshadow View Post
    Stop hacking, no problem, no questions, no confusion.

Garrys Mod uses VAC already, so if you'd use a .dll injection hack or w/e I believe you'll still get banned.

If you are a cheater, which I believe you are because of this post, I just hope that you get VAC banned.
    why are you even on this section on the website then? your information is incorrect as well, .dll injection will not get you banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrius View Post
    why are you even on this section on the website then? your information is incorrect as well, .dll injection will not get you banned
    Your information is incorrect - a dll injection might bet you banned.

It will be funny to see everyone's reaction when garry decides to go down the VAC route to avoid all of this drama. You would accept the ban and also be fucked over a lot more than his method of banning. If people start injecting (public) modules then I think there is a good chance he will VAC things up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProGamerTR View Post
    If you get VACbanned from a game you're vacbanned from only that game. And Garry can't get people who got globalbanned vacbanned, he doesn't have the rights to do that. It's Valve's anticheat, not garry's.
    You're not VAC banned only in that game, it depends on the game. If you were VAC banned from GMod, you'd still be able to play CS:S and other Source games. If you get VAC'd on CS:S, you can still play GMod, but not other Source games.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJon View Post

It will be funny to see everyone's reaction when garry decides to go down the VAC route to avoid all of this drama. You would accept the ban and also be fucked over a lot more than his method of banning. If people start injecting (public) modules then I think there is a good chance he will VAC things up.
    WHEN he decides to go down the VAC route?

You clearly don't know why VAC was never fully implemented into GMod.

In any case, Garry will not "VAC things up" since he seems perfectly content with his current method of detection and banning. Besides, I'd rather be VAC banned - where I can still play on servers with VAC disabled - than Garry banned.

Thanks
    Bitches just use lua

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesJon View Post

GMOD vac bans are /only/ for GMOD, so you would be better off getting vac banned than gmod banned as you could still play on unsecure server. L4D2 is on it's own ban engine, css tf2 l4d1 dods and sourcemods are on one, and csgo is on one. nobody cares about the rest of the games

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wuat View Post
    GMOD vac bans are /only/ for GMOD, so you would be better off getting vac banned than gmod banned as you could still play on unsecure server. L4D2 is on it's own ban engine, css tf2 l4d1 dods and sourcemods are on one, and csgo is on one. nobody cares about the rest of the games
    Touché, the thing I would hate about a VAC ban though is the account becomes somewhat tainted and if you have $100+ dollars spent on the account then its something that will annoy you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wuat View Post
    VAC is not functional in garry's mod, despite what newman says.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FREECARL View Post
    VAC is not functional in garry's mod, despite what newman says.
    Yeah, i just meant if he ever made it function, being vac banned from gmod is sort of preferable from being GAC banned from it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xHirox View Post
    Bitches just use lua
    you get banned for bypassing lua, thats the whole reason why everybody got global banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dralf View Post
    you get banned for bypassing lua, thats the whole reason why everybody got global banned
    Did I say bypass lua?
    NO.
    JUST USE PURE LUA.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xHirox View Post
    Did I say bypass lua?
    NO.
    JUST USE PURE LUA.

you can't use lua on a server that has allowcslua set to 0 unless you use a bypass

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dralf View Post
    you can't use lua on a server that has allowcslua set to 0 unless you use a bypass
    Did I ever say I was going to use it on a server that has it blocked?
    Stop assuming things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast