Thanks

Proper attachment download handling by Staff Members.

This is a big issue for me, It seems the staff members do not take the time to figure out what needs to be done with a thread.

When a new update is made, My old attachment should be deleted (one with the most downloads) then the new one should be placed ontop instead.. Also staff members should CHECK the file as well as scan it to make sure it's legit and works. Recently a staff member updated my thread with a broken file, and one of the people who used it told me It wasn't working and I had to reupdate the thread but the attachment hasn't been updated yet.

Also, when you have files that contain .SWFs or any other type all files should be scanned and checked, not just the single executable file.

Also labeling, attachments in thread instead of having them in their own box would be nice too, since we can't have off site download links.

my thread is over in the DF sections, I don't want to make a new thread with the exact same shit jsut to organize my attachments better along with the source to the program. I'm working on many different things so the features I want to implement for the next 'release'/thread will take some time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownartist0 View Post
    This is a big issue for me, It seems the staff members do not take the time to figure out what needs to be done with a thread.

When a new update is made, My old attachment should be deleted (one with the most downloads) then the new one should be placed ontop instead.. Also staff members should CHECK the file as well as scan it to make sure it's legit and works. Recently a staff member updated my thread with a broken file, and one of the people who used it told me It wasn't working and I had to reupdate the thread but the attachment hasn't been updated yet.

Also, when you have files that contain .SWFs or any other type all files should be scanned and checked, not just the single executable file.

Also labeling, attachments in thread instead of having them in their own box would be nice too, since we can't have off site download links.

my thread is over in the DF sections, I don't want to make a new thread with the exact same shit jsut to organize my attachments better along with the source to the program. I'm working on many different things so the features I want to implement for the next 'release'/thread will take some time.
    - Approved attachments cannot be deleted by anyone except the HA.
    - Not all staff members that approve your hack play the game and test it. We only give check if it's clean and approve it. Other files are checked if they are clean. If there is a minion in the section then they usually will test and make sure it does work. Currently there are no minions in the Battleon section (not sure if there will even be one.)
    - This is why I told you (yesterday?) that you should make your own thread. I should have mentioned that I cannot delete attachments that are already approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post

- Approved attachments cannot be deleted by anyone except the HA.
    - Not all staff members that approve your hack play the game and test it. We only give check if it's clean and approve it. Other files are checked if they are clean. If there is a minion in the section then they usually will test and make sure it does work. Currently there are no minions in the Battleon section (not sure if there will even be one.)
    - This is why I told you (yesterday?) that you should make your own thread. I should have mentioned that I cannot delete attachments that are already approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It's fine Your a really nice HQ staff member anyways.

It's just going to be a little while until I can get enough shit together to feel the need to make a new thread/release.