Thanks

SUPER loud computer

This custom built computer is only 2 months old, and right now it's extremely loud that you have no idea how annoying it is. -.-
    The temperature of it right now is really low, (according to speedfan, that is) and yet it's still so loud. However when I turn the air conditioning on, the thing where the air comes out of is right next to my computer, and when I turn it to cool it becomes almost silent but the temperature is close to the same. How do I fix this? I can't even watch my Television downstairs without hearing it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Taco View Post
    This custom built computer is only 2 months old, and right now it's extremely loud that you have no idea how annoying it is. -.-
    The temperature of it right now is really low, (according to speedfan, that is) and yet it's still so loud. However when I turn the air conditioning on, the thing where the air comes out of is right next to my computer, and when I turn it to cool it becomes almost silent but the temperature is close to the same. How do I fix this? I can't even watch my Television downstairs without hearing it.
    Did you mess with your hard drive? It could be that.

Thanks
    I didn't touch anything, my dad helped build it. The only same thing that we kept from my old computer was the hard drive and the case. It's rather old and only holds 200 gigs. However, my dad has a 1 Terabyte hard drive that he bought from Goodwill for $1. It still works but the computer said something about it not being stable.
    Last edited by Emo_Taco; 07-31-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I didn't touch anything, my dad helped build it. The only same thing that we kept from my old computer was the hard drive and the case. It's rather old and only holds 200 gigs. However, my dad has a 1 Terabyte hard drive that he bought from Goodwill for $1. It still works but the computer said something about it not being stable.
    Alright, first issue: You bought a $1 HD from Goodwill. Second issue: Without specifying what kind of noise it is, it will be hard for us to find out anything. Could be coil whine, just a noisy hard drive, your PSU, GPU fan, etc..

"The purpose of a business is to create a customer." - Peter Drucker

Sooper Amazing PC Specs:
    GPU(S): 2x Signature 2 Superclocked GTX 680's
    CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz
    PSU: Corsair Platinum AX1200W
    MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    CASE: NZXT Phantom
    STORAGE: 1x 256 GB Intel SSD/1x 2TB Western Digital HDD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oenigmaa View Post
    Alright, first issue: You bought a $1 HD from Goodwill. Second issue: Without specifying what kind of noise it is, it will be hard for us to find out anything. Could be coil whine, just a noisy hard drive, your PSU, GPU fan, etc..
    The noise sounds like a loud fan. And I'm not using the 1 Terabye hard drive, I'm using the 200 gig one.
    Last edited by Emo_Taco; 07-31-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    The noise sounds like a loud fan. And I'm not using the 1 Terabye hard drive, I'm using the 200 gig one.
    Go on google, buy a torque screwdriver and find the factory setting torque of the hard drive because its not screwed with the correct pressure and thats whats causing the sound.