Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Question Computer will not boot with display

Detailed Version

Ok, So I have a custom build Desktop (Specs will be below). It has been working alright for about 3/4ths of a year now, with the only problem being that every now and again it blue screens with this error
    Code:
    irql_not_less_or_equal
    To my knowledge that has not damaged the computer. A couple of days ago I did a clean install of windows 7 and it worked fine until today.

I tried booting my computer. The power on light and even the access HDD light turned on the console but the screen remained black. I then proceeded to try every video output on the graphics card (HDMI,DVI,VGA) with out anything happening. I then tried every output for the integrated graphics card, and still nothing. Making sure it wasnt the screen I hooked up another computer to it and it displayed perfectly fine. I would try a clean install but I cant even see the loading screens to do that. I literally have no idea what to do about this problem. Anything will help tremendously.

TL;DR Version

Computer boots, never displays an image, monitor works fine with other computers, I have no idea what to do.

Specs

• AMD A8-3870K Unlocked
    • CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
    • ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75
    • Western Digital WD Green WD20EARX 2TB
    • SilverStone Sugo Series SG05B-USB3.0 Black SECC / Plastic Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case SFX 300W
    • ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5
    • COOLER MASTER GeminII M4 RR-GMM4-16PK-R2 120mm Slim Fan

Thanks
    Have you tried removing the GPU and then using the inegrated graphics?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    if you have tested it without the gpu and nothing check your ram or the ram slot
    Last edited by TOYO250; 08-09-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Ok I will give it a try and see What happens, give me the night to try it out and I will check back in tomorrow

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Try unplugging all usb devices except your mouse and keyboard.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Ok, the first blue screen problem (irq1_less_or_equal) was most likely due to a corrupt OS, I had the same problem with a new build and a fresh install fixed it. So that most likely isn't related to your current issue.

Now if you can't even see any POST screens (or POST beep which is a single short beep) then I'm thinking you should test it with another RAM stick. Not to mention it's far easier to just replace a single stick of RAM to test than to go buy a new GFX card that won't work seeing as though integrated GFX hasn't worked either.

If that fails then you needs to check the following in order; the PSU, motherboard, CPU.

The PSU may no longer be providing enough power to your components, especially if all the leds are on and fans are running. This might be a bit trickier with a mini-ITX build as you can just chuck another PSU in. You could try to RMA the PSU but that will take time, and if it's not faulty they will send it back and time would've been wasted. You could try assembling the build on your motherboard box (if you still have it) then try to power it on with a standard PSU. Other than that you can use a digital multimeter but I'm not sure of how to go about using one on a mini PSU.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST