Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

When Auto Nexus Isn't Good Enough!

I have been thinking that instead if you were to code a client to disallow your character from going below like 5 hp, wouldn't it be really helpful?
    Imagine this, You are doing O2, you run up to take a stun and you get blown in the face by his shotgun, normally you would die instantly but if you were to disallow going below 5 hp or essentially disable death you would just be kicked?
    Please help if this is possible please get coding otherwise tell me what is wrong with this idea and how it can be improved

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    That wouldn't help because the server tells you how much hp you have. Your client is like... stomping on Oryx's face. I got 200hp BITCH! *You eat a big ball of white...* 283 damage? I'm good. My health bar still says 200hp so I'm going to mother fucking stomp on your face again! . Meanwhile the server does some calculations... "Oh -83 health? This is one dead mother fucker." Then proceeds to kill you. As a gift it sends you a death packet. Even if you leave that gift on the doorstep, that silver cord of yours has been cut.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

ILikeToDLThings (08-20-2013),liaojh1998 (08-21-2013),MasterFart (08-20-2013),UGCfour (08-23-2013),mSteaker (08-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I has never coded before, sorry for asking, I was just wondering if instead of killing you it would just think you were lagging and kick you...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I guess I didn't explain well enough in my previous post. As hp calculations are done by the server. Every time your health bar drops it is because the server calculated a drop and sent an update to your client so you can see the changes. This would be possible with the client if it calculated the damage first before the server could and proceeded to disconnect or whatever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    So, implying that stopping your health at 5hp would buy you some time, you could make you client nexus you or kick itself (somehow) allowing you to live before the server killed you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I think someone else needs to explain it to you. I don't know how to make it any simpler to understand. I will say one last thing, when the server calculates your health to be below 0 then you are done for no matter what.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    That's why it's called a shotgun. Your character/s will die at one point, whether you use a client or not, because it is a necessity in this game. Deal with it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by silentWizz02 View Post
    That's why it's called a shotgun. Your character/s will die at one point, whether you use a client or not, because it is a necessity in this game. Deal with it.
    Not really. All one has to do is add the hp calculations to the client itself and base the autonexus off that (my Avoid death mod does this). I never really bothered to perfect it so I die every once in a while but I do think it is possible to avoid death entirely. Don't be confused with my comments above, I was talking about autonexus without adding the client side hp calculations.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    That wouldn't help because the server tells you how much hp you have. Your client is like... stomping on Oryx's face. I got 200hp BITCH! *You eat a big ball of white...* 283 damage? I'm good. My health bar still says 200hp so I'm going to mother fucking stomp on your face again! . Meanwhile the server does some calculations... "Oh -83 health? This is one dead mother fucker." Then proceeds to kill you. As a gift it sends you a death packet. Even if you leave that gift on the doorstep, that silver cord of yours has been cut.

That... was beautiful.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    @nilly

By hp calculations, do you mean calculating which projectiles will collide with your hitbox in the next few game ticks and calculating if that'll result in a lethal hit?

Edit: it *might* be possible to do what you're saying. I obviously have no idea how the server is coded, but if you added in artificial latency to every single one of the packets you send, the server might allow for a larger margin of error (while in reality you, for example with a proxy, send off every single packet you get to the client so you wouldn't experience the lag.) I don't know if any of you have experienced something like this, but my browser froze up completely for a good 5 seconds, I took a ton of hits but remained alive in the god lands. This might have to do with the fact that the websocket was frozen as well, so even on the serverside the packet sending was temporarily halted. However, this would mean that you couldn't do anything via proxy. You would just have to lag / disconnect and hope it's to your advantage somehow.
    Last edited by marinepower; 08-20-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by marinepower View Post
    @nilly

By hp calculations, do you mean calculating which projectiles will collide with your hitbox in the next few game ticks and calculating if that'll result in a lethal hit?
    Nothing that complex. All I did was have the client subtract the damage displayed on the screen (red damage numbers, which is client side) from my health before sending the playerhit packet. If my health dipped below 0, it would send out the escape packet immediately. Problems that need to be dealt with is the hp updates which might not be reflective of what your hp is actually if you been getting hit and the possibility that the damage displayed on your screen is out of sync with the damage the server is calculating. Also timing is very important, it seems the window to do this is quite small. It works quite well when playing the game with only a client but when I use a proxy, the added time delay increases the chance of death.
    Last edited by nilly; 08-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks
    and what type of code or program did u use to code that? A swf or proxy?
    @nilly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 75dragon View Post
    and what type of code or program did u use to code that? A swf or proxy?
    @nilly
    If you fucking read her post, you should fucking know

Thanks
    seems like a swf client saying that the proxy makes the death % higher. Just wanted to make sure D:
    Last edited by 75dragon; 08-21-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I have it built in the client. The proxy increase the time packets take to reach the server (due to processing them). That is why the death % is higher with proxy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast