Thanks

Equipment, skills, and crashing (use skills w/o points, or equiptment) Thinktank

Dunno if any1 cares, but I realized people were saying "game crashes if you use equipment you don't have"

using these codes produces the following results:

Code:
    function PlayerManager:has_category_upgrade( category, upgrade) return true end

if not _has_category_upgrade then _has_category_upgrade = PlayerManager.has_category_upgrade end 
    function PlayerManager:has_category_upgrade( category, upgrade) 
       if category == "player" and upgrade =="convert_enemies" then
          return true
       else 
          return _has_category_upgrade(self, category, upgrade) 
       end 
    end

if not _rmSpecial then
       _rmSpecial = PlayerManager.remove_special
    end
    function PlayerManager:remove_special( name ) end

-- AND

BaseInteractionExt._has_required_upgrade = function(self) return true end

BaseInteractionExt._has_required_deployable = function(self) return true end

BaseInteractionExt.can_interact = function(self, player) return true end
    With just THOSE codes above, I can have "trip mines" equipped (actual skill) and use them as C4 without the 8 points into tier 5 to get legit shape charges (can even just have the 3 trips). This will also let me place ECM's (however - and this works vice versa w/ or w/o actually having the skills or equipment).

Using ECM's (even though I have legitly enabled them in the Ghost tree but not equipped on character) with Only the above codes - CAUSES CRASHING. Because if you try to place an unequipped Interaction skill (ECM/C4) to open something without Infinite of it, it crashes the game (c4 equipped, place ECM on door = crash, ECM equipped place C4 on safe = crash)

But with these codes:
    Code:
    -- INF equipment Host/non-host below
    PlayerManager.remove_equipment = function(self, equipment_id) end

function PlayerManager:remove_equipment_possession( peer_id, equipment ) end
    I can place any equipment (interaction based, like blowing doors, placing ECM's on ATM's doors) without crashing. Thus saving legit skillpoints for elsewhere and still being able to use C4/ECM's on interactions.

However having infinite equipment is sometimes noticed by Smart hosts (blowing a 3 charge door, then another door, and still having 6 - some people notice, some don't) But if you have say C4 equipped you can ECM a door and another player could simply think (one of the 3 other guys opened this - if they don't inspect the teams gear) but so long as your not placing it right in front of them they won't suppose you did it.

Sadly I was in a game and was asked by host to Place trip mines, (just because) but I had infinite on, so placing Any would've given me away - Tried to unload the script, didn't work, aborted instantly when I realized a possible trap

So to save skillpoints in other tree's (at least JUST for c4 to unlock doors, or ECM to unlock doors - without going high in GHOST or Tech tree) you can use the FIRST GROUP of scripts. But to place all class equipment at any time you need to use top and bottom groups of scripts.

Is there a way to set Unequipped equipment to infinite? or specific equipment to infinite, to get the best results while not blowing your cover ingame?

If anyones like "Well just use scripts to get the desired results from skills you want (recoil, dmg, spread, HP/armor, stam, move speed blah blah)

Yes that's good and well, but some perks like Armor regen rate (TECH), Armor piercing (GHST), Run and Shoot (ENF), Run and Reload (MM), Shout revives (MM) --- These aren't boostable/enabled with scripts (public?) yet. So using legit skillpoints is the only way to hit each of these atm.

reducing 8, or a ton (in tech) just to have C4 useable w/o shitload of points in it since most of Tech's buffs we can get w/ scripts any way, 2x armor, 2x health (or 20x idgaf lol), no recoil, mobility, no spread) can all be enabled w/ scripts.

So getting Those unscripted buffs from other tiers using your unused points becomes easier.

I think a simple dump of update 10's LUA would give us the codes to enable all the "unscripted" buffs I mentioned above, but I haven't spent 2 hours figuring it out myself, and all the LUA packs online are from august 20th game update (outdated and missing new code)

Does anyone have any ideas for equipment codes (without update 10 scripts) to use all equipment at once without blatantly scripting?
    Last edited by Rampant_uterus; 09-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    @Rampant_uterus
    Nobody Will Code All Skills Into Scripts That Freaking Useless.
    Just Spawn Skillpoints To Get All The Trees...

Thanks
    if anythings gonna get detected, thats it. Can we have INF equipment but it shows it going to 0 and disappearing or w/e the icon does? man ARMOR PIERCING is like a Big FU to all them tan/green annoyances.