Thanks

Recompiling an altered mod: ZansMinimap for 1.6.4

I have worked all day on this and have hit the limits of my limited JAVA experience. Using jdGUI I have decompiled Zans Minimap (aka VoxelMap) and used Eclipse to remove the section of code that checks the server motd for a disable string. Recompiling is where I run into problems. I have approached it many ways including but not limited to:
    1. simple javac compiling - results in errors with the import section
    2. decompiling a forge-modified version of minecraft and placing the minimap mod into it - results in 100's of errors upon build attempt.
    3. including the forge-modified jar (still compiled) as a Reference Library - errors in the import section reading "The import ___ cannot be resolved" for most of the 3-letter minecraft class files.
    4. A desperate attempt at using notepad to edit the class file directly and modified just one digit of the disable code to something else. - game crash

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been coding for years in different languages, I just don't know JAVA that well yet. =\

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    You don't even have to recompile. I used hex-edited Rei's minimap to avoid the "enable raidar" variable to be set to false.

Thanks
    It's been forever since I've used a hex editor! I can't believe I didn't think of it! Guess my head was stuck in code too much for this simple fix! It worked beautifully! Thank you!

For those who wish to follow my footsteps:
    1. rename the zans minimap jar to zip and extract it's contents. In the com\thevoxelbox\voxelmap folder you will find VoxelMap.class.
    2. Open this with your hex editor and search for this string: §3 §6 §3 §6 §3 §6 §e
    3. change one/some of the DIGITS to a different digit. My new string is §3 §3 §3 §3 §3 §3 §e but you can change it as you like.
    4. zip everything back up and rename it back to a jar.
    5. Test run on your favorite server and don't tell your friends!

The subroutine that looks at the motd for this string is called checkPermissionMessages. My original plan was to just blank out the whole routine (deleting the routine was not viable since it's called by other routines). But that required recompiling the mod.