Thread: Jobs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Jobs

HDRip has been up for a couple weeks, so I'll assume some of you have seen it. If you haven't I definitely recommend this movie.
    What was your thoughts?
    I think it was really good except for a few aspects of the portrayed Steve Jobs that were kind of dramatized.

Thanks
    thumbs down a very fake depiction of jobs
    real story of jobs- steve thinks of an idea (but music on device) then scientist and smart people make it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It was sub-par in my opinion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    thumbs down a very fake depiction of jobs
    real story of jobs- steve thinks of an idea (but music on device) then scientist and smart people make it.
    Scientist and smart people? lol. This is based off on HOW he started out (somewhat) not when he thought of the iPad 2G or 3G etc. This of course would lead to the company AND then smart people begin to roll in. Yes, I've seen the movie the first day it got published on NR(N00BR00M).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I thought the movie was alright He was different in person, ofc.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Meh, I'd give it a 6/10. The performances are decent, but the film was, in the end, only a superficial biopic. :/

What’s frustrating about this approach is that so much of Jobs’ life story—not to mention the story of the literally world-changing devices he helped to invent—reallywas fascinating. His adoption by the Jobs family after being given up as an infant by his single mother (though his parents later remarried), and his later discovery of his sister, the novelist Mona Simpson. His maladjustment to ordinary life, whether at Reed, where he dropped out and audited classes for free after six months, or at Atari, where he got his first job designing games and immediately gained a reputation as an anti-social, unshowered smartass. His return to Apple as CEO after having been forced to step down in a humiliating corporate ouster. Jobs touches at least briefly on most of these developments (though not all—perhaps for legal reasons, the fate of Steve’s birth parents and the existence of his long-lost sister are never mentioned). But the scene it returns to almost fetishistically is the one in which Jobs dazzles an adoring crowd (or sometimes just a few clustered acolytes) with the Zen-like simplicity of his vision.

The dramatic core of Jobs—and one of the few real relationships in what’s too often a one-man show of a movie—is the long working partnership between Jobs and Steve Wozniak, the engineer who almost singlehandedly built the motherboard for the original Apple prototype. As played (quite wonderfully) by Josh Gad, Woz is a squat, cherubic tech geek with a passionate love for his work, an unworldly type who would never suspect a friend of dissembling (as Jobs does) what a project pays in order to keep the lion’s share of the cash. The movie’s most entertaining stretch takes place in the late ’70s, when the young, scruffy Jobs and Woz set up an operation too small to be called a startup out of Jobs’ father’s garage. Helped by some neighborhood gearheads, they make a local computer-parts dealer a barely realizable promise to have a full shipment of hand-built computers ready in 60 days. In the car on the way to yet another fruitless meeting with a venture capitalist, Woz and Jobs debate what to call their emerging company. Steve mocks Woz’s suggestion, “Enterprise Computers,” for its Trekkie-ness, but Steve’s first idea, “Apple,” is (true to this movie’s worshipful spirit) immediately hailed for its freshness and brilliance.
    Last edited by Euphemistic; 10-16-2013 at 07:37 PM.