On the internet. The internet does exist in space, therefore I have no location.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Question Simpler Enchanting?

Everyone know how annoying it can be to enchant items in Minecraft. The fact that all you see prior to enchanting the item is meaningless nonsense is very obnoxious and turns enchanting into a bunch of guesswork. My question is, is there a mod out there so that you actually KNOW the enchantment before applying it? Meaning that the usual nonsense would come up as the actual enchantments you'll get? I think there must be, but I've scoured the internet and not come across it. Either I'm horrible at searching, or its just very difficult to find, but I'm confident that somebody here could point me toward that mod.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    The "meaningless nonsense" you see is actually the language from the Elder Scrolls.

You can translate them however they will have no meaning towards your enchantment. The only way you could actually make predictable enchantments would be to completely alter the code to make a different enchanting system.

Threadstarter
    On the internet. The internet does exist in space, therefore I have no location.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    ....well yes. I know about the translation thing, I was referring to the random words in English when I said "meaningless nonsense." Your post didn't directly answer my question; does something like this already exist, or doesn't it? If so, where would I find it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Qzax View Post
    ....well yes. I know about the translation thing, I was referring to the random words in English when I said "meaningless nonsense." Your post didn't directly answer my question; does something like this already exist, or doesn't it? If so, where would I find it.
    There is probably something that exists, but I'm saying those English words mean NOTHING towards the outcome of the enchant.

Threadstarter
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I realize this. I fully understand that they have no meaning toward the enchant. But it seems to me that the random words do indeed each correspond to a single enchantment. In this case, it seems simple enough to figure out which random words correspond to which enchantments, and alter the code so that it displays the actual enchantment instead. Actually, I have seen something like this, but it requires the mod to be installed both client-side and server-side. What I'm looking for is one that only requires the client to be installed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Just get SPC and use /enchant add ID 10
    Then you get your chosen enchantment on any item.

You can even enchant sticks and blocks.