Poll: Do you believe God exists? (Read First)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

"It can't be true because it's not what I believe."

:/

Think about it.

Edit: Or you could say "It's only true because I believe in it".

Either way, it makes no sense that people would dismiss other religions as false on the grounds that their religious text says they are.
    Christians God say to dismiss other religions because He is the one and only God. What part can't you understand? It's literally what God said. He even made 10 commandments, 10 rules, for the Israelites to follow. The Israelites were his "chosen people" at the time so only they were give the rules.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    Christians God say to dismiss other religions because He is the one and only God. What part can't you understand? It's literally what God said. He even made 10 commandments, 10 rules, for the Israelites to follow. The Israelites were his "chosen people" at the time so only they were give the rules.
    The part where the basis of your belief of the christian god does not align with your dismissal of other religions.

:/ You basically believe one scripture saying "don't believe this", while the other religions say the same thing. It would be like me to ask for "yes and no" and both people saying no. Why should you trust one over the other?

"It's true because I believe it."
    -Therefore, wouldn't another religion be just as true?
    --------------------------

A true Christian cannot do that. Counterfeits do it all the time. Once you are born through Christ you cannot be unborn.....
    So if you were a True believer and if Christianity isn't a sham, you will be resting in heaven when you die.

I may have marked I believe in God, but I have hard times believing in the Christian God. I also do not favor and of the atheist theorems because being created out of nothing seems unreal. Eg. Big Bang Theory. I consider my self more agnostic than anything.
    Ah, here comes the "true christian" argument, very similar to the
    No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -Which around here makes you look like an idiot.
    But different, as you are implying he wasn't a "true christian" in the sense that if he abandons christianity, he couldn't have been a "true christian".
    -Well now that I think about it, they are kind of the same thing, true scotsman/true christian in this context.

Either way implying someone wasn't a christian or such is just stupidity. Like, you (coldfrye) aren't a true christian either, true christians don't go agnostic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

The part where the basis of your belief of the christian god does not align with your dismissal of other religions.

:/ You basically believe one scripture saying "don't believe this", while the other religions say the same thing. It would be like me to ask for "yes and no" and both people saying no. Why should you trust one over the other?

"It's true because I believe it."
    -Therefore, wouldn't another religion be just as true?
    --------------------------

Ah, here comes the "true christian" argument, very similar to the
    No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -Which around here makes you look like an idiot.
    But different, as you are implying he wasn't a "true christian" in the sense that if he abandons christianity, he couldn't have been a "true christian".
    -Well now that I think about it, they are kind of the same thing, true scotsman/true christian in this context.

Either way implying someone wasn't a christian or such is just stupidity. Like, you (coldfrye) aren't a true christian either, true Christians don't go agnostic.
    1st Quote: That's pretty much how it is....But they are all different stories....

2nd Quote: I never said I was a true Christian. I also was trying to say that he may a turned his back on Christianity but it hasn't turned it's back on him. He will always be a Christian because one you are born Through Christ you can't go back. I said that earlier.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    1st Quote: That's pretty much how it is....But they are all different stories....

2nd Quote: I never said I was a true Christian. I also was trying to say that he may a turned his back on Christianity but it hasn't turned it's back on him. He will always be a Christian because one you are born Through Christ you can't go back. I said that earlier.
    1. With no more proof than the other. Meaning Hinduism is just as valid as Christianity. Dismissing it for the sake of "it can't be true if I don't believe it" is quite silly, don'tcha think?

2. You seem to not understand what a christian is...... If you believe in christianity, you are a christian. If you do not, you are not. There isn't anything else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

1. With no more proof than the other. Meaning Hinduism is just as valid as Christianity. Dismissing it for the sake of "it can't be true if I don't believe it" is quite silly, don'tcha think?

2. You seem to not understand what a christian is...... If you believe in christianity, you are a christian. If you do not, you are not. There isn't anything else.
    1. What I am saying is the Bible says to dismiss the other religions!

2. The Bible says that you can not go back! Even though you think you don't believe you still will be a believe according to the God and the Bible. As in there will always still be a spot for you since you believed at one point. Well when I say believed, I mean asked him to come into your heart and forgive you of all your sins.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    1. What I am saying is the Bible says to dismiss the other religions!

2. The Bible says that you can not go back! Even though you think you don't believe you still will be a believe according to the God and the Bible. As in there will always still be a spot for you since you believed at one point. Well when I say believed, I mean asked him to come into your heart and forgive you of all your sins.
    1. I'm pretty sure most every religion says that.

2. Pretty sure the bible doesn't say that. Feel free to post some verses, but I'm pretty sure the majority of Christians wouldn't argue that someone who left Christianity is no longer a Christian. Saying "there is still a spot for you" is fine, but thinking people are still christians or that they aren't "true christians" is just silly denial.
    -Its the equivalent of calling someone still a Muslim when they convert to Christianity. Wouldn't make much sense.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

1. I'm pretty sure most every religion says that.

2. Pretty sure the bible doesn't say that. Feel free to post some verses, but I'm pretty sure the majority of Christians wouldn't argue that someone who left Christianity is no longer a Christian. Saying "there is still a spot for you" is fine, but thinking people are still christians or that they aren't "true christians" is just silly denial.
    -Its the equivalent of calling someone still a Muslim when they convert to Christianity. Wouldn't make much sense.

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Once one is Biblically saved the Holy Ghost seals them and indwells them and they are sons/daughters of God forever after.

Scripture has examples of those who appeared to be saved, acted saved and may have even thought they were saved, but their turning away was due to the fact they were never saved to begin with. None lost their salvation because they had never been saved to begin with.

Better explanation of what I have been saying earlier!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I don't believe in God for 2 reasons.1st, science makes more sense when discussing the origins of life. They don't have exactly all the answers, but they have a good idea of how life started.2nd reason is because i can understand how people came up with the conclusion that there is a God. Mainly, because they can't accept the thought that there's no afterlife or that there might not be something looking over them and protecting them. In a nutshell, people live in fear about their mortality and need something to hold onto to believe that they just don't die.

Thanks
    Hebrews 6:4-6, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Once one is Biblically saved the Holy Ghost seals them and indwells them and they are sons/daughters of God forever after.

Scripture has examples of those who appeared to be saved, acted saved and may have even thought they were saved, but their turning away was due to the fact they were never saved to begin with. None lost their salvation because they had never been saved to begin with.

Neuroplasticity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nice try frien :^)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    That's a wonderful tale OP. Just like the Bible or any other piece of religious lit.

I don't believe, because I have no reason to.
    There isn't a single shred of evidence proving the existence of a creator.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    What are you talking about?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Hebrews 6:4-6 - It is impossible for those who have - Bible Gateway
    ^what you should have linked.^

Unfortunately this is just apologist bullshit, though.

You see if you don't believe in the bible, this wouldn't be true. The bible's "truth" is dependent upon belief and is not self-evident. Making any claims from it to someone who doesn't believe it, is futile.

Therefore if you are an atheist, this does not hold true, regardless if you were a "true christian" or not. Do you see the flaw in your logic? You are using the bible which the atheist would not believe in to claim what the atheist is.

It would be as if I claimed you a Scientologist because you met a condition in the "book of scientology" without you actually being a scientologist.
    -------------------

Sheesh, it's always odd for me that the religious always try to claim everyone, then disown them the second they make a mistake.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-29-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks
    What are you talking about?
    There's scientific proof that you're full of shit. If you believe in religion at one point of your life, your brain doesn't stay religious once you lose it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    There's scientific proof that you're full of shit. If you believe in religion at one point of your life, your brain doesn't stay religious once you lose it.
    You are a complete and utter retard......

We were talking about what scriptures say not what science says....

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
    *Modern Science
    That's all it is.
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast