Thanks

Question Skyrim DLC problem

I bought skyrim a long time ago with all the DLC's but the game was french, wich wasn't a big problem, I could understand the game. then I sold the game, I actually can't remember why. So I bought a new copy of the game in english, but the DLC's aren't working anymore. the game can only be played in english. The weird thing is that I still have my old saves, and they still have the items that were in the dlc's, such as renamed armor, vampire form and a house that I remember building. When I look in the DLC folder it says there are no DLC's installed.

So my question is: can I get the dlc to work again without having to buy them again or buying skyrim in french?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by loeis View Post
    I bought skyrim a long time ago with all the DLC's but the game was french, wich wasn't a big problem, I could understand the game. then I sold the game, I actually can't remember why. So I bought a new copy of the game in english, but the DLC's aren't working anymore. the game can only be played in english. The weird thing is that I still have my old saves, and they still have the items that were in the dlc's, such as renamed armor, vampire form and a house that I remember building. When I look in the DLC folder it says there are no DLC's installed.

So my question is: can I get the dlc to work again without having to buy them again or buying skyrim in french?
    Your french copy was probably from a different region to your english copy and the DLCs matched the French region. So that's why they probably are not working anymore.

You may have to re-buy the DLC or E-mail Bethseda with evidence of your purchase to try and get a free code to download the DLC again for your english copy.

Also, DLC is region locked!
    Last edited by Justin; 10-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

loeis (10-28-2013)

Thanks
    thats propably it, I bought the first game in france. The second in London. I remember installing the dlc's and seeing that there was french, german, brazilian, italian but no english. I think that the best thing to do is just to buy another french copy of skyrim.

thanks for your quick response.