Thanks

Diablo 3 - RoS and it's mistakes.

As you might have heard, the RoS (Reaper of Souls) expansion for Diablo 3 has it's closed beta now going.

After watching about 30 hours of gameplay, doing my research on the game, and lurking the ignorant posts on the D3 forums, I have my opinions on the beta so far. Figured you guys would like to jump in aswell. (At least the Diablo fans I hope.)

1. No AH. Meaning more people have to reach out to places like D2JSP and have more of a chance of getting ripped off or scammed by in game trading. The game revolved around the Auction House for it's entire lifespan. I think removing the AH was one of thew biggest mistakes the Diablo team has made yet. Now, with the so called end-game D3 is supposed to have, there's really not a lot of point in gold. I mean before, people would either farm for hours to get an insane item they could sell for 2 billion, and then eventually buy an upgrade. Or vice-versa, someone with not a lot of good gear would farm for hours to save up for that gear overhaul they needed. Now people will be hitting the massive loot wall sooner than ever before, and will eventually quit because it takes 3 months for a single upgrade.

2. Bind on Account items. I mean seriously, what the FUCK is this shit all about. I can't think of a single reason why BoA items would ever be a good idea in a trading game like Diablo. Now you can't pass on loot to friends or family who's playing the game. Also leading to even less trading in the game, turning D3 more into a clicking simulator than ever before.

3. There's literally no choices to your character. Blizzard basically assigns you skills, and makes the game easy for you. After watching streamers, they stuck with the same build just about the whole way up leveling. There's basically 90% of the skills that are totally shit, and 10% of them are usable. Just giving you less and less option in the game, and it's always been this way.

4. This is an oversimplified action game that teaches you how to click on monsters. Going back to my previous problem, this has always been how it is in D3. Little to no decision making. There's no build creativity, and there's no way to really make a build. With a small list of pre-set skills for you, there's nothing for you to decide. The game is simple, and it needs to change.

5. Finally, this game is just a cesspool of different games thrown together sloppily. It's a bunch of elements put together that just don't go well together. Overall, it's just poorly done as a whole.

Hopefully because it's still beta Blizzard will maybe open their eyes for once and realize some of their mistakes, as they seem to be pretty content with leaving their games a total clusterfuck and just making money off of it's launch. Which I'm sure is what will happen here too, but maybe they'll change just this once.

Anyways, you guys have any thoughts on the topic? @Doc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Path of Exile > D3 RoS
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

ThePixelJunk (11-22-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Path of Exile > D3 RoS
    Yeah, everyone already knows that.

Thanks
    D3 RoS > PoE

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder For This Useful Post:

Joshcarr2006 (11-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    They are adding a trade like thing. You put up gear you want to trade. idk it's kind of like the AH. I've just started playing D3 few days ago it's really fun game. Already up to inferno MP 10 farming. DH is really fun play.
    Last edited by Joshcarr2006; 11-22-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Most of what you're saying is based on your experience with Loot 1.0

Loot 2.0 isn't even being fully implemented in the closed beta yet. I think removing the AH is a step in the right direction. The AH is so fucked up right now it barely functions the way it's intended to. D2 trading was good via chat and on forums. Yes there was scamming but the economy was a LOT healthier than it is now. Self found builds are actually a shitload more viable now. Then we still have to see how the new Paragon and difficulty systems work, both of which can't be fully tested until release. Then you also have seasonal ladders in the works along with the endless dungeon that may be appearing. Still early days. The current beta is bare minimum and barely show RoS's full potential.

That being said I won't be playing it.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Deflorate. (11-22-2013)