Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Of course I am, a monotonically increasing clock starting at 0 is bound to hit 42; whether youre around to see it or not doesnt change that fact. This aint no zen koan. But lets turn it around, why not? What am I missing? Is packet.time unsigned? Does time not start at 0? Or are you stuck on the hitchhikers guide to the point that youd pick 42 over (what seems to me, given my current knowledge of the games internals) sound engineering? Just trying to understand your motivation here man.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Okay.. here we go [/sarcasm][/fun][/humor]
    I hope you are not offended by what I wrote. I absolutely didn't intend to. It was simply a joke.

The whole project was just an experiment without any planning. I'm not looking at it from a software engineering perspective. Also I just started hacking RotMG, so my knowledge about it was (maybe still is) quite low. That being said, following my "motivation" for some of the things I've done in the code.

Hard to follow sometimes
    I didn't mean to write the code for anybody to read. Not even myself. It was just an experiment and when I am further developing this project, I'm going to rewrite most of it anyway, including annotations and documentation for at least myself. It took me only a few minutes to write the script as it is now - you should see it as more of a sketch than a painting

MaxHP / MaxMana:
    Didn't know the obf0 for those two values at the time and I was too lazy to figure them out or look them up. It really is gross, btw!

Packets I'm using:
    They were randomly chosen. I took the first thing that came to my mind and that I knew the structure of without having to look into the code or the script_help of RR. I have never worked with the GOTO packet, for example. I just didn't know at the time it only has an id and a location.

Packet time:
    If you look at the times, you'll notice that you'd have to sit in a time machine to actually get a packet with time 42, but you are right. THEORATICALLY you could encounter that packet. If I were to engineer a software for a customer, I would catch exceptions and probably chose better values, like a negative one or 0 (don't know if they are signed or not - I don't care), but I am not.

Custom packets:
    Yeah creating custom packets would've been much more work than just using the existing ones. Also I want a non-modified version of RR to be able to work with my clients. Don't know how RR handles unknown packets. Havn't tested, yet. It's not one of my main priorities, but I have it in my mind and at some point I'll take a look at it.

Other uses than multiboxing:
    I bet most of them could be done clientless much faster, better and easier.

Working together:
    You seem like an intelligent person with at least decent programming skills. I appreciate your help, but it really isn't quantum physics. It's just such a small and easy project, I can't see how working on this together with someone could work. If you already have an understanding of how the client works internally, you can recreate what I did in a couple of hours - even with the "right" packets and times. Also you don't seem to have the same kind of humor - this is just a hobby and fun for me, so if I can't even use 42 in my code, without someone questioning the motivation behind it (hell.. even if it would crash I would keep it there!), working with you is a no-go for me. Again, this is not to offend you.. just two people having different opinions

Another thing that people might think: Why releasing something, that is just in an experimental state? Well, a) there is nothing publicly available that can do similar things and b) I am busy with work and studies so I can't work on this for about another two weeks, so I wanted to get it out for people to use.

[humor][fun]

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    Quick

PS:
    "Does time not start at 0?"
    Wow that one is really philosophic if you think about it. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Maybe time starts at 3.. Who knows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickNick View Post
    I bet most of them could be done clientless much faster, better and easier.
    At least I find it hard to do it clientless client, I don't even know where to start
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickNick View Post
    Another thing that people might think: Why releasing something, that is just in an experimental state?
    I don't question your releases, I learned much from this and am really thankful for you for releasing this

Thanks
    Didnt mean to put you on the defensive man

If you look at the times, you'll notice that you'd have to sit in a time machine to actually get a packet with time 42
    Cant really look at it right now; other then it monotonically increasing 1000/s it seems, i havent looked at it in depth. Does it start counting at client start? Since some set time & date(that, i guess, makes 42 as valid as any value<now)? Why would you need a time machine?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckyoutwo View Post
    Cant really look at it right now; other then it monotonically increasing 1000/s it seems, i havent looked at it in depth. Does it start counting at client start? Since some set time & date(that, i guess, makes 42 as valid as any value<now)? Why would you need a time machine?
    How about using onPacket?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
    How about using onPacket?
    Are you kidding me right now?
    Look through onpacket. All it does is tell you when you get a packet or send a packet and what it is.
    It does not contain or display values such as packet.time

You would either need a time machine to hit the 42 packet because it already happened so long ago.
    The number will only continue to grow it will not reset as far as I know.

Thanks
    Well i must be stupid if i cant even get this to put up boxes,
    I put the .js in the realmrelay and "turned it on" im new realmrelay btw, open both master and slave, they come up, but it doesnt go into box mode
    Stupid dude in need.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    not working with 19.2 anymore. i need to update it first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12