Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

WeaponMgr WTF ?!?!?

Hello guys !

I was looking around the NOLF SDK...

Can some one explain me the purpose of the files : "ClientWeaponBase.h ClientWeaponMgr.h ClientWeapon.h Weapons.h"

And also... What is the relation between these files ?!? I have always used only the weapon list to make hacks... and in these files i cant see any weapon list but only functions...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by kmanev073 View Post
    Hello guys !

I was looking around the NOLF SDK...

Can some one explain me the purpose of the files : "ClientWeaponBase.h ClientWeaponMgr.h ClientWeapon.h Weapons.h"

And also... What is the relation between these files ?!? I have always used only the weapon list to make hacks... and in these files i cant see any weapon list but only functions...
    I don't know how you made the CrossFire Sharks Team if you don't even understand those header files.... I don't even know C++ and i understand them -_-

ClientWeaponBase.h: this file just lines up and tells the engine what the different effects of a weapon are. In this file you find all the virtual voids that name WeaponState (is it reloading, is it shooting, is it idle?), ChangeAmmoWithReload (are you out of one ammo type but have some of another that matches the gun?), and handles messages from the server to client about the different base states of the weapon and everything to do with the base weapon.

ClientWeaponMgr.h: This file holds the main class for the weapon manager (just as it sounds from the name) on the client. things like CurrentWeaponID, hosteredID, Enable or disable weapons is described here. Is the weapon visible? Yes or no... that kind of thing

ClientWeapon.h: The purpose here is the actual client weapon. Which weapon do you have? What does it exactly do and why does it exist on client? Does it exist on server? just another class, the physical functions are in the CPP files.

Weapons.h: This houses the class for the physical weapons. things like "g_pWeaponMgr->IsValidWeaponId(nWeaponId);" or as that translates to "Is the weapon ID a valid weapon and found in the engine?" also found here are other basic class functions of "getWeapon" and isValidAmmoID sorts of things

All in all these files are what control the client side of the weapons on the game. Obviously (common sense should tell you this by READING FILE NAMES) that these files have to do with the CLIENT WEAPONS.

these files are just class objects that on a multiplayer based game, aren't going to do much for you

i may not know c++ well but i've built a few mini games and modded CA into a custom client with some help from others into games like TPS and CAPS... see example below

Last edited by supercarz1991; 02-05-2014 at 09:18 PM.

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

3. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

kmanev073 (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    I don't know how you made the CrossFire Sharks Team if you don't even understand those header files.... I don't even know C++ and i understand them -_-

ClientWeaponBase.h: this file just lines up and tells the engine what the different effects of a weapon are. In this file you find all the virtual voids that name WeaponState (is it reloading, is it shooting, is it idle?), ChangeAmmoWithReload (are you out of one ammo type but have some of another that matches the gun?), and handles messages from the server to client about the different base states of the weapon and everything to do with the base weapon.

ClientWeaponMgr.h: This file holds the main class for the weapon manager (just as it sounds from the name) on the client. things like CurrentWeaponID, hosteredID, Enable or disable weapons is described here. Is the weapon visible? Yes or no... that kind of thing

ClientWeapon.h: The purpose here is the actual client weapon. Which weapon do you have? What does it exactly do and why does it exist on client? Does it exist on server? just another class, the physical functions are in the CPP files.

Weapons.h: This houses the class for the physical weapons. things like "g_pWeaponMgr->IsValidWeaponId(nWeaponId);" or as that translates to "Is the weapon ID a valid weapon and found in the engine?" also found here are other basic class functions of "getWeapon" and isValidAmmoID sorts of things

All in all these files are what control the client side of the weapons on the game. Obviously (common sense should tell you this by READING FILE NAMES) that these files have to do with the CLIENT WEAPONS.

these files are just class objects that on a multiplayer based game, aren't going to do much for you

i may not know c++ well but i've built a few mini games and modded CA into a custom client with some help from others into games like TPS and CAPS... see example below

ok one big Thanks

but that Weapon Manager does it have anything to do with the weapon list... you know the list of structs that hold info about each gun... I am working on CF atm and i create hacks by modding that weapon list... BUT i dont see anything about that weapon manager...

Any idea if it has some relation with the weapon list ? And where can I find them or get pointer to them ? Is there some func like GetWeaponManager ?
    Last edited by kmanev073; 02-06-2014 at 05:17 AM.

I'm not lazy, I just really enjoy doing nothing.
    Donator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    @kmanev073 You must learn C++ then you'll understand it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by *ZeroBlast* View Post
    @kmanev073 You must learn C++ then you'll understand it...
    fuck off bro... i cant undersntad if this weapon manager has something to do with the one we use to make no reload in cf

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    lol, these guy's just spam in section, saying thing's like "you must learn c++", i'm pretty sure that these guy's don't even know the basic knowledge about C++.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by kmanev073 View Post
    ok one big Thanks

but that Weapon Manager does it have anything to do with the weapon list... you know the list of structs that hold info about each gun... I am working on CF atm and i create hacks by modding that weapon list... BUT i dont see anything about that weapon manager...

Any idea if it has some relation with the weapon list ? And where can I find them or get pointer to them ? Is there some func like GetWeaponManager ?
    Of course it has to do with the weapon list at some point in time. Or the file would be useless.... learn actual C++ and to read the code and to see where it gets used in the functions, then you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by XarutoUsoCrack View Post
    lol, these guy's just spam in section, saying thing's like "you must learn c++", i'm pretty sure that these guy's don't even know the basic knowledge about C++.
    a lot of the people yeah... I don't actually know c++ that well, but it's pretty easy to read and see what something does. I may not be able to do some more advanced shit, but i can do basic C++ stuff personally. I know enough to look at this stuff and see where it's referenced and why/how its used.

These people just need to learn to read because its seems like most of them can't even read the code to know what it does.

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

kmanev073 (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    Of course it has to do with the weapon list at some point in time. Or the file would be useless.... learn actual C++ and to read the code and to see where it gets used in the functions, then you'll understand.

a lot of the people yeah... I don't actually know c++ that well, but it's pretty easy to read and see what something does. I may not be able to do some more advanced shit, but i can do basic C++ stuff personally. I know enough to look at this stuff and see where it's referenced and why/how its used.

These people just need to learn to read because its seems like most of them can't even read the code to know what it does.

lovely 3D boxes ptc

i miss it so much in ca

thanks for reminding me of the past ;(