Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

How does VAC work?

Hey everybody, just looking for some support here. Recently I got VAC banned (still don't know why, trying to resolve) and I've been wondering, how does VAC exactly work? Is VAC triggered instantly or does it take some time because today I opened CS:GO after not playing it for two days (I didn't download the patch for it since my internet was slow) and I had the Aura Kingdoms Downloader.exe in the background since I was gonna mess around with bots as my game downloaded. When I opened CS:GO it said you have been VAC banned. I checked my Steam Account and it said I got VAC banned 0 days ago (indicating I got banned today since I just opened CS:GO). I literally had no other programs open aside from my usual ones when I had CS:GO open.

So yes I'm wondering how does VAC work because I have used the Universal Recoil Reducer before my two day break and I want to know if it just checked that I used it (even though yes I understand it's permanently undetected but its a possibility) or if it thought the .exe I was using was a cheat or somewhat.

Also let me know what you guys got banned on CS:GO for too.

Thanks
    VAC delays bans. You cheated, or used something that affects the game, and you got caught. Then you got banned a week or more after it detected you.

You played the game, buddy, and you lost.