Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

HELP WITH SSD/HDD

So now i have 2 windows installed, 1 on each disk. but is it possible to reformat my HDD, and just install my personal stuff on it and only keep my SSD for windows? and i heard about Raid i think, what is it and should i use it?

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Terio View Post
    So now i have 2 windows installed, 1 on each disk. but is it possible to reformat my HDD, and just install my personal stuff on it and only keep my SSD for windows? and i heard about Raid i think, what is it and should i use it?

Thanks
    This will explain RAID configuration
    https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/...vels-tutorial/

As for formatting your HDD,

1. Click Start.

2. Right-click Computer, then click Manage. The "Computer Management" window will open.

3. In the left pane, click Disk Management (under Storage). If your disk is not initialized (as is sometimes the case with brand-new drives), you’ll be prompted to initialize it. If your disk is 2TB or more in size, select GPT; otherwise, stick with MBR.

A list of all connected disk drives is displayed in the center. Unpartitioned drives appear with solid black bars and the label "Unallocated." Partitioned drives appear with solid blue bars and a drive letter.

If your drive isn't partitioned, follow these instructions to partition it. Otherwise, skip down to the next section.

1. Right-click the black bar or the unallocated white space below it and select New Simple Volume… In this case, "Volume" is another term for "partition".

2. Click Next. To create a single, whole-drive partition, make sure the "Simple volume size in MB" value is the same as the "Maximum disk space in MB" value. Click Next.

3. Assign a drive letter of your choice. Click Next.

4. Select Format this volume. For File System, choose NTFS if you’ll be using the drive only with Windows machines. If you will be sharing the information on the drive with Macs, choose exFAT. Keep Allocation unit size at Default. Choose a name for the partition under Volume label. Do not select Perform a quick format or Enable file and folder compression. Click Next.

5. Confirm your selections and click Finish.

If your drive is already partitioned, follow these instructions.

1. Right-click the blue bar or the white space below it and select Format.

2. Choose a name for the partition under Volume label. For File System, choose NTFS if you’ll be using this drive only with Windows machines. If you will be sharing the information on this drive with Macs, choose exFAT. Keep Allocation unit size at Default. Do not select Perform a quick format or Enable file and folder compression. Click OK.

3. Confirm your choices.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    I have a SSD and a HDD I use the SSD for my OS and my games(Loads faster from what I've seen).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terio View Post

You dun goofed son. Let me guess, when you installed windows on the SSD, you left the HDD plugged in? That's is a BIG NONO. You just installed your system reserved partition onto the HDD meaning that the SSD won't boot without the presence of the HDD. You can double checked by physically unplugging the HDD and trying to load into Windows.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Terio (03-26-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

You dun goofed son. Let me guess, when you installed windows on the SSD, you left the HDD plugged in? That's is a BIG NONO. You just installed your system reserved partition onto the HDD meaning that the SSD won't boot without the presence of the HDD. You can double checked by physically unplugging the HDD and trying to load into Windows.
    yeah thanks, i noticed later.