Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick's Sheep View Post
    I dout becouse we never have had contact with life out of our planet.You have proofs that Nazi's created flying saucers..
    On the chance that there is life somewhere else in the universe (which I believe), the chance that that life existed in our time frame is so very small, and even if that were true, the chance that that life is even capable of traveling however far it takes just to reach us, and contact us, is so very small. We humans have only been around ~100,000 years, and it would take 2.5 million lightyears just to reach the nearest galaxy. The chance that aliens travelled to earth and made contact in these past 100k years (or even 1000 years) is so small I find it improbable. Maybe aliens have found earth, 4 billion years ago, when it was still a molten rock and deemed it uninhabitable and have since died out. Who knows. Maybe there's plenty of life, but none of it has space travel.

To rely on contact for evidence of alien life is not wise. I think the chance we have at contacting alien life (in our lifetime) would have to exist in our solar system. I'm hoping they find something on the moon of saturn moon which had water. It's also possible mars had life but it died out long ago.

Anyways, that's my take on aliens.
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
    On the chance that there is life somewhere else in the universe (which I believe), the chance that that life existed in our time frame is so very small, and even if that were true, the chance that that life is even capable of traveling however far it takes just to reach us, and contact us, is so very small. We humans have only been around ~100,000 years, and it would take 2.5 million lightyears just to reach the nearest galaxy. The chance that aliens travelled to earth and made contact in these past 100k years (or even 1000 years) is so small I find it improbable. Maybe aliens have found earth, 4 billion years ago, when it was still a molten rock and deemed it uninhabitable and have since died out. Who knows. Maybe there's plenty of life, but none of it has space travel.

To rely on contact for evidence of alien life is not wise. I think the chance we have at contacting alien life (in our lifetime) would have to exist in our solar system. I'm hoping they find something on the moon of saturn moon which had water. It's also possible mars had life but it died out long ago.

Anyways, that's my take on aliens.
    Watchu mean the chance of them contacting us is very small. If there are aliens out there there are aliens out there. You can't assume that they're not so technologically advanced that they can contact us and vice versa. You get what I'm saying? Although I do like the last bit about aliens coming to earth 4 billion years ago.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

If there is life in the universe why would it try to contact us? We are but the tiniest of specs in the vast cosmos. And that's assuming that we are talking about sentient life.
    Or that it even is capable of communication, or that it even communicates in a way be can comprehend. Think about it, what if an alien species communicated with Gamma Rays? Earth is bombarded with cosmic radiation 24/7, and if it were life trying to contact us, we wouldn't even know it.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

D.Toretto (05-02-2014),[MPGH]Doc (05-02-2014),Euphemistic (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Or that it even is capable of communication, or that it even communicates in a way be can comprehend. Think about it, what if an alien species communicated with Gamma Rays? Earth is bombarded with cosmic radiation 24/7, and if it were life trying to contact us, we wouldn't even know it.
    Message: We accidentally killed ourselves while going from a Type 0 Civilization to a Type 1 Civilization. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    For the most part, no.

Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV
    Call of Duty Minion - XII.MMXIV
    CrossFire Minion - II.MMXV
    Steam Games Minion - III.MMXV
    Minion+ - IV.MMXV
    Former Staff - XI.MMXV

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Dave's Sheep created the world. https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=823662

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Naw witches are made of wood
    XD Den De wood was buurrn
    Dave is a jackass.

Thanks
    No one knows.

Thanks
    How did this go from whether the world was created in 7 days to a discussion on aliens? Anywho, some people believe in a literal reading of the Bible and that the Earth was created in 7 days, but most Christians that I've talked to believe that 7 days was more of a metaphor for eras or time periods.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by razer14 View Post
    How did this go from whether the world was created in 7 days to a discussion on aliens? Anywho, some people believe in a literal reading of the Bible and that the Earth was created in 7 days, but most Christians that I've talked to believe that 7 days was more of a metaphor for eras or time periods.
    Which makes sense until you realize that the order of creation is all wack.

God creates heavens and earth.
    THEN god created light.(how was that again? How did one create a planet without light?)
    -God seperated light from dark(Dark is the absence of light. Meaning god messed up).
    --God then seperated the sky from the water(How is that again? Does that mean the entire earth was water but then god erased some of it? Why?)
    ---God THEN created the sun and moon.(what the......)

Christians only believe it's a metaphor now because society has told them otherwise is stupid.

They don't believe because the bible says so, but because they know better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123