Thanks

Coding Professional Hacks for GMod

Hello, I'm NexCodex

I am new to this forum but am here for only one purpose, coding GMod hacks. I have experience with coding in a lot of languages, but mainly python, lua, java, and VB.

I have never created a real "game hack" before. I have made Lua hacks for GMod before, but this is not really interesting to me because of how useless they are without a bypass. I really want to code more professional hacks for the game but am unsure what knowledge would be needed. Would I need to know Assembly, C++, and Lua? To be honest, where is the best place to start gathering my knowledge for me to reach my end goal (creating GMod hacks).

Any help would be appreciated,
    ~Thanks

Thanks
    C++, the basics of Assembly, and a bit of understanding how the Lua C API works, if you're going to be doing Lua shit.
    Last edited by tdsx; 07-21-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdsx View Post
    C++, the basics of Assembly, and a bit of understanding how the Lua C API works, if you're going to be doing Lua shit.
    Okay, to make sure I fully understand, Is this how it would all come together?

Assembly:
    • Knowledge used for knowing how to read memory values

C++ Used to:
    • Create Injector
    • Create dll (dll written in C++ targets points in memory and changes their values?)

Lua Used to:
    • Create actual game hack

Please tell me if the following points are true or false:
    • I can use C++ to create some type of bypass to allow lua scripts to be ran.
    • I can forget lua and code everything in C++
    • I can use C++ to inject lua scripts

Lastly, where do I start after I know the language?
    I open up GMod and with all the coding ability in the world, how do I know where to begin to even make a hack, use a hack, bypass a convar, where to inject code, where to look in memory, etc...?

Again, thank you to anyone who can help!
    ~Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NexCodex View Post
    Okay, to make sure I fully understand, Is this how it would all come together?

Assembly:
    • Knowledge used for knowing how to read memory values

C++ Used to:
    • Create Injector
    • Create dll (dll written in C++ targets points in memory and changes their values?)

Lua Used to:
    • Create actual game hack

Lastly, where do I start after I know the language?
    I open up GMod and with all the coding ability in the world, how do I know where to begin to even make a hack, use a hack, bypass a convar, where to inject code, where to look in memory, etc...?

Again, thank you to anyone who can help!
    ~Thanks
    I'll answer the questions
    Yeah
    Yeah
    Useless even if you could

Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.
    Just use blue bypass and code a lua cheat.
    Also, asking for help on here is the equivalent to getting trolled harder then on facepunch.
    Last edited by Trollaux; 07-21-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    d e a d b o y s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    What do you call a troll with shitty jokes?
    Trollaux
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeran View Post
    Foot job with lots of oil.
    If she's 12, I'm 12.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trollaux For This Useful Post:

Melted Bu11et (07-23-2014)

Thanks
    Well, what hack are you trying to make? I can answer those questions then.

~Thanks
    1. Yes.
    2. Depends on what you're trying to do. A lot of things are done easier in Lua than they are done in C++.
    3. You'd have to get the Lua state somehow, and then you could run your scripts.

I don't really know where you should start after you learn the languages, though. I started with making GMod modules, and now I'm working towards injection. If you're going to start that way as well, here's a tutorial on how to get it set up.

Setting Visual Studio Up for Making Binary Modules - Garry's Mod

I sort of agree with Trollaux, though. If I were you I'd just use a public bypass and load Lua then.
    Last edited by tdsx; 07-21-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    So if the recommendation is to use blue bypass, that is not going to help me with my goal. But you are telling me that the best thing to do is to write a bypass. Because blue bypass may become detected in the future or may possibly be currently detected, where would I start to create my own bypass?

Thanks
    create a "~professional~" hack and I'll crack it within the first week of release

glhf
    8:53 PM - Xenomorphic 1 hr 7 min cooldown: So is MPGH only exist so people can c+p from ************* and troll the gmod section?

[IMG]https://i739.photobucke*****m/albums/xx38/jorroa5990/flatexch2_zpsec96a7e2.gif[/IMG]

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D3M0L1T10N For This Useful Post:

Taelss (08-31-2016),Zombeezz (07-21-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post

I'll answer the questions
    Yeah
    Yeah
    Useless even if you could

Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.
    Just use blue bypass and code a lua cheat.
    Also, asking for help on here is the equivalent to getting trolled harder then on facepunch.
    Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother. lmfao wat
    8:53 PM - Xenomorphic 1 hr 7 min cooldown: So is MPGH only exist so people can c+p from ************* and troll the gmod section?

[IMG]https://i739.photobucke*****m/albums/xx38/jorroa5990/flatexch2_zpsec96a7e2.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D3M0L1T10N View Post
    Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother.Coding a hack in C++ for garrys mod is useless, don't even bother. lmfao wat
    big autism from mpgh ownlords who know a lot of coding c++ useless also use asm to read memory values and lua to create 'actual game hacks'
    lel

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdaddyw For This Useful Post:

Taelss (08-31-2016),_Fami (07-25-2014)

Thanks
    So if the recommendation is to use blue bypass, that is not going to help me with my goal. But you are telling me that the best thing to do is to write a bypass. Because blue bypass may become detected in the future or may possibly be currently detected, where would I start to create my own bypass?
    Its never going to get detected. You think garry gives a fuck? You can writeprocmem and nothing will happen to you.
    Just look in pickles' source code.
    d e a d b o y s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    What do you call a troll with shitty jokes?
    Trollaux
    Foot job with lots of oil.
    If she's 12, I'm 12.

Thanks
    lua owns every1 and everything