Thread: Le Bot Trojan?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Le Bot Trojan?

Has this happend to anyone else or can anyone give me a explanation. This is the second time mcafee has found a trojan after i redownloaded it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Lightbulb A possible solution to your problem

McAfee is a really bad...anti virus program, -personal experience- and, uh, I hope you downloaded Le Bot 8.3 on MPGH.net, and not another site...because otherwise it wouldn't be approved, resulting in no one being able to download it, and to state the obvious, before something gets approved, it needs to be scanned for viruses, too...so this is, quite frankly, an error on McAfee's part, if you did, in fact download it on MPGH. Also, if it helps... I have no anti-virus program, and I do, in fact have Le Bot 8.3, and my laptop is still runnin' like a dream, or so to speak.
    Last edited by SaintVitus; 07-29-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Addition of information

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintVitus View Post
    McAfee is a really bad...anti virus program, -personal experience- and, uh, I hope you downloaded Le Bot 8.3 on MPGH.net, and not another site...because otherwise it wouldn't be approved, resulting in no one being able to download it, and to state the obvious, before something gets approved, it needs to be scanned for viruses, too...so this is, quite frankly, an error on McAfee's part, if you did, in fact download it on MPGH. Also, if it helps... I have no anti-virus program, and I do, in fact have Le Bot 8.3, and my laptop is still runnin' like a dream, or so to speak.
    If you look at file extension is says mpgh.net

but im having no problems with my computer its just that i got this laptop like a week ago and i have a norton360 disk but i thought i might as well use my mcafee subscription till the end and then use norton but if this hasnt happend to anyone else then maybe it just is macafees fault lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethlon View Post
    If you look at file extension is says mpgh.net

but im having no problems with my computer its just that i got this laptop like a week ago and i have a norton360 disk but i thought i might as well use my mcafee subscription till the end and then use norton but if this hasnt happend to anyone else then maybe it just is macafees fault lol
    If you do extensive research, you will see that McAfee has a very good firewall. However at the same time, you will also learn how weak its virus scanner is...download Spyware Doctor and scan your system. There is a good chance if you use nothing but McAfee to protect your computer, then you will have numerous viruses. Most likely, Trojans to go with it. So don't fall for McAfee's false virus database claims, because in reality McAfee has one of the weakest virus scanners. (Of course, excluding fake antivirus programs)
    Last edited by SaintVitus; 07-29-2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Grammatical changes...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SaintVitus For This Useful Post:

Ethlon (07-29-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintVitus View Post

If you do extensive research, you will see that McAfee has a very good firewall. However at the same time, you will also learn how weak its virus scanner is..Download Spyware doctor and scan your system. There is a good chance if you use nothing but McAfee to protect your computer, then you will have numerous viruses. Most likely, Trojans to go with it. So don't fall for McAfee's false virus database claims, because in reality McAfee has one of the weakest virus scanners. (Of course, excluding fake antivirus programs)
    thanks for the info

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ethlon View Post
    thanks for the info
    Of course!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Download kaspersky or esetnod 32 those are some really good ones and lot of mpgh people use it.

I use kaspersky because its a little better btw McAfee is crap e.e
    so is norton

Thanks
    McAfee and Norton are notoriously shit as they detect so many harmful items in clean applications.
    Anyway, I've had to fully decompile Le Bot before (it's cool, James is aware) to check for bugs, and I can promise you there's nothing harmful there.
    Plus James is our minion so if there was a trojan we would all be fucked

Thanks
    It's a false positive... So yea.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019