Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Don't waste your time with ROTMG server hosting

Unless you are doing it for fun, and to play by yourself or with friends.

Do not host a server to open it to the public. Unless you are one of these nerds with years of their life spent on C# programming (lmfao that they are coding private servers at this point, shouldn't you be doing something worthwhile?)

Reasons? Let me name just a few reasons you should not host your server publicly, out of the hundreds

1. Hacks. Not a problem?
    -No-clip, speed hack, auto-nexus, aim-bot, god-mode, quest teleport
    Not so bad huh? But then the nerds come
    -IP ban immune (Sort of), Infinite Gold/Fame hack, Inventory Edit hack (Edits other players' inventories), and World hack (Can teleport to any world in the server, including everyone's vaults that are online, so you can steal their things.)

Now.. If that's not enough, we have some other types of nerds. These nerds don't only go destroy a server in-game, but they literally destroy your VPS that you pay hard earned money for

2. Database spamming nerds - @C453
    -Now why do these database spamming nerds exist? Well, they like to eliminate 100% of their competition by making a database spamming bot, which overall causes your entire VPS to crash, and go 100x slower than usual because they filled up your character database with 100,000 accounts. Why they have to do this? Well, I'm not sure. Maybe their daddy abused them when they were little.

3. Lag
    Worst problem of them all - lag. You can buy a $500 server and it will still lag because the Private Server sources are all trash. Of course this can be fixed if you've spent years of your life learning C#, however, obviously most of us haven't, and won't learn that much C#. We are just trying to have fun hosting a server. And it is fun, until too much attention is drawn to your server and the nerds come.

If you are still considering opening a server to the public (especially posting it on this forum), you sir, have some balls.

I hope that this helps some people here make a decision of not opening an ROTMG server, and maybe moving on to something better in life. This section will go down the drain at this rate. I mean, if you want to waste a few years learning C# to come back and waste another year fixing all the exploits with the ROTMG server, go ahead and have fun. But that's not something I suggest doing, you can use that same knowledge to make millions of dollars coding important programs rather than ROTMG.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
    2. Database spamming nerds - @C453
    Why do you blame case for this... I can tell you he did nothing to your server.

3. Lag
    Worst problem of them all - lag. You can buy a $500 server and it will still lag because the Private Server sources are all trash.
    Use a source that doesn't have a single trace of phoenix source in it, preferably creepylava's source but that will be a big pain to find.
    Last edited by filenub; 07-31-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks
    It was either C453, or Donran. Sure, could have been Donran but I spoke to him and he seemed like a decent person, if he decided to spam my database after then that's quite strange how quickly some people can change.

Now, if it wasn't C453 or Donran then it must have been someone else that just created an account spammer last night, just happened to create it after 2 others already showed their account spammers and were already spamming databases. The chances of that happening are .001%.

About the source. It may be true that there's 1-2sources out there that don't have as much lag. However, it still has all the other problems (Dupes, Hacks, Exploits) that are not fixed easily. All the ones mentioned above. It requires a lot of C# knowledge to fix them all 100%, so I still see no reason anyone should be attempting to host a public private server.

L̋̾̈́͑ͥͨͨ͞Ò̴ͫͪ͛͋̉͛Lͥ̔̓ ͨ͛ͬ ͩ̀͢
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    1) Phoenix source is shitty. It cant even run 30 minutes without crashing

2) Account spammers are the easiest thing to make ever, and there is no bad side of having a db flooded

3) VPS specs barley matter. I have a 2GB vps running and its fine
    cant have shit in detroit

Thanks
    1. Stated in the thread
    2. Wrong, they crash the host computer
    3. Stated in the thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    VPS that you pay hard earned money for
    Made me laugh quite badly...

Anyway... Few comments

1: How about you fix the bugs instead of cry about people using them? It's not so hard to fix if you just take time to study the code.

2: Nerds? Simple software written in ~5 mins that just sends the web request over and over... just fix it, It really isn't hard either.

3: Fix the memory leaks? Like seriously... Put some actual effort into it and you won't have those issues.

Price of the VPS doesn't matter if it's shitty.
    Quality of the VPS doesn't matter if the server is shitty.
    Server won't progress if the coders can't do shit.
    Coders can't learn if they don't give things effort.

--

I opened a server public and got database spammed by @donran and some other people. We handled it just fine because we gave things effort.

... Besides... I don't think you have the authority to stomp on someone elses wishes... If they want to do something, you shouldn't discourage them to do so... How else do you think servers are created? You don't have to have [Insert Amount of Years] experience of c# programming to be able to do something as simple as a private server. The system is laid out for you already, you just have to study it and figure out what does what then take things from there. It's a way to learn coding. It's not their fault that you're either too lazy, stupid or w/e to learn and do things on your own.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kithio For This Useful Post:

BlackRayquaza (08-01-2014),filenub (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    I said everything in my thread that I wanted to say, you just refuse to read it, I guess?

If they want to make a server they have to dedicate a LOT of time into doing so, I am pretty much telling them that. It's the whole point of the thread. Most people don't have that much time to waste fucking around with these shitty private servers. I thought you know, maybe 10-20 really bad exploits would need to be fixed, but in reality it's 100+ and it's pretty damn hard to fix all of those unless you 100% know what you're doing. Anyways I'm actually trying to help people out, I feel like I wasted a lot of time hosting a server because these things happened. I expected to host a server and possibly learn from it, yes I could still learn but I'd rather not waste many, many hours of my life just getting a load of exploits fixed.

Thanks

Don't waste your time with ForeverROTMG

Reasons? Let me name just a few reasons you should not play ForeverROTMG out of the hundreds

1. Hacks. Not a problem?
    -No-clip, speed hack, auto-nexus, aim-bot, god-mode, quest teleport
    Not so bad huh? But then the nerds come
    -IP ban immune (Sort of), Infinite Gold/Fame hack, Inventory Edit hack (Edits other players' inventories), and World hack (Can teleport to any world in the server, including everyone's vaults that are online, so you can steal their things.)

Now.. If that's not enough, we have some other types of nerds. These nerds don't only go destroy a server in-game, but they literally cast a slur on your server that you worked hard on

2. Server hosting nerds - @JamesA2
    -Now why do these server hosting nerds exist? Well, they like to eliminate 100% of their competition by blaming other servers for stealing their players and make some people to play their servers out of pity. Why do they have to do this? Well, I'm not sure. Maybe their daddy abused them when they were little.

3. Lag
    Worst problem of them all - lag. The owner can buy a $500 server and it will still lag because the Private Server sources are all trash. Of course this can be fixed if you've spent years of your life learning C#, however, obviously most of us haven't, and won't learn that much C#. We are just trying to have fun hosting a server. And it is fun, until too much attention is drawn to your server and the nerds come.

I hope that this helps some people here make a decision of playing ForeverROTMG, and maybe moving on to something better in life. This server will go down the drain at this rate. I mean, if you want to waste a few days playing ForeverROTMG and waste another day cursing how bad the server is, go ahead and have fun. But that's not something I suggest doing, you can use that same time to make millions of dollars coding important programs rather than playing ForeverROTMG.

Thanks for reading.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJani For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Good joke. Oh well guess I'm done wasting time replying now, too many children on this forum.

Edit: I must also mention that your post doesn't even make sense in the slightest.
    Last edited by Lovroman; 07-31-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good joke, kiddo. Oh well guess I'm done wasting time replying now, too many children on this forum.

Edit: I must also mention that your post doesn't even make sense in the slightest. Please kill yourself.
    Didn't make sense? You got an extra chromosome there buddy?

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    This is the most dumbest thread I have ever seen.

I am still trying to find someone that has CreepyLava's source. Might ask him if he has it (the one before he took it down from his ******)

Also the only children here will be you @JamesA2

We all aren't children. Sure we troll and prank but that is it. We are nothing compared to you. Your opinions don't count in the fact that others want to host a server. If you actually worked on the server and got a good team, you could actually stabilise the server
    Last edited by Ahlwong; 07-31-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    That is in all sources

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Use a source that doesn't have a single trace of phoenix source in it, preferably creepylava's source but that will be a big pain to find.
    simply go to his ****** https://******.com/rirze/rotmg_svr
    Last edited by KieronZeCoder69; 07-31-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by KieronZeCoder69 View Post
    simply go to his ****** https://******.com/rirze/rotmg_svr
    +1 finally got my hands on it
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlwong View Post
    +1 finally got my hands on it
    if you couldn't google 'creepylava source' you dont deserve it the slightest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast