Thanks

Can connect to my private rotmg server via LAN but not WAN

Long time reader first time poster, be gentle.

So I made a private server using Phoenix Teams most recent on git. It works great for me and my family on LAN. When my friends try to connect from the internet they get to the nexus loading screen, which remains black indefinitely and briefly says Connected until fading away. I'm pretty sure I've tracked the problem down to receiving packets from the client.

The menu works fine in WAN and LAN, until attempting to press play.

I edited the solution to do command output when wServer sends and receives packets. When I connect from LAN I see the words "192... connected." and then show's "Client trying to connect!", then succeeds and I can play. On the WAN I press play from the menu screen and my wServer outputs "206... connected." and never shows "Client trying to connect!", however when they close the browser I notice a packet get sent from them that is less than 5 bytes so the server knows to remove them.

I updated the server's VS solution list.cs to use my global address.

I have updated the client and server code to use port 8080 instead of 80. I've left the wServer ports at 2050 and 843. All of these ports are verified to be forwarded correctly using canyouseeme a free open port checking tool. In the client I only found one placement of the ip and port number and changed them appropriately.

I imagine I may have missed a port in the client, can someone out there help me. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    cant connect.PNG  

can't connect.PNG  

Last edited by Lovroman; 08-13-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by xav907 View Post
    Long time reader first time poster, be gentle.

So I made a private server using Phoenix Teams most recent on git. It works great for me and my family on LAN. When my friends try to connect from the internet they get to the nexus loading screen, which remains black indefinitely and briefly says Connected until fading away. I'm pretty sure I've tracked the problem down to receiving packets from the client.

The menu works fine in WAN and LAN, until attempting to press play.

I edited the solution to do command output when wServer sends and receives packets. When I connect from LAN I see the words "192... connected." and then show's "Client trying to connect!", then succeeds and I can play. On the WAN I press play from the menu screen and my wServer outputs "206... connected." and never shows "Client trying to connect!", however when they close the browser I notice a packet get sent from them that is less than 5 bytes so the server knows to remove them.

I updated the server's VS solution list.cs to use my global address.

I have updated the client and server code to use port 8080 instead of 80. I've left the wServer ports at 2050 and 843. All of these ports are verified to be forwarded correctly using can you see me a free open port checking tool. In the client I only found one placement of the ip and port number and changed them appropriately.

I imagine I may have missed a port in the client, can someone out there help me. Thanks in advance.
    I can totally help with this issue just write back and I will be assistance to your issue and I know I will have it up and running for you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmgkid View Post
    I can totally help with this issue just write back and I will be assistance to your issue and I know I will have it up and running for you
    That would be awesome, I'm ready anytime.

I probably missed you, I should probably mention that the ip is a LAN address in the images because I was running it on a webserver in chrome to try to simulate what my friends were seeing. Also I'm not running the client on the same computer as the server.
    Last edited by Lovroman; 08-13-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    If you have skype add me

Thanks
    Hey, is there any general troubleshooting advice you can give me here. I rarely ever use Skype.

Thanks
    Solved, friends were trying to connect from a browser, they needed to be connecting from the standalone flash player. Something to do with flash settings on browser, the server would have to be a trusted source, something like that. Mark as closed please.