Thread: Arma 3 Life

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lystic View Post
    LOL they banned me from their Teamspeak and server for "sharing server files"

Well I guess thats them asking for a release rite?
    lol nice lystic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by BarackObamaCare View Post
    lol nice lystic
    I don't think server admins understand that being nice to a hacker has more positives than negatives... Epoch clearly didn't know that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lystic View Post
    I don't think server admins understand that being nice to a hacker has more positives than negatives... Epoch clearly didn't know that.
    I know i attempted to help a3l at first but they starting banning randoms for hacks i nuked them 3days straight and they finally figured out it was me and banned me.

Thanks
    you must have been a big help if you hacked them for 3 days...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miramar For This Useful Post:

Lystic (09-28-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Miramar View Post
    you must have been a big help if you hacked them for 3 days...
    No it took them three days to learn to find hackers i guess
    they banned random people and said we got em!

Thanks
    Any luck with those server files? If not, i'm going to try to take the Altis mission they stole credit for off Tonic and make the minor adjustments i'm sure they made to get it working.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyron View Post
    Any luck with those server files? If not, i'm going to try to take the Altis mission they stole credit for off Tonic and make the minor adjustments i'm sure they made to get it working.
    Their coding skills are sadly below most of the people on these forums. They cannot actually code so any adjustments they made are no where close to big so the code will look almost 100% identical. The only real server-side adjustments they could of possibly made would be related to the database which is rather easy to add in missing tables.

The TFAR radio stuff is mostly client-side so all of that should be in the client files.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonic-_- View Post
    Their coding skills are sadly below most of the people on these forums. They cannot actually code so any adjustments they made are no where close to big so the code will look almost 100% identical. The only real server-side adjustments they could of possibly made would be related to the database which is rather easy to add in missing tables.

The TFAR radio stuff is mostly client-side so all of that should be in the client files.
    i mean a simply throw in the mission.sqm & vehiclecfg weapons and all that shit and change the .altis to .lakesidevalley

Thanks
    i mean a simply throw in the mission.sqm & vehiclecfg weapons and all that shit and change the .altis to .lakesidevalley
    Should not have to do that, the client-side mission should already be provided. If it's not in your MPMissionCache then that is because the mission is already included in the mod files.

The only thing that you should be lacking are:

1. bikey for the pbo files (Create your own and distribute the keys)
    2. Server-side code (The code its self is altis life with small tweaks so the server-side should not differ to much).

If you wanted to take the easy route and put absolutely no effort into it then yeah you could just edit the mission.sqm via map editor and change configs but that's no fun, it's pretty lazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    @Tonic-_- Yea i have the mission file but it doesnt load due to me not having server side code.they leached most of your code Ex:Life_Init in there code is now A3L_Life_Init

Thanks

Which is such a shame... I remember having such hope in that life server. Didn't their developer leave or some shit so they just took your mission file and called it their own?

Thanks
    @Tonic-_- Yea i have the mission file but it doesnt load due to me not having server side code.they leached most of your code Ex:Life_Init in there code is now A3L_Life_Init
    Changing variable and file names doesn't mean they didn't take the whole package. When you change a variable or file name it doesn't make it yours nor show a great deal of work being done to it. Simply just change the calls in the server side or in the mission and the large majority of it should work right out of the box. Minor things may not work but making them work would be child's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyron View Post
    Which is such a shame... I remember having such hope in that life server. Didn't their developer leave or some shit so they just took your mission file and called it their own?
    I think that person realized that they have no idea what they're doing which is why he left. I don't blame him for leaving them, I wouldn't want to work with idiots who ride off of your work.

I'm getting the feeling I am going to just end up downloading it and making the server-side work for it. Anything to ruin their plans for success off of other peoples work would bring me great pleasure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Changing variable and file names doesn't mean they didn't take the whole package. When you change a variable or file name it doesn't make it yours nor show a great deal of work being done to it. Simply just change the calls in the server side or in the mission and the large majority of it should work right out of the box. Minor things may not work but making them work would be child's play.

I think that person realized that they have no idea what they're doing which is why he left. I don't blame him for leaving them, I wouldn't want to work with idiots who ride off of your work.

I'm getting the feeling I am going to just end up downloading it and making the server-side work for it. Anything to ruin their plans for success off of other peoples work would bring me great pleasure.
    @Tonic-_- I Understand that im just saying so others dont think that you can just copy+paste folder into their server and get it working, sorry for the misunderstanding.I myself have a fully working A3L Server pretty simple.

Thanks

Makes sense. That guy was doing some nice stuff too. I hope he eventually makes a life mod of his own. All it needs is a rename and minor changes? Well shit.. let me get on that. I haven't actually looked at anything yet. If I manage to get it all working before you find the motivation to do so i'll put it out there. I'm not looking to do what they're doing.. and of course i'll properly put the credits back in.

@Tonic-_- I Understand that im just saying so others dont think that you can just copy+paste folder into their server and get it working, sorry for the misunderstanding.I myself have a fully working A3L Server pretty simple.
    Do you have their mission file on your server? If so can you send the IP (PM's if you're keeping it private). I wasn't able to connect to their server earlier to get it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

UPDATE

Update Password for Servers
    Code:
    [EU #1 - ArmA 3 Life Official IP:37.187.248.84:2302  PASSWORD:hannes95]
    [US #1 - ArmA 3 Life Official IP:192.99.18.123:2302 PASSWORD:hannes99]

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast