Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    They're working on a cure for Ebola now. It is treatable, with only a 50% chance death rate in 1st world countries.

I'm fine because I don't spend my days knee-deep in my neighbors feces.

If you need help hacking, please add me on Skype! I'd be glad to help anyone!*

Quote Originally Posted by betterex View Post
    +vouch. Helped me learn how to use EggCrack and was fast about it :3
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyb0b View Post
    +Vouch Was really nice. Good trader. Gave Minecraft account quick and easily. Also helped me with an issue I had.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaPlaysMC View Post
    +Vouch to Prometheois117, DOOD DIS GUYS DA BOMB, He gave me a Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTrann View Post
    +Vouch He taught me how to use eggcrack right away when I added him on skype and he answered a ton of my questions LOL

Understand if there is not an explanation of why you want to add me it will result in an instant block.

My Skype is Tekkitear.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Apparently there are a couple potential vaccines that are going through human safety testing so I'm not too worried yet. That, and I live in Canada
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Apparently there are a couple potential vaccines that are going through human safety testing so I'm not too worried yet. That, and I live in Canada
    Yeah, that's a lie.

Vaccines would skip safety testing if they had a decent success rate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Yeah, that's a lie.

Vaccines would skip safety testing if they had a decent success rate.
    How so? A vaccine that works for lab mice doesn't necessarily have the same effect for humans. Besides, it's just what I read in an article on WHO's website.
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    How so? A vaccine that works for lab mice doesn't necessarily have the same effect for humans.
    :/ Are you acting like scientist don't understand how to adapt a vaccine? Seriously?

If it doesn't have a decent success rate then it's still in the very early stages of trial and is equivalent to having no vaccine at all.
    Last edited by Empire; 12-09-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

:/ Are you acting like scientist don't understand how to adapt a vaccine? Seriously?

If it doesn't have a decent success rate then it's still in the very early stages of trial and is equivalent to having no vaccine at all.
    Scientists can't simply adapt a vaccine to fit the need for the entire human species... they're not that good unfortunately. Human trials alone consists of multiple stages that could span over several years. It's not only about success rate; they have to think about how our immune system responds to the vaccine, side-effects, and the safety and efficiency of the vaccine under certain conditions and over a period of time. I'm sure it's a more complicated and time-consuming procedure than we give them credit for.
    Last edited by Airmid; 12-09-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Scientists can't simply adapt a vaccine to fit the need for the entire human species... they're not that good unfortunately.
    What are you talking about? "entire human species"? It's a vaccine for one virus, and yeah, the take a vaccine that works and adapt it to fit human parameters.

Human trials alone consists of multiple stages that could span over several years. It's not only about success rate; they have to think about how our immune system responds to the vaccine, side-effects, and the safety and efficiency of the vaccine under certain conditions and over a period of time. I'm sure it's a more complicated and time-consuming procedure than we give them credit for.
    You are talking about pharmacology for over-the-counter drugs, not vaccines. Success rate in and not making it worse is all the ebola vaccine needs.

I'm sure making the vaccine is a task in and of itself, but I didn't say anything to the contrary.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My first question is how would they even make the vaccine.
    It can't really help the immune system because Ebola attacks the immune system like HIV does.
    You need to change the how your DNA of the cells to make it so the Ebola cannot bind to any of your cells which I can see only by gene therapy which is mainly only used for mutated genes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Why do people make a big thing about Ebola? It's not the worst disease out there. I mean there are diseases that kill you in less then 7 hours. I mean just cause it's a media news you guys have to make a big ass deal about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Airmid (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Illuminati!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Why do people make a big thing about Ebola? It's not the worst disease out there. I mean there are diseases that kill you in less then 7 hours. I mean just cause it's a media news you guys have to make a big ass deal about it.
    Simply because most of the people never heard of Ebola before. It appears to a typical person as a new incurable disease even though it is not. Hence, it would allow several companies to take advantage for it and tons of earn money. The more hype and attention Ebola will get, the more money they will earn.

=========================Omega good job!========================

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

What are you talking about? "entire human species"? It's a vaccine for one virus, and yeah, the take a vaccine that works and adapt it to fit human parameters.
    Each person is different; not everyone reacts the same way to the vaccine. It may work for a few, but that may not be the case for the general population.

You are talking about pharmacology for over-the-counter drugs, not vaccines. Success rate in and not making it worse is all the ebola vaccine needs.
    I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials. When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Diseases?
    Ebola is one of the worst things to ever have.
    The issue isn't because of how lethal, but the fact that most people don't know how Ebola spreads and there are no cures for it.
    Most diseases you speak of don't really transfer really well between humans.
    If you get infected with Ebola you have a 90% of dying because there is no cure.

The top killing diseases are Viruses...
    Also the Spanish Flu had a killing rate of 10% and you see how it killed a lot of people.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Each person is different; not everyone reacts the same way to the vaccine. It may work for a few, but that may not be the case for the general population.

I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials. When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed
    Vaccines are no where "cures" you have to understand that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ok you are either misunderstanding how vaccines work or how human anatomy/physiology is. I'm not sure which at this point.

I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials.
    Yes, well every medication has the potential for allergic reactions(which you can test beforehand or monitor responses) and adverse side effects. This ranges from tynelol to morphine and nothing is excluded. That's not really an issue with the vaccine, that's an issue with the administration staff giving it. Really all you have to do is either provide counters or test beforehand.

When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed
    You are talking more on the "immunization" than the "cure' form.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast