Thread: New big three?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiyama View Post
    KUROKO
    But why would anyone pick Kuruko over Real, Shamo, or Hajime no Ippo?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Because quality obviously doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

One of my friends showed me Hajime, he showed me the scene where the boxer would "look" away as his secret technique, Lol. I thought it was really funny, but I never really got into it.
    Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

:/ You are overhyping this series......

Try to realize that Shonen Jump always gets this shit. A new series comes out like every other month, gets high in the charts, then quickly fades into obscurity.
    ----------------

This series already has the biggest problem of all: It's not imaginative.

It's going to maybe hit the 30-50 mark, then die.
    Not really me overhyping anything, as I said, based solely on it's rankings. Like, it's been 3 months and it's consistently up there, and it doesn't even need to be imaginative because dozens of manga are ongoing despite following the exact same path as others, just in different magazines. Besides, people in Japan are looking for something to fill in the gap for Naruto, and this is pretty much it. No good main character that always jumps in headfirst, "rivalry" with someone from childhood, you know, basic shonen stuff.

It's because the author is executing the generic really well, and because he made a female lead that's not a tsundere is why he's thriving right now. We've all seen what Japan likes; a comedic, school-life, action manga with slight hints of romance that doesn't actually go anywhere til the end, and a wimpy main character that becomes badass and then overpowered by the end of it. Boku no Hero Academia is pretty much the most shonen you can squeeze out of a series and that's probably why all the adolescent kids like it.

Especially since the main female lead isn't a tsundere in a shonen manga, like, when was the last time a female lead was normal, not some weird-dere type of girl.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeran View Post

um ok
    um what

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiyama View Post
    One of my friends showed me Hajime, he showed me the scene where the boxer would "look" away as his secret technique, Lol. I thought it was really funny, but I never really got into it.
    O_O So basically going blind while in a boxing match is not impressive. (Dunno why i bother)

Quote Originally Posted by Synchromanica View Post

Not really me overhyping anything, as I said, based solely on it's rankings. Like, it's been 3 months and it's consistently up there, and it doesn't even need to be imaginative because dozens of manga are ongoing despite following the exact same path as others, just in different magazines. Besides, people in Japan are looking for something to fill in the gap for Naruto, and this is pretty much it. No good main character that always jumps in headfirst, "rivalry" with someone from childhood, you know, basic shonen stuff.

It's because the author is executing the generic really well, and because he made a female lead that's not a tsundere is why he's thriving right now. We've all seen what Japan likes; a comedic, school-life, action manga with slight hints of romance that doesn't actually go anywhere til the end, and a wimpy main character that becomes badass and then overpowered by the end of it. Boku no Hero Academia is pretty much the most shonen you can squeeze out of a series and that's probably why all the adolescent kids like it.

Especially since the main female lead isn't a tsundere in a shonen manga, like, when was the last time a female lead was normal, not some weird-dere type of girl.
    "Not really overhyping"

>Proceeds to say this series will fill in the gap left by naruto based off of less than 20 chapters and being in the top 10 rankings a couple of times. Bro do you even look at the rankings? I bet you don't even know half those manga or recognize them as being anywhere near the popularity of the big 3.

You don't seem to understand that weekly shonen jump rankings are a big thing, but series that have been around awhile are what people remember. Shit like academia comes around all the time but never makes it.

---------
    You then just outright lie about the series .

1. The author isn't executing the genre very well. Onepunchman would be an example of a good twist, Tiger and Bunny would be another, shit what about Area D?. Academia is cliche as fuck and every single part has been done to the fucking ground a hundred times over. A little shit finds a super power thats super special and he's picked on. Seriously, off of the top of my head that's the starting plot of at least a dozen anime.

2. "Because he made a female lead that's not a tsundere". This is shonen, not romantic comedy. Shonen female leads are almost always the same as the ones you see here. Secondary shticks, slightly useful power(always play support), and she will have here one "I'm important too!" fight after a couple of good ones. Seriously, this is like the complete standard for shonen. You want to say that this makes it special? How? This is the same as every other shonen ever.
    > Now if the female was the LEAD(or even important) that would make it special.
    -----------------------------

IMO the series suffers from a boring plot, only 3-4 main characters will probably exist, and then the artstyle is just bland. No effort or artistic talent.

I've seen this story done better and I'm not going to pay it any mind. Just like the authors other series, it will be dead within a year.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-14-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

O_O So basically going blind while in a boxing match is not impressive. (Dunno why i bother)

"Not really overhyping"

>Proceeds to say this series will fill in the gap left by naruto based off of less than 20 chapters and being in the top 10 rankings a couple of times. Bro do you even look at the rankings? I bet you don't even know half those manga or recognize them as being anywhere near the popularity of the big 3.

You don't seem to understand that weekly shonen jump rankings are a big thing, but series that have been around awhile are what people remember. Shit like academia comes around all the time but never makes it.

---------

1. The author isn't executing the genre very well. Onepunchman would be an example of a good twist, Tiger and Bunny would be another, shit what about Area D?. Academia is cliche as fuck and every single part has been done to the fucking ground a hundred times over. A little shit finds a super power thats super special and he's picked on. Seriously, off of the top of my head that's the starting plot of at least a dozen anime.

2. "Because he made a female lead that's not a tsundere". This is shonen, not romantic comedy. Shonen female leads are almost always the same as the ones you see here. Secondary shticks, slightly useful power(always play support), and she will have here one "I'm important too!" fight after a couple of good ones. Seriously, this is like the complete standard for shonen. You want to say that this makes it special? How? This is the same as every other shonen ever.

IMO the series suffers from a boring plot, only 3-4 main characters will probably exist, and then the artstyle is just bland. No effort or artistic talent.

I've seen this story done better and I'm not going to pay it any mind. Just like the authors other series, it will be dead within a year.
    LMAO it's like arguing with an angry brick wall. For one, I do look at the rankings, and top 10 a couple times? It's been in the top 5 consecutively for the past 10 issues. The reason I'm saying it has such a high chance is because lots of the time, even when manga get high ratings on WSJ, if their volumes don't sell well they still get cancelled, or get low ranking but make high sales in their volumes so they stay alive. MHA is sold out of it's first volume in a matter of hours while also getting high ratings in WSJ.

And then to say, I don't even recognize half the series there or acknowledge their popularity in relation to the big 3? I've been reading half of those fucking manga since their oneshots, and the ones that I didn't are the ones that are obviously fucking popular if it's been ongoing for over 6 years. I don't need to have read all of them to know how well they're doing, it's not like I'm a fucking shut-in with no friends that doesn't hear about any other kinds of manga.

Outright lying about the series? How is its sales and ranking not connected to how the story is being developed. Being "cliche as fuck and every single part has been done to the fucking ground a hundred times over. A little shit finds a super power thats super special and he's picked on." and still getting top rankings is proof that even if it's not the most original or unique that people are still being drawn to, how does that not equal good execution. People in Japan just becoming retarded or something to think that and still think of it highly?

And what the fuck do you mean it's shonen, not romantic comedy. As if that has anything to do with a character archetype. Action, Comedy, Romance, School life and Shonen can all be in the same manga, and lots of the time the female archetype for these manga's are all the same, Tsundere. And a character's involvement in the story has nothing to do with her character, so I have no idea what you're trying to say with that second point of yours. Not to mention you completely brush off the female lead pressing your opinion that she won't be important, when she's been relevant since her debut into the raws and has already been more useful than other female leads like Sakura or Orihime.

Like, you won't pay any attention to this manga, yet you make so many claims about its future based on your opinion that, it seems rather than actually looking at the series, you're just trying to pick apart what I said to make yours seem more valid to be completely honest. Seriously, why hate on it and hope for its failure rather than just hope it does well to end on it's own volition. I don't get it.
    ----
    People aren't going to look to one of the ongoing manga's to fill in for Naruto, they all probably already read it and have a separate spot for it, so why not look for something new. Nobody's going to go, "aww man, Naruto's over, I'll just continue reading Gintama until it replaces it." because if they're already reading Gintama, Toriko, or anything else then they already have their own little place for those manga.

Which, what my whole point has been, that people are going to look at the newer manga's to read alongside those ones to fill in for Naruto, and out of all the manga that have been newly started, BASED ON RANKINGS, MHA seems like the most promising choice. Not many people are willing to catch up 200+ chapters to a series, they'd rather just keep up with the new ones. And there's no point in me trying to make this point anymore since I'll just end up getting quoted, my argument refuted and going to end up looking like an idiot, I'm just going to leave it at this. Jesus Christ.

Thanks

LMAO it's like arguing with an angry brick wall. For one, I do look at the rankings, and top 10 a couple times? It's been in the top 5 consecutively for the past 10 issues. The reason I'm saying it has such a high chance is because lots of the time, even when manga get high ratings on WSJ, if their volumes don't sell well they still get cancelled, or get low ranking but make high sales in their volumes so they stay alive. MHA is sold out of it's first volume in a matter of hours while also getting high ratings in WSJ.

And then to say, I don't even recognize half the series there or acknowledge their popularity in relation to the big 3? I've been reading half of those fucking manga since their oneshots, and the ones that I didn't are the ones that are obviously fucking popular if it's been ongoing for over 6 years. I don't need to have read all of them to know how well they're doing, it's not like I'm a fucking shut-in with no friends that doesn't hear about any other kinds of manga.

Outright lying about the series? How is its sales and ranking not connected to how the story is being developed. Being "cliche as fuck and every single part has been done to the fucking ground a hundred times over. A little shit finds a super power thats super special and he's picked on." and still getting top rankings is proof that even if it's not the most original or unique that people are still being drawn to, how does that not equal good execution. People in Japan just becoming retarded or something to think that and still think of it highly?

And what the fuck do you mean it's shonen, not romantic comedy. As if that has anything to do with a character archetype. Action, Comedy, Romance, School life and Shonen can all be in the same manga, and lots of the time the female archetype for these manga's are all the same, Tsundere. And a character's involvement in the story has nothing to do with her character, so I have no idea what you're trying to say with that second point of yours. Not to mention you completely brush off the female lead pressing your opinion that she won't be important, when she's been relevant since her debut into the raws and has already been more useful than other female leads like Sakura or Orihime.

Like, you won't pay any attention to this manga, yet you make so many claims about its future based on your opinion that, it seems rather than actually looking at the series, you're just trying to pick apart what I said to make yours seem more valid to be completely honest. Seriously, why hate on it and hope for its failure rather than just hope it does well to end on it's own volition. I don't get it.
    ----
    People aren't going to look to one of the ongoing manga's to fill in for Naruto, they all probably already read it and have a separate spot for it, so why not look for something new. Nobody's going to go, "aww man, Naruto's over, I'll just continue reading Gintama until it replaces it." because if they're already reading Gintama, Toriko, or anything else then they already have their own little place for those manga.

Which, what my whole point has been, that people are going to look at the newer manga's to read alongside those ones to fill in for Naruto, and out of all the manga that have been newly started, BASED ON RANKINGS, MHA seems like the most promising choice. Not many people are willing to catch up 200+ chapters to a series, they'd rather just keep up with the new ones. And there's no point in me trying to make this point anymore since I'll just end up getting quoted, my argument refuted and going to end up looking like an idiot, I'm just going to leave it at this. Jesus Christ.
    but it doesn't matter because there wont be a new big three

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

"Not really overhyping"

---------

Lol, obviously you don't know what scene I'm talking about
    Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

----

:/ Still overhyping this?

1. Yeah the top 5 for like 7/10 weeks. So is assasination classroom, fucking judo's is in the top 10. Seriously, ratings on small-time scales are pretty pointless for manga.

2. No, the point is that "popular" and "popular in japan" are two different things. Naruto/Bleach/One Piece all made success because of international popularity. Same with SnK. You can be popular in Japan, but unless you get majority(like OP) then your popularity won't be on the big 3 level.

3. You seem to be making the argument of "it got weekly ratings for a short while, therefor it's good!" It's not. It's awful. I can't even think of one original thing that the series has exhibited this far. Millions of people like twilight and justin bieber, that does not mean that either of those two aren't abominations.

4. Really? Tsundere?
    Like One piece?
    Like Bleach?
    Like Toriko?
    Like Gintama?
    Like Soul Eater?
    Like Hunter X Hunter?
    Like Naruto?
    Like Jojo's?
    >Oh wait, that's not a common trait in shonen main-protagonist. Huh.

5. I read the series. It's shit. I don't hope for it's "failure" but for it to get a thousand percent better. I read the author's other manga as well, so unless he has a divine revelation, it's going to be a shit manga.
    --------------------------------
    6. You seem to not understand how the anime industry changed between then and now. Naruto only got popular in the states because of toonami/advertising. Academy isn't going to get big enough for that and it really doesn't have the potential to do it either with what it's started out with.
    -------------------------------------------------

TL : DR = Don't get your hopes up, many series like this come and go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123