Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm an agnostic myself and I certainly don't like it when christians/theists rub shit in your face saying you will go to hell for not believing what they do. If god is like that and thinks the same thing, he is the biggest asshole out of all the gods..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by outrunbigdaddy1 View Post
    Okay, Since you seem unhappy with my Personal opinion/Experience on the topic

I said it is okay to not believe as long as you don't rub peoples nose in it, if you don't believe and you don't talk about it does it truly affect anyone? Unless someone acts differently towards a person of a religious belief (shunning, disrespecting, trying to convert them to atheism/agnostic) in my Personal Experience with many people I know that do not believe (I don't believe in anything myself) they keep it to themselves and don't try to convert anyone, it's a personal choice. If you thought I was talking about Religious people not trying to convert/rub peoples nose into it, oh hell no, they rub that shit in everyone's face and state everything can be proved by "The Bible"
    The crusades, the bellum sacrum, thirty years war, french wars of religion (there were multiple), Second Sudanese Civil War, Lebanese Civil War, and most notably 9/11. There are many more but I want to stop at 9/11 for a moment. I want you to search up (since I cant post links just yet) moussaoui uscourts prosecution. It is a rather simple looking webpage, but scroll down until you find 'Translation of AQ00093'. Read it all. Is that peaceful? Is that 'not affecting others'?

Ill let you do your own research. If you cant find the website pm me for the link.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I wouldn't consider anything to necessarily be "wrong". That can't be determined until after death, but by then no one will know the answer except the dead.

Can being a Christian be "wrong"? I suppose it is as possible as anything. Maybe the creator (assuming one exists) dislikes Christian worship and therefore punishes them. Sure, a backwards ironic way of looking at things but is it so impossible without knowing 100% that one thing is correct?

Same with an atheist. Maybe a theist views them as "wrong" but if there ends up being no creator or he expects nothing, then are they really incorrect or wrong in their belief?

Personally, I'm an Agnostic-Thiest. I believe there is a creator which is why things exist, but I don't necessarily believe in the current evidence or religion explaining it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuzi56 View Post
    I wouldn't consider anything to necessarily be "wrong". That can't be determined until after death, but by then no one will know the answer except the dead.

Can being a Christian be "wrong"? I suppose it is as possible as anything. Maybe the creator (assuming one exists) dislikes Christian worship and therefore punishes them. Sure, a backwards ironic way of looking at things but is it so impossible without knowing 100% that one thing is correct?

Same with an atheist. Maybe a theist views them as "wrong" but if there ends up being no creator or he expects nothing, then are they really incorrect or wrong in their belief?

Personally, I'm an Agnostic-Thiest. I believe there is a creator which is why things exist, but I don't necessarily believe in the current evidence or religion explaining it.

Thanks
    It's not bad to accept facts for what they are, facts.
    If you live in a country with decent education, you should be able to realise that fairy tales and facts are two separate things and that they should stay separated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Being agnostic in my opinion is slightly ignorant, as the facts are there to be explored. I do however think we all have to be agnostic in a way, as we can never, for example, disprove the existence of god

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldex View Post
    Being agnostic in my opinion is slightly ignorant, as the facts are there to be explored. I do however think we all have to be agnostic in a way, as we can never, for example, disprove the existence of god
    Being agnostic about things is to be honest if you don't know.

God is so loosely defined that you can have god responsible for losing your car-keys or tripping. It's the term "magic" or "supernatural" when you pretend to have an answer but don't really have one.

What created the universe? God.

It's easy. Just shut off your brain for any unanswered question and put "god" in the gap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    honest if you don't know.
    I agree, however I feel it's like a detective walking up to a mystery scene, looking at the clues and going "Welp, someone must have done it and that's that", instead of looking at the clues and making a conclusion, or at least working towards a conclusion

What created the universe? God.

It's easy. Just shut off your brain for any unanswered question and put "god" in the gap.
    You understand being "agnostic" means you don't believe in god, or anything for that matter? It means you believe that you can't know anything, so you therefore lack commitment to any god or atheism, which as I explained above is slightly ignorant in my opinion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    believe in what you want

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I agree, however I feel it's like a detective walking up to a mystery scene, looking at the clues and going "Welp, someone must have done it and that's that", instead of looking at the clues and making a conclusion, or at least working towards a conclusion
    Except in this case the man could have died of natural causes.

That's the point. If conclusive evidence is not present, if there is nothing pointing in one direction, then saying you don't know is the correct answer.

What we have in theism is where there is no evidence but we are blaming the presidents daughter for the crime of murder.

You understand being "agnostic" means you don't believe in god, or anything for that matter? It means you believe that you can't know anything, so you therefore lack commitment to any god or atheism, which as I explained above is slightly ignorant in my opinion
    Agnostic is a position of knowledge, not belief.

It doesn't mean that you believe you can't know anything, it means that you don't know.

Gnostic/agnostic is applicable to any subject.

So yeah, it's going to appear ignorant when you are ignorant of what the words mean in the first place.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

CoupSeven (05-08-2016),Voucher (12-31-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Except in this case the man could have died of natural causes.

That's the point. If conclusive evidence is not present, if there is nothing pointing in one direction, then saying you don't know is the correct answer.

What we have in theism is where there is no evidence but we are blaming the presidents daughter for the crime of murder.

Agnostic is a position of knowledge, not belief.

It doesn't mean that you believe you can't know anything, it means that you don't know.

Gnostic/agnostic is applicable to any subject.

So yeah, it's going to appear ignorant when you are ignorant of what the words mean in the first place.

"An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    "An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine."
    I'm not arguing definitions with you kid. You're simply wrong.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agnostic
    https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agnostic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You can be agnostic and believe that their could exist a god but you just believe that their is most likely none.
    if you're feelings nice donate : 1Acwtp14fkRvG2FUWv9dkchsKfQKf6jHN8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Voucher View Post
    You can be agnostic and believe that their could exist a god but you just believe that their is most likely none.
    Agnostic just means you don't know or claim to know about the subject.

The possibility is never denied by being agnostic.

It's rare to see agnostic theist, but they do exist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Agnostic just means you don't know or claim to know about the subject.

Or more specifically, you claim to know you can't know anything, i.e you believe we will never find out the answers to the origin of the universe, whether there is a god etc. and so you believe in nothing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast