Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    The only truth I know, and this transcends religion, race, ethnic group, or even country. people should do right by other people, that's the only way this world will get better. WE just have to do right by others, help where we can, and stop caring so much about what others think happens after we die, when we die, we wont see them, so why worry. It's whilst we are here, that life is tough enough as it is, that we should help each other out, and make this world a truly great one.
    I agree, and that would be awesome. If only the religion problems in the world today were based entirely on what everyone believes will happen when they die. But, it's much more than that. A person's religion determines the principle they live by, their attitude, how they go about their day, how they treat others, and overall how well they function in a society. And in most cases, these religions are built to function in the culture and society they were started in, and so they do not mix at all. For example, When, either the jews or the muslims i cannot remember, Migrated from where there religion had been based out of for many years and had developed the prohibition of pork consumption, to a new land and turned that area into a jewish/muslim majority, well it turns out this area was big on hogs, and the previous situation this area was in allowed for these hogs to be kept in check. Now, they cant eat pork, so they have no reason to kill these animals, and in a short matter they become over populated. Wouldnt be a problem, only, these animals burrow into the ground to find food, and i mean large holes, so you have an over populated group of animals that burrow into the ground to find food, and because there over populated food becomes scarce and so they dig more and more, and eventually destroy countless crops and kill off miles of forestry. So the jews/muslims are starving and they go back where they came from.

Jist: A religion, without reform, is made for the culture and environment it was largely created in and does not mix well with others without consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawls of steel View Post
    Very good point Liz, but the thing is the bible doesn't say anything
    about not making Muslims or Jews your friends because they are against Jesus.
    Those excerpts I posted earlier are directly from the Qu'ran
    Muslims advocate personal and religious scrutiny
    Fundamentally, they are not a religion of peace.
    They are a religion of self proclaimed superiority.
    Sorry i keep quoting and editing you steel, But Jesus said exactly that which the Qu'ran says about Christians and others.

He told his followers to abandon their family of non believers, he told a man wishing to bury his father before he followed Jesus on their journey and Jesus said to him "Leave the Dead to the Dead and follow me to the kingdom of heaven, For any man who would put his hand to the plow and look back does not belong in my fathers Kingdom."

In other words he's telling the man to leave his father(actually dead) to the rest of his family and friends who are non believers(metaphorically dead) and that by looking back or re thinking leaving behind the "dead" they do not belong in his fathers kingdom(heaven).
    Last edited by cole32547; 11-08-2009 at 03:27 AM.
    ----------------

-------

Cpt. America
    -------

captain america
    -------