Thread: WQW

Thanks

WQW

Hello, I've been out of the picture for a long time to those who remember me. Got back into it because of Divien so here is a new attempt at making new stuf. As time passes life gets harder, money and survival start getting in the way.. so if this fails in some way we'll just release everything we did and call it a day.

Well this paragraph will be about me so if you don't care skip it. I started freelancing two years ago, it's been exhausting but I've learned a lot and know there's a lot more to learn. I'm 23 and have worked 3 years in construction, 2 in a printing center attending the public, and 2 if I recall correctly as a freelancer. Once again I'm only 23 so I think I'm on the right track. Currently I'm doing almost everything I can that has some illustration/design involved. Websites, logos, marketing, illustrations, etc. So trying to do all this while designing for whatever possibility I have. Is just what I like to do...
    Then we have the rest of the team, but if you want to hear their story it should come from them.
    TL;DR: Life is complicated, this is a hobby at the moment.

Honestly I'm not focusing on anything other than design so I could only answer stuff related to that.

I also would like to get involved with other people doing private servers in terms of design as well if you're interested.

Also we're looking for designers to contribute content, just like the old WQW where flash designers were able to upload their work. This time it will be to work as a group and expand a bit more. If you're interested email me or contact me in some way.

At the moment I've done mockups, Divien is the one that modifies the client so all I have to show is the first draft of everything. Currently I'm working on re skinning the GUI however I also plan on doing maps and maybe one or two content pieces just to participate in that. We also have a few ideas that I rather show through a picture than text.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, for me or anyone else in the team. Cheers

To show something here is the trading mockup I made, I talked about it in detail in my blog and if you see anything wrong let me know.
    cris.hobo-studios * . * org/?p=195

Thanks
    Good luck with what you're doing
    Nice to see the older guys back.

Threadstarter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Barrier View Post
    Good luck with what you're doing
    Nice to see the older guys back.
    Thanks hope it works out better than last time!
    Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris. View Post
    Thanks hope it works out better than last time!
    Cheers
    To be honest anything is better as there's almost nothing right now
    Am I right in saying you code in AS3? Or do you know anyone who actively does related to AQW hacking?

Threadstarter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Barrier View Post
    To be honest anything is better as there's almost nothing right now
    Am I right in saying you code in AS3? Or do you know anyone who actively does related to AQW hacking?
    Thats true, it would be awesome if everyone attempted to make their own version and learn some stuff along the way. I saw a few private servers that seem pretty awesome, didn't play any of them. Augoeides looked pretty solid and established, this is all from an outsiders point of view I didn't really try it. I don't code AS3, I had basic knowledge as well, but I have a good idea on game logic when it comes to making new stuff and ideas.

Most people I had around moved on. I stopped coding and focused completely on visuals. Got into the basics of HTML5 to at least know my way around when working with coders. Divien is good but I think pressure might get to him. He should recruit a couple of volunteers as well to take a bit of pressure off.

Honestly I rather be doing my own thing, but I'll leave that to the future when Life won't get in the way. For now I'm happy to get involved again as a hobby to test what I've learnt since last time. If anyone needs anything let me know!

Thanks
    @Cris.
    Sadly I'm only on my phone so I can't give you a detailed response.
    I agree with you - it's awesome that you're around - but use it as a hobby and make more important things a priority for you personally
    Augoiedes is very decent, I've a few friends on their team or who used to be.
    It's interesting how you focused on the artistic side of things, that's pretty neat.
    Anyway, can't wait to see what you come up with :]

Edit - just had a look at your blog posts, really nice work! I wish I could design like that.
    Last edited by Great Barrier; 03-05-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Good Luck !
    You want to buy me a cup of coffee ? please feel free to do so much appreciated Coffee shop
    Fill Free To donate please if i helped you !!

By #JibJabOfCrC

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticlock
    Okay thank you so much! It works.

I'm going to confirm the e-mail switch now.

Threadstarter
    Thanks
    Thanks to both, I still can't post pics so yea I can't show anything yet here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Good Luck !
    Waiting eagerly....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    This server will be amazing.

Thanks
    I vouch, great guy and great artist.