Thread: ~Study time~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

~Study time~

Apperantly my step-father thinks i don't study enough.
    (and he tells me now instead of b4 midterms)
    He thinks this because i got the game Borderlands and i played it 4 like 5 hours today.

So i say to him "most of my stuff is online, and i use my computer to study", and he says Well you play video games ALL DAY every day. And i just laughed, was like "i haven't played my xbox at all b4 two weeks ago, and maybe 1-2 hours a day at that." So i ask him what he meant and he says "i can always here that game's gunfire every day, all the time". Again i haven't played my xbox since 2 weeks, and i still studied. He's one of those guys we all would recognize as a "nerd" who spends less time on his life, and more time on his brain. Except he feels strongly that everyone is lazy because they enjoy themselves.

-Subject brought up cus i'm getting C's. Well honestly i could do better, but my bad habit is, if it doesn't apply to my life in any way, don't need to have that skill-set. I mean trivial knowledge is ok 4 me, but learning why a line on a graph goes 5 different ways, not needed. Basically to me algebra is like D&D, sure all the things apply to the game, but what use are they in real life? And when will i ever play D&D?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Helps you become a well rounded person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    My english teacher told me that too, and then she said she used college algebra every day,

after that she admitted she had no idea what a hypotenuse was for a triangle in our class discussion laterz.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    My english teacher told me that too, and then she said she used college algebra every day,

after that she admitted she had no idea what a hypotenuse was for a triangle in our class discussion laterz.
    hypocrite ftl
    is there even college algebra?
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yeah, and its probally the one class i actually have a problem with in logic, theory, and teacher.

The teacher told us on day 1. "well half of you are going to fail this course"
    I can't help but think he's not a good teacher.

MEETING TRUNKY ON XBOX. OH WAIT, HE DOESNT HAVE IT
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I don't understand basic times tables.

I understand RATHER advanced algebra.

I don't understand decimles.

I understand the humand body and biology systems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You know, i have the ability to memorize the stuff. If i was determined i could ace all my classes. Its just, i don't see the point, like i can see where algebra makes sense, and is applicable.

But college algebra(mine anyway) is ridiculous, i'm learning formulas, answers to questions, that can't exist.

I can understand physics. I get how algebra can apply, but mf, some of these questions i swear are just made to make a pretty picture on the graph.(honestly i'm not saying algebra itself is stupid, its just that the subject i failed on was totally unrelated to any real-life possibilities unless your doing quantum physics, even then i'm not sure)

Honestly i don't wanna be a genius, i just want to live a normal, peaceful life. I don't mind if i have to work my way their, but let it be work that will apply to me.

@stumpy: i'm not sure i understand you, how do you not understand decimals?