[18+] [Anime Movie Reccomendation] The Fake

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
[18+] [Anime Movie Reccomendation] The Fake


Release Date
2013


Genre(s)

Drama, Psychological, Thriller

Plot
With their municipality scheduled to be flooded to make way for the construction of a new dam, the devout denizens of a rural village have placed their faith in Choi Gyeong-seok, a church elder who promises to relocate the flock. Choi tells the villagers they will build a church and a new housing development where they will all be able to live together after the town is completely submerged. He also says that only 144,000 people can go to heaven, and that church offerings are mandatory if one wants to "secure their spot." Even the town's much-revered Reverend Sung, a young and good-looking minister who seemingly has the ability to heal the sick, approves of Choi's plans. Behind his guise of devotion, however, Choi is a practiced con man posing as a representative of a fake religion; his true aim is to defraud the villagers of their resettlement compensation. The only obstacle to the scheme is Kim Min-chul, a skeptical outcast who accidentally discovers evidence of Choi's past misdeeds and suddenly finds himself becoming the center of resistance against the church institution.


What do I think about it?

So it's been a long time since I've done this and I recently gave this movie a go after having it sit in my bookmarks the last few weeks and boy did I love this. Because I live in a very religious family and I myself am religious(not as religious as the ones depicted in this movie) it gave me a good understanding behind the kinds of mentality people have regarding religion and damn did I love this movie. The dark theme and very controversial subject of the movie made it very interesting also, in doing so sadly it made many people steer away from it. However, while this is a very controversial movie the ending made up for it with showing it's true colors and I would reccomend this to anyone wanting to watch this on a trip or on a cold and rainy night. Also this anime has a lot of swearing and a bit of mature scenes so I'll give you guys a warning.


My Rating

9/10

Watch it HERE!


Also here is the explanation to the ending of the movie for you guys that have finished the movie.

 
Ending explained
Q:I didnt get the ending, he went into the cave and started praying at a shrine? So what is that supposed to mean?

A:At the end, he is speaking the "language of the angels". It's a common practice in some protestant churches in South Korea and South America. They say that when a person "receives" the Holy Ghost, this person becomes so connected to God that he starts to talking "strange languages", AKA "language of the angels". In the context of this movie, it means the this guy was the only one in the whole city sincere enough to create a real connection to religion.



Other Anime/Anime Movie recommendations
Harmonie
Can't handle that CG art style for the life of me, man.
Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Can't handle that CG art style for the life of me, man.
If you can look past that it's pretty good mang.
Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Can't handle that CG art style for the life of me, man.
it's korean; they aren't the best xd
Quote Originally Posted by Hachikuji View Post


it's korean; they aren't the best xd
but they make such good rap

Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post


but they make such good rap

Not even good.



This one wasn't to bad.


Only because I actually like Kohh.
Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post


but they make such good rap

Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post


Not even good.



This one wasn't to bad.


Only because I actually like Kohh.
lol outsider is best
Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post

Only because I actually like Kohh.
Kohh is bae #UnderwaterSquad
Is it bad that i actually like Andy Milonakis verse?
Might watch after this tedious breakdown of exams, reports, task and various assignments. THanks for the suggestion.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?