Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Combat Arms: Line of Sight

So this game is basically Combat Arms 2 but worse, from a hacking perspective. Unreal Engine is a lot more vulnerable to exploits than Lithtech ever was. Looks kinda fun though. Brings the memories of old CA times with a new look and feel. Too bad it's only being run by Nexon Europe. Nexon America has no interest in it currently.

Hopefully this section grows and is capable of expanding out to another one. Also, if anyone wants the current UE3 Combat Arms: Line of Sight Closed Beta SDK, let me know and I'll make a thread with it here.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

bog624 (06-02-2015),Chhaos. (04-20-2015),fallscap (05-02-2016),Gaydow (04-08-2015),Haglund (06-05-2015),RuShi (08-20-2016),stefanodegennaro1 (06-03-2015),Templar (08-04-2015),Timboy67678 (04-08-2015),xhevanlyx (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I'd be interested in that SDK
    GOOD TRADES: 5
    BAD TRADES: 0

TIMES I WENT FIRST:3

TIMES THEY WENT FIRST:2

OMM USED:0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    So this game is basically Combat Arms 2 but worse, from a hacking perspective. Unreal Engine is a lot more vulnerable to exploits than Lithtech ever was. Looks kinda fun though. Brings the memories of old CA times with a new look and feel. Too bad it's only being run by Nexon Europe. Nexon America has no interest in it currently.

Hopefully this section grows and is capable of expanding out to another one. Also, if anyone wants the current UE3 Combat Arms: Line of Sight Closed Beta SDK, let me know and I'll make a thread with it here.
    No ..... Just No..... LOL Lithtech Jupiter is WAY more exploitable than Unreal. but that's beside the fact

it does look like a cool game, just wish my PC could run it

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    No ..... Just No..... LOL Lithtech Jupiter is WAY more exploitable than Unreal. but that's beside the fact

it does look like a cool game, just wish my PC could run it
    Not publicly. It was harder to actually GET to the point where you could exploit it as far as you can with Unreal Engine.

There's a step by step public tutorial for dumping the SDK of an Unreal Engine 3 game. The SDK provides you a lot more than anyone ever reversed out of CA.

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

gaminochris (11-27-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Not publicly. It was harder to actually GET to the point where you could exploit it as far as you can with Unreal Engine.

There's a step by step public tutorial for dumping the SDK of an Unreal Engine 3 game. The SDK provides you a lot more than anyone ever reversed out of CA.
    Not really. The only reason CA was originally so difficult was because no one realized (outside the modding community) that the game engine was public and could be downloaded, then combined with includes to do things like S2S until it was late in the games existence.

Back when Rez chams first came out, we had a hidden section for just modders on another site, where we had the game engine about a full 4 months prior to any public knowledge of it even existing publicly. I tried telling hackers here about it, but they all shoved me to the side because this was still when modders and hackers were like cats and mice; just didn't mix and didn't like each other at all. Half the reason i started making hacks and basically forcing my way into helping with features with others was to prove it lol

i'll always stand by it; a modder will always know a game engine better than a coder

but yes you are right about Unreal being a terrible choice.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

BenXer (09-07-2015),bog624 (06-02-2015),Chhaos. (04-20-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Unreal engine is alot easier to hack. Anyhow, Finally something I have somewhat experience in because i didn't know shit about lithtech.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/207-combat...base-yolo.html

Biggest Leecher in History

Leeching Libary - NEOHACKS

Is this so neo[/SPOILER]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

True but the unreal engine is designed with hacks in mind, remember CA in its original lithtech form had godmode by freezing the health value in cheatengine.

CA will have more serious vulns compared to the unreal engine until they are exploited and patched.

In terms of sdk, NOLF2 is still incredibly similar to CA and ive found many serious exploits such as the GM controls from just looking through which was a lot more fun than just calling some functions in a generated sdk.

i'll always stand by it; a modder will always know a game engine better than a coder
    A modder knows the non code aspects of the game engine, but i still think the engine is 80% code.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to matypatty For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (04-10-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by matypatty View Post

True but the unreal engine is designed with hacks in mind, remember CA in its original lithtech form had godmode by freezing the health value in cheatengine.

CA will have more serious vulns compared to the unreal engine until they are exploited and patched.

In terms of sdk, NOLF2 is still incredibly similar to CA and ive found many serious exploits such as the GM controls from just looking through which was a lot more fun than just calling some functions in a generated sdk.

A modder knows the non code aspects of the game engine, but i still think the engine is 80% code.
    The only reason I disagree when it comes to CA about modders knowing more than the hackers is largely due the fact that you can literally create an entire new game with no source code access. Just modify textures, attributes, 3d models, clientfx, and maps... whole new game. The only reason you'd ever need source code access would be to add NEW features and NEW/MORE weapons/characters since this engine is pretty much RAN on an ID system. and even then, you remember old TPS we worked on. You just found the addresses and we added features without source code access.

Engines like Unity, Unreal, and other new ones, you do need a bit more of an idea with coding to do anything to the games. Although (and i know this is slightly off subject), It's the exact opposite with mobile games like for android and iOS. a hacker who reverses those games will know more than a modder. :P

13. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

bog624 (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    But I wanna play it :c

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The only reason I disagree when it comes to CA about modders knowing more than the hackers is largely due the fact that you can literally create an entire new game with no source code access. Just modify textures, attributes, 3d models, clientfx, and maps... whole new game. The only reason you'd ever need source code access would be to add NEW features and NEW/MORE weapons/characters
    If you're creating a new game, it has to have new stuff. If you just change around the models and maps, it's not a new game. It's the same game with different models and a different look.

You can't make a "new game" out of it unless you actually make it a new game.

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

If you're creating a new game, it has to have new stuff. If you just change around the models and maps, it's not a new game. It's the same game with different models and a different look.

You can't make a "new game" out of it unless you actually make it a new game.
    oh i'll break out screen shots to prove my point XP lol

When creating game modes in Lithtech, you don't need any source code access to control anything like the NPC's, where as 90% of other game engines today, it's all code based.
    Strings and scripting of lines characters say in game are largely in attributes, and (if its not packed) you can modify the strings in CShell and Lithtech (CA's Engine) with simple tools like PE Explorer.
    There's about 15 unused weapon ID's in Contract Jack, so technically, yes you can add new weapons without code access.
    There's also things called Command Strings in lithtech which you can use to script 99% of what the engine does at any given time.

This is why the files like Object lto, cshell, clientfx and engine (lithtech) are actually so small in file size; it's because the files in the GAME folder in the rez files actually do all the work ^_^ it's because you didn't stick to modding that you don't understand it

And a good way to actually realize this is open CA's Engine exe next to No One Lives Forever 2's Lithtech exe. You'll find TONS of similarities. Doobic Studios didn't do shit when they created CA. They literally modded NOLF2 in the same way we started creating CAPS way back when. THEN they went into the source code and added/fixed/modified/updated stuff.

If you get a beta old enough of CA (i have one of the private beta builds here somewhere that i used for this awhile back), you'll see that the Engine exe and Lithtech-dev exe of NOLF2 are 95% identical.

but enough about this

They went Unreal 3 on this? Why wouldn't they go UE4? It's so much better and works on far more computers more smoothly. I can't play almost any UE3 games on my PC, but I can run UE4 demo games lag free at Medium quality

17. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

bog624 (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I like the game a lot but the character seem to bug when it walks on obstacles.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    gonna get this thx

- - - Updated - - -

Cool asf

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I'll have a new PC soon actually... can't wait for this now. Something new to play with once i'm bored of Rush Racing.

Thanks
    the hype rises

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast