Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I Suppose You Could Call This a Rant

So, I am the kind of guy that refreshes the MPGH Realm of the Mad God Private Servers page once every hour or two just to see what the community is coming up with

Frankly, I am not impressed.

Not only is everyone just trying to use the newest released server sources, but everyone is just setting it up bare-bones because no one knows how to change or add anything. One gets tired of playing the same thing over and over again. I absolutely hate bare-bones servers. Private Servers are so you can make your own content for other people to play and enjoy! People should take more advantage of that opportunity! A Bare-bones prod Fabiano source is not going to be popular at all. Have fun with the first 20 or so people you might be able to get on for the first week, but after they realize you aren't giving away free ranks or that all your server will ever be is a bare-bones sourced server they will leave.

That's another thing. Fabiano Source. I really do not recommended that anyone who doesn't understand XML to set it up. A huge majority of behaviors are missing and even some of the dungeon maps are missing. If you are gonna set up Fabiano, be sure you know how to fix it first. If you can't, go with something that needs less editing... There are plenty of different sources out there you don't have to use the newest released one because newest released does not necessarily a good source make (Yoda'd it up right there).

Another thing is, everyone is trying to take on the making of a server by themselves. You can't do everything and even if you could do all the editing, all the spriting, all the xml's by yourself.... You wouldn't be on the server 24/7, who will moderate the players? Who will keep the moderators in check? Simple fact of the matter is you need more than just yourself to run a proper server

And finally, what happened to the big projects? I may not have been apart of this comunity around this time, but I know there was a time when the private server section was flooded with a few large projects, rather than hundreds of tiny projects. Phoenix Realms is a good example of a well made large project. Made by a good team of coders and has tons of new content for players to enjoy!

I want to see more new! more.... Creativity! More teamwork within the community to make bigger and better projects!

I hope this little rant helps people that currently have a server, realize what players of your server are looking for. Or, if you haven't set up a server, at least maybe this will help you think a bit about how you are gonna set it up a server and what source to use.
    Last edited by crusadorzach; 06-02-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Staff Manager of Villoux Realms
    Global Moderator for Fremminik Realms Forums and Admin for Fremminik Realms Server
    Spriter/Moderator for Realms Resolution Server
    Spriter for Project B
    Helper of Owl Realms

• Spriting
    • Moderating
    • XML Item Coding
    • Item Testing/Balancing
    • Dungeon Testing/Balancing

Normal Text Style:
    MAIN TEXT
    SUB TEXT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crusadorzach For This Useful Post:

darkelfzell (06-02-2015),Fawflance (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Just start a fresh Club559 its more stable, easy to set up, and easy to get started.
    Build it in your own styles instead of taking others.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to darkelfzell For This Useful Post:

crusadorzach (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by darkelfzell View Post
    Just start a fresh Club559 its more stable, easy to set up, and easy to get started.
    Plus one to rep and a thanks good sir, very true indeed

Global Moderator for Fremminik Realms Forums and Admin for Fremminik Realms Server
    Spriter for Project B
    Helper of Owl Realms

• Spriting
    • Moderating
    • XML Item Coding
    • Item Testing/Balancing

Normal Text Style:
    MAIN TEXT
    SUB TEXT

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by darkelfzell View Post
    i prefer creepy, imo more fun fixing and creating content for that insted of clubs :3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cxydsaewq For This Useful Post:

Silvus (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadorzach View Post
    So, I am the kind of guy that refreshes the MPGH Realm of the Mad God Private Servers page once every hour or two just to see what the community is coming up with

Not only is everyone just trying to use the newest released server sources, but everyone is just setting it up bare-bones because no one knows how to change or add anything. One gets tired of playing the same thing over and over again. I absolutely hate bare-bones servers. Private Servers are so you can make your own content for other people to play and enjoy! People should take more advantage of that opportunity! A Bare-bones prod Fabiano source is not going to be popular at all. Have fun with the first 20 or so people you might be able to get on for the first week, but after they realize you aren't giving away free ranks or that all your server will ever be is a bare-bones sourced server they will leave.

That's another thing. Fabiano Source. I really do not recommended that anyone who doesn't understand XML to set it up. A huge majority of behaviors are missing and even some of the dungeon maps are missing. If you are gonna set up Fabiano, be sure you know how to fix it first. If you can't, go with something that needs less editing... There are plenty of different sources out there you don't have to use the newest released one because newest released does not necessarily a good source make (Yoda'd it up right there).

Another thing is, everyone is trying to take on the making of a server by themselves. You can't do everything and even if you could do all the editing, all the spriting, all the xml's by yourself.... You wouldn't be on the server 24/7, who will moderate the players? Who will keep the moderators in check? Simple fact of the matter is you need more than just yourself to run a proper server

And finally, what happened to the big projects? I may not have been apart of this comunity around this time, but I know there was a time when the private server section was flooded with a few large projects, rather than hundreds of tiny projects. Phoenix Realms is a good example of a well made large project. Made by a good team of coders and has tons of new content for players to enjoy!

I want to see more new! more.... Creativity! More teamwork within the community to make bigger and better projects!

I hope this little rant helps people that currently have a server, realize what players of your server are looking for. Or, if you haven't set up a server, at least maybe this will help you think a bit about how you are gonna set it up a server and what source to use.
    I didn't read any of this cause of ur font x.x
    Bruh
    Pl0x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post

I didn't read any of this cause of ur font x.x
    Bruh
    Pl0x

Just put it in your font, color and size. Hope you can read it now
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    I am not planning to release a server, and probably never will. To be honest, I started with Club's source about 2 years ago. So I got bored and switched to Fabiano, I mean Club's for two years isn't the most entertaining. I've already gotten custom monsters working and so far have only made proper Pirate Cave, Forest Maze and Ice Cave behaviors. Really, it is not that hard to add anything... you don't need to be 'experienced' with XML or C#, you just need to not be a complete noob. There are so many people using the new sources because, well, it's the first one they find browsing down the 'Realm of the Mad God Private Server Tutorials/Source Code' section. This is some good advice, duck king, and in my opinion, this is a rant from Jesus.

Also, behaviors aren't made in XML...
    Last edited by hydranoid800; 06-03-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by hydranoid800 View Post
    I am not planning to release a server, and probably never will. To be honest, I started with Club's source about 2 years ago. So I got bored and switched to Fabiano, I mean Club's for two years isn't the most entertaining. I've already gotten custom monsters working and so far have only made proper Pirate Cave, Forest Maze and Ice Cave behaviors. Really, it is not that hard to add anything... you don't need to be 'experienced' with XML or C#, you just need to not be a complete noob. There are so many people using the new sources because, well, it's the first one they find browsing down the 'Realm of the Mad God Private Server Tutorials/Source Code' section. This is some good advice, duck king, and in my opinion, this is a rant from Jesus.

Also, behaviors aren't made in XML...

I see what you did there, referencing old Fremminik Realms. The Duck King lives on only in our hearts now.
    A rant from Jesus? Mkay den.
    I didn't know behaviors weren't made in XML, lol, I know absolutely nothing! I just know that items are XML and just assumed

Spriter for Project B
    Helper of Owl Realms

• Spriting
    • Moderating
    • XML Item Coding
    • Item Testing/Balancing

Normal Text Style:
    MAIN TEXT
    SUB TEXT