Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

What is the story with getting VAC banned? How does it happen?

I have been VAC banned twice now from CS:GO, and I was wondering, what is it that gets you banned exactly.

I'm guessing the major determining factor is the hacking software you are using gets detected by VAC, or by using it incorrectly. This happened to me on two occasions: I was using a hack tool that crashed my game twice and immediately presented me with a VAC ban. The other time I tried using clockwork's after the new patch and it crashed the game, but the thing is I wasn't immediately VAC banned. I was found out by a few players, and they reported me, but from what I hear unless you are continuously reported, that is when VAC gives a shit.

To some this thread is probably obvious in that all these factors play a part in getting you banned, but I'm looking at starting a new account and hacking using clockwork's. Just so I know what to be cautious about.

Sorry if my English is bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    dont hack if dont want VAC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGuy098 For This Useful Post:

HiiTman_KiLLer (06-30-2015)

Thanks
    VAC checks for signatures, similar to how old school virus scanners worked before they started analyzing heuristics. In short, this means that VAC has a database of information (called "signatures") for various cheats and when you're playing the game, VAC will scan the programs running on your computer to see if any of them match the list of known cheats. If one is found, you get a VAC ban. VAC bans seem to generally come in waves that are weeks apart. This is to make it more difficult for cheaters to know which cheat was detected by VAC.

Untrusted Bans are when you send bad data to a server. This most likely happens from sending bad angles. Untrusted bans turn into VAC bans.

Game Ban is a ban by Overwatch. This means that other players reported you in game, and then a demo of your game was played for multiple Overwatch Investigators who concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that you were cheating. It's often claimed that Game Bans turn into VAC bans, but what might be happening in those situations is the player gets a Game Ban by Overwatch and then later gets a VAC ban during the next wave.
    Last edited by k3jl7h; 06-30-2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Corrected misinformation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    OW is when you cheat like you don't give a fuck, VAC is when the hack gets detected by volvo

- - - Updated - - -

you need 7 reports in 24h to go to the OW pool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    you were probably obvious, like most cheaters are

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    VAC ban = You have been banned because a.) VAC detected a cheat by reading your process signatures b.) You have been flagged before and manually got banned by a VAC-employee (Very rare, idk how you can get flagged). However VAC has NOTHING to do with reports.

OW-ban = You have been banned by overwatch. Means you got a lot of reports for playing too obvious, after that your replay got send to multiple overwatcher and they determined you guilty for cheating. After that you will see something ingame like: "Your account is permanently untrusted" or "Global Cooldown". This will turn into a VAC ban after a period of time.

Prevent VAC-ban?

There are a couple of programs wich make it harder for VAC to receive the right signatures. However none of them will make the hack completely undetectable. Following programs will probably lower the chance of getting VACd..

...Enigma
    ...VMprotect
    ...Polyloader (only works for polyhacks)
    ...Haschchanger

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meatstake For This Useful Post:

sennapt (06-30-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    My last VAC was because I accidentally compiled an outdated hack...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Just to clarify the misinformation above, Overwatch bans do not turn into VAC bans. Only untrusted bans do. Overwatch bans are a type of game ban, and they have nothing to do with VAC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennapt View Post
    you need 7 reports in 24h to go to the OW pool
    This is nonsense and you have no data to back this up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thanks for the help fellas