Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed

    No Emotion or Desires

    If you cant read a few paragraphs, gtfo now please


    Well, you guys can say whatever you want in this thread, but I'd prefer serious answers.

    For the longest time I've had no real emotions or desires for really anything. I don't care about anything really and I'm not sure why.

    When someone tells me something tragic or i see it on the news, like lets say two kids were shot and stabbed at school, i feel no emotion, I'm not phased one bit. And 90% of the time, any answer I have to anything is almost always "I don't care" and this isnt just to say it. I honestly dont care about most things in my life, and its not like i try too.

    I always think to myself, "Things would be better if i could have some emotion about it" even being sad or scared about something would be great to me. Most of the time i try to "act" like i care, for instance my friend told me about a guy who stabbed his girlfriend to death at school. This kind of tragic event SHOULD evoke some sort of feeling in me, thus i try to act like it. I'll say, "Wow thats so sad" or something but in all honestly i dont give a fuck

    Most of the time i do things because i KNOW its what im supposed to do. If i see someone crying i try to cheer them up, not because i give a damn, but because i KNOW i should give a damn and thats what i should do.
    If i see someone drop a pencil by me, i pick it up because i KNOW i should, but in all honesty i dont care at all.

    It happens with my mom a lot, i make her feel so terrible almost everyday, and she'll cry occasionally because she goes off about everything i do to make her feel like shit. Obviously i should be feeling some sort of remorse, its my mom for god sake, but in my head im thinking "WTF are you crying for?" or something like that

    Im 16 years old, yet i have no interest in anything. Kids my age should be wanting to drive, get more responsibility and freedom, etc but i honestly have no desire for any of these things. I look at driving as a responsibility i dont want, just something else i'll have to do. The only reason im getting a job is to get a new computer, not to get more responsibilities or to "grow-up" but simply for my own gain.
    Ive done some research on it and I've read many stories of people who basically are just like me and a lot of the suggestions suggest that:
    • apathetic
    • depressed
    • anxiety
    • bipolar
    I am an extremely anti-social person, and i have almost complete absence of emotion. I consider myself agnostic because i have no religious preference, i go to a catholic private school, yet i dont do the sign of the cross, recieve communion, or even pray. so i am definitely apathetic.

    I dont think im depressed, ive been through a couple depressed stages and I know what its like. I dont feel empty, or wanna kill myself, i just have no real sense of emotion.

    i dont think i have anxiety because im never really worried about anything. I dont get nervous or feel a sense of doom like everyone says. Im not sure what else there is to anxiety so feel free to let me know

    As far as being bipolar, it kinda makes sense to me. One minute i can go from being happy and treating my family good, to being irritated as fuck and treat everyone like shit. But this would cancel out the feeling of me not having emotion i believe

    Anyways, if anyone has some insight or would like to leave intelligent responses, please do so.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InHuman For This Useful Post:

    compaq soul (10-13-2011),iGaz (10-13-2011),ydocsmada (10-13-2011)

  3. #2
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    I suggest talking to a psychologist.
    There are places that offer this kind of help for free,
    so don't let money stop you from doing it.
    I don't have a degree in human psych,
    So I personally couldn't steer you in the right direction.
    If you are bipolar, or battling with depression, then you pretty much have chemical imbalances in your brain,
    and a shrink might be able to suggest a medication that will help you to balance this.
    That's about all I got for ya man.

    I can relate though either way. I'm a little older than you are but I've been in the same boat for a long time.
    Unfortunately I never took my own advice, and continue to be pretty much null and void.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Ed (10-13-2011),Nyan Cat (10-13-2011)

  5. #3
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Congrats, you're a sociopath, welcome to the club.

  6. #4
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I suggest talking to a psychologist.
    There are places that offer this kind of help for free,
    so don't let money stop you from doing it.
    I don't have a degree in human psych,
    So I personally couldn't steer you in the right direction.
    If you are bipolar, or battling with depression, then you pretty much have chemical imbalances in your brain,
    and a shrink might be able to suggest a medication that will help you to balance this.
    That's about all I got for ya man.

    I can relate though either way. I'm a little older than you are but I've been in the same boat for a long time.
    Unfortunately I never took my own advice, and continue to be pretty much null and void.
    thanks for the suggestions man, i knew once i saw you in the thread i'd be ready to read some intelligent advice, you and a few others are the posts i was waiting for

    anyways, i dont think im battling depression, i know what i want to do in life, and i dont think my life is meaningless. I dont contemplate suicide ever.. i just have a lack of emotion in almost every aspect of life

    the one thing that really brings emotion out is with my girlfriend, which is why i said im almost lacking emotion completely. I care about her so much, more than myself most of the time, so i know i have emotions somewhat

    but yeah, i think im going to psychologist, thanks for the help man

  7. #5
    Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18,294
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    In Love
    Sounded like me up to the mum bit
    I don't talk to mine

    I love going out but I've pretty much given up caring about anything
    Nothing I do seems exciting or fun
    I do it because I can
    also need help





  8. #6
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Sounded like me up to the mum bit
    I don't talk to mine

    I love going out but I've pretty much given up caring about anything
    Nothing I do seems exciting or fun
    I do it because I can
    also need help
    yeah somewhat the same with me, like when friends ask me to hangout i honestly have no desire to, but i do because it makes them feel good you know? same when people say they miss me, i say it back because its the nice thing to do but i dont really miss them at all

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to InHuman For This Useful Post:

    Jakob (10-13-2011)

  10. #7
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    In all seriousness. You probably have Antisocial Personality Disorder. Sociopaths are often apathetic and insensitive. They can be very manipulative, having trouble maintaining relationships. And as the name suggests they are introverted.

  11. #8
    Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18,294
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post


    yeah somewhat the same with me, like when friends ask me to hangout i honestly have no desire to, but i do because it makes them feel good you know? same when people say they miss me, i say it back because its the nice thing to do but i dont really miss them at all
    i think I gave up living for myself a while ago
    I do shit for my friends and others now
    I passed caring what people thought of me 2 years ago
    Back then I still used to love doing things
    Fucking sucks
    Earlier this year i used to be happy just staying at home playing xbox now when I do it i just get bored/angry at it
    I get occasional moments when I feel happy/really want to do one thing

    I was going to make a thread about it soon as well





  12. #9
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    In all seriousness. You probably have Antisocial Personality Disorder. Sociopaths are often apathetic and insensitive. They can be very manipulative, having trouble maintaining relationships. And as the name suggests they are introverted.
    i was just about to ask you to expand on what a "Sociopath" is exactly. And everything you just said describes me, yet i maintain relationships fine. With people i actually want to talk to, im very good at being close with people.

    and im VERY outgoing, i talk to random people all the time..i'll be walking in the mall and see someone with a Lakers shirt on and be like "oh waddup man Lakers are my team!" or something

    but when it comes to groups and going places, like parties, dances, football games, etc., im just like fuck that too many people


    @Love im a very selfish person though, almost everything i do is to benefit me
    so i honestly dont know whats going on in my head a lot of the time

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to InHuman For This Useful Post:

    Ed (10-13-2011)

  14. #10
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post

    i was just about to ask you to expand on what a "Sociopath" is exactly. And everything you just said describes me, yet i maintain relationships fine. With people i actually want to talk to, im very good at being close with people.

    and im VERY outgoing, i talk to random people all the time..i'll be walking in the mall and see someone with a Lakers shirt on and be like "oh waddup man Lakers are my team!" or something

    but when it comes to groups and going places, like parties, dances, football games, etc., im just like fuck that too many people


    @Love im a very selfish person though, almost everything i do is to benefit me
    so i honestly dont know whats going on in my head a lot of the time
    But you have no desire to maintain social contact for prolonged periods of time. You have a charming and outgoing demeanor.

  15. #11
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post


    thanks for the suggestions man, i knew once i saw you in the thread i'd be ready to read some intelligent advice, you and a few others are the posts i was waiting for

    anyways, i dont think im battling depression, i know what i want to do in life, and i dont think my life is meaningless. I dont contemplate suicide ever.. i just have a lack of emotion in almost every aspect of life

    the one thing that really brings emotion out is with my girlfriend, which is why i said im almost lacking emotion completely. I care about her so much, more than myself most of the time, so i know i have emotions somewhat

    but yeah, i think im going to psychologist, thanks for the help man
    Anytime bro.

    I'm not sure what type of living setting you are in,
    but I grew up in pretty shitty sections of the city,
    and that type of lifestyle, just observing others apathy tends to wear at you after awhile.
    I remember the first time I took a trip out to Vermont when I was younger, and I was like..."fuck"
    Everybody was so much more neighborly,and lacked the straight up ignorance of city peeps.

  16. #12
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    But you have no desire to maintain social contact for prolonged periods of time. You have a charming and outgoing demeanor.
    EXACTLY! excluding a few close friends, all my social relations are short lived because i lose interest in the other person. I stop caring about them so i stop talking to them

  17. #13
    Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18,294
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post

    i was just about to ask you to expand on what a "Sociopath" is exactly. And everything you just said describes me, yet i maintain relationships fine. With people i actually want to talk to, im very good at being close with people.

    and im VERY outgoing, i talk to random people all the time..i'll be walking in the mall and see someone with a Lakers shirt on and be like "oh waddup man Lakers are my team!" or something

    but when it comes to groups and going places, like parties, dances, football games, etc., im just like fuck that too many people


    @Love im a very selfish person though, almost everything i do is to benefit me
    so i honestly dont know whats going on in my head a lot of the time
    us 16 y/o kids are fucked these days
    I half think it's because we've all been to parties and shit.
    I really don't feel excitement in do anything. The only thing that makes me remotely happy is doing something for someone and seeing them happy because of it.
    One of my friends goes hunting with his dad all the time.
    It isn't that fun but I go to shoot stuff and talk to them





  18. #14
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post

    us 16 y/o kids are fucked these days
    I half think it's because we've all been to parties and shit.
    I really don't feel excitement in do anything. The only thing that makes me remotely happy is doing something for someone and seeing them happy because of it.
    One of my friends goes hunting with his dad all the time.
    It isn't that fun but I go to shoot stuff and talk to them
    see but ive gone to two parties since 8th grade, i have no desire to ever be at one with that many people
    i'd rather spend time with my 2-3 close friends, or my girlfriend, than go to a place with tons of kids i dont know and never want to know

  19. #15
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I spend my spare time on Documenting Reality.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. we need more emotes
    By xEnd in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
  2. didn't lose my emotion things
    By ace76543 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
  3. New Emotions!
    By arunforce in forum News & Announcements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. MPGH VIP CONTEST - Custom Emotions
    By arunforce in forum Hack/Release News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 09:23 AM
  5. MPGH Custom Emotions - VIP CONTEST
    By arunforce in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 09:21 AM