Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Day 1 Exploit: Edition 1 (Theory)

On day one, should the riot shield make it's way back into the game (which is complete speculation at this point), the riot shield is the first thing that exploiters will run to.

Glitches may be found etc, by those who look for them, but for normal players the Riot Shield will be the cool new thing to do all over again.

Riot shield "Boosting" as it is known from Modern Warfare 2, is when a player grabs a shield and then a member of the enemy team (often a friend, or a stranger who agreed to boost) shoots the shield which gains the shield user points for deflecting the bullets. It could be used in combination with enemy killstreaks such as the sentry gun or harrier (if angled right) for INCREDIBLE amounts of points with no work at all, and no damage to their K/D ratio

Now obviously, this wasn't THAT big of a deal in Modern Warfare 2 as the only people who did it were those who were trying to prestige very quickly.

The problem is: In Modern Warfare 3, there are "Pointstreaks", yes, by now you should see what I'm getting at.

A player could theoretically sit without ever moving and get to their streak with 0 effort, and in fact, 0 kills at all, while also capturing 0 objectives.

Players will get their points for deflecting bullets, reach their "pointstreak" and from what I hear, you can reset it after you reach the last one. They won't even have to die to start over their boosting again. They can get infinite points (within reason, obviously, metaphor) without ever having to actually do anything.

However: Some people think based on the survival trailer you will be able to shoot through it eventually if they sustain enough fire. (Personally, I don't see this happening in multiplayer if the shield did make a comeback, but I'll humor you.) The problem is, even if that did happen, they will never just make your weapon break. At most it has a set amount of "health" and after sustaining fire it will start to weaken. I assume that, just like a player, 5 seconds of not taking damage, and the shield will return to full health. Waiting 5 seconds in between large amounts of points for doing nothing at all and getting all your pointstreaks? Count me in.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 08-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Hmm, you might think too far. The game isn't even out yet and you already know the bugs it's gonna have.

First of all, mw2 had that bug, it will be probably patched. There will be a private beta + you can test it at the reveal on September 2 & 3.

Secondly, if you look at the survival reveal trailer, at 1 min 47 you can clearly see that riots can break after a couple of damage.

Thanks
    BURN BIATCH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PP_CrazyApple View Post
    Hmm, you might think too far. The game isn't even out yet and you already know the bugs it's gonna have.

First of all, mw2 had that bug, it will be probably patched. There will be a private beta + you can test it at the reveal on September 2 & 3.

Secondly, if you look at the survival reveal trailer, at 1 min 47 you can clearly see that riots can break after a couple of damage.
    Finish reading my post then. I already went over the "breaking" of the shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Three Tears View Post
    BURN BIATCH
    That was hardly a burn.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 08-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Your point being? Every game has exploits. Every game can be exploited. Very few developers exist actually play test their games to the point where there is not at least one exploit available.

If its big enough, or existed in previous games, it will be patched/removed altogether.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Why do I have to have a point?

For some reason you think I've never played a Call of Duty and I just outright try to discredit everything it is. I have liked Call of Duty, I used to love it, I shunned the thought of playing any other game, but times change. The game went nowhere and the game has only gone downhill, in mine, and a lot of other's opinion.

I would love the game to be better than past CoDs. There's nothing wrong with having two games to play, but at this rate it's going to get a campaign run-through from me, and only because my 10 year old brother is going to buy it.

Excuse me for trying to start a discussion about a "possible" exploit. I wasn't aware I couldn't do that without people jumping down my throat.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 08-17-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    Why do you make so many assumptions? I never said anything about you saying CoD was going downhill. I pointed out that every game has exploits, (including Battlefield, if you really want to go there) and was completely on topic.

And yes, if you want to make a topic, there needs to be a point to it.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    All he literally asked was people's opinions on the subject, not to be criticized on what he was posting about.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    All he literally asked was people's opinions on the subject, not to be criticized on what he was posting about.
    And my opinion was given.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    i agree with ^ but you seem to know about bugs before its out as other people stated the riot brakes now and apparently no exp is giving for shooting it Please dont make assumptions without fully understanding the games mechanics or how the So called riot shield works he wanted opinion heres my opinion in a nutshell Stop posting shit nuff said

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    hahah ahhh, no. thanks for your "theory" even if it was complete bullshit.
    - my opinion, seeing as you asked.

Thanks
    come play css where the exploits haven't been fixed since 1999.

Thanks
    You're all ignorant haters who can't comprehend simple thoughts.

Glad I gave up on this community a while ago.

Thanks
    You ask for peoples opinions on your (fairly extravagant and totally off the wall) theory, and then call people ignorant when they give it to you?

Neat story guy.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Why do I have to have a point?

For some reason you think I've never played a Call of Duty and I just outright try to discredit everything it is. I have liked Call of Duty, I used to love it, I shunned the thought of playing any other game, but times change. The game went nowhere and the game has only gone downhill, in mine, and a lot of other's opinion.

I would love the game to be better than past CoDs. There's nothing wrong with having two games to play, but at this rate it's going to get a campaign run-through from me, and only because my 10 year old brother is going to buy it.

Excuse me for trying to start a discussion about a "possible" exploit. I wasn't aware I couldn't do that without people jumping down my throat.
    If you think logically, they made the same bug in MW2, i'm sure they won't make the same mistake in mw3....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast