Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Islam vs. Slavery

So it has been a long time, I'm refreshing this.

Islam approves of slavery:

Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Slavery - WikiIslam

/discuss.
    Last edited by Empire; 08-31-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Bringing the peaceful verses of Qur'an says Islam doesn't change its facts by the Qur'an.
    Bringing your verses which you quoted from the Qur'an says Qur'an proves that Islam is not peaceful , when it isn't.

Anyways , let's start talking about the main point which is slavery , the slavery itself isn't an Islamic problem :/ It is a human's problem , Islam never said "be a slave" or something that invites you to get slaves , Islam itself said in the Arabic Qur'an not the english one that no one after Islam is called a slave but something like who helps you (can't explain or translate it) but Islam banned the word "slave" in arabic because no one is a slave except for allah , the english translations translated it to slaves because that's why I said Arabic x100 harder than English , what about Qur'an which is hard for arabians themselves ?
    Feel free to donate for me.
    My PayPal: TomLCadena@teleworm.us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Also slavery in Islam which isn't slavery in the arabic Qur'an is coming from the wars against those who fight you and they don't believe in Allah , I mean If I'm against someone who wants to fight me and didn't declare peace and I captured one of them this means slave in English but not slave in Arabic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You do know it says this stuff in arabic too right? I just gave english translations because this is well, an english site.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I don't approve nor disapprove of slavery. I'll explain. If you are talking about slavery where people are abducted and forced to work, where they don't get paid and are barely kept alive. If you are talking about this then I would strongly have to disagree - thinking back this is probably based of the way I grew up, If I grew up where this wasn't looked down upon I would have a different opinion.

On the other hand if you mean slavery as in sort of a butler/maid but worse(i guess) I honestly don't care. If people willingly decide that they want to be a slave and is under good conditions of work and sleep, if they were given pay and food I really wouldn't mind it. Thinking about this; I don't really think this type of slavery exists. If you mean slavery as in 'spoils of war' then I don't have an opinion. I'll simply say "It's the spoils of war I guess."
    Last edited by Pillows and Poo; 09-03-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar.

Thanks
    This isn't about whether you approve of slavery or disapprove, this is about Islam and the notations of slavery being acceptable in the Qur'an. (Speaking to the poster above me)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    This isn't about whether you approve of slavery or disapprove, this is about Islam and the notations of slavery being acceptable in the Qur'an. (Speaking to the poster above me)
    I know you're speaking to the user above you but look , It isn't really an Islamic / Qur'an problem nor It is acceptable by Qur'an , Look slave in Arabic means : عبد , but the word slavery is banned in Islam , the word I'm talking about in arabic is : جاريه ,غلام so no religion banned slavery because It was never a religious problem , It is a humanity problem so do not blame the religion it didn't accept / refuse / disapprove / approve the slavery , even you atheists doesn't approve / disapprove / ban / accept / refuse slavery .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    maybe now you think is banned, but look the story, in the past slavery was a big trade for them as for the nigga then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Also in Qur'an there's a verses that says the slaves are humans so don't use them as an animals , don't make them sad and help them too.(this was not like this but I mean as general)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Coituz View Post

I know you're speaking to the user above you but look , It isn't really an Islamic / Qur'an problem nor It is acceptable by Qur'an , Look slave in Arabic means : عبد , but the word slavery is banned in Islam , the word I'm talking about in arabic is : جاريه ,غلام so no religion banned slavery because It was never a religious problem , It is a humanity problem so do not blame the religion it didn't accept / refuse / disapprove / approve the slavery , even you atheists doesn't approve / disapprove / ban / accept / refuse slavery .
    ​Empire gave you direct quotes from the Quran, and yet you're still refuting it?
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

​Empire gave you direct quotes from the Quran, and yet you're still refuting it?
    Sir , I'm refusing the idea of "approved" "disapproved" , Qur'an didn't approve / disapprove slavery , It is mentioning it which means they exist and what should they / you do.

Thanks
    I'm a Muslim myself and I'm pretty sure all the Muslims I do know have no slaves nor do they accept having slaves.
    hi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Well dayum,I thought I edited it in the top paragraph lel. It should've said after I strongly disagree: "The religion shouldn't really have to rely on such methods but we wouldn't have any of our 'wonders' like the pyramids without slavery, In that sense I think that within reason they should look at how the modern world is and stop thinking and beliving in outdated beliefs but they are free to believe in whatever they want to, be it slavery or worship to toilet paper." To any one who might get butthurt over it pls don't take it too serious.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillows and Poo View Post

Well dayum,I thought I edited it in the top paragraph lel. It should've said after I strongly disagree: "The religion shouldn't really have to rely on such methods but we wouldn't have any of our 'wonders' like the pyramids without slavery, In that sense I think that within reason they should look at how the modern world is and stop thinking and beliving in outdated beliefs but they are free to believe in whatever they want to, be it slavery or worship to toilet paper." To any one who might get butthurt over it pls don't take it too serious.
    As I mentioned even If Islam said there is slavery (still didn't approve / disapprove it) It is a humanity's problem not a religion problem , It is coming from you as a human not from you as religious person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coituz View Post

As I mentioned even If Islam said there is slavery (still didn't approve / disapprove it) It is a humanity's problem not a religion problem , It is coming from you as a human not from you as religious person.
    Ok so your point is that Islam does not approve or disapprove of slavery.

Which would make perfect sense if it wasn't mentioned, if Muhammed didn't own slaves, and if the quran didn't give the go ahead for slave owners.
    --------------------------------

This isn't a "humanity" problem, in Islam slavery IS accepted. It even goes so far as to tell you how you can acquire slaves, how to treat them with your slaves, and what you can do to your slaves.
    ---------------

In other words, Islam accepts slavery, promotes it even.

Heck, the slave trade didn't even make this much of a deal about slavery. It merely sold and bought them, Islam practically wrote a book on it.

TL : DR : Sorry Coituz, you are wrong here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast