EVGA x58 sli
i7 920 2.66
BFG 285GGTX
Corsair 6gb 1066
850w Toughpower PSU
1TB WD Black Cav
vista x64

About a week or so ago i started noticing drops in my FPS while gaming. They went from 124-165 down to 65-85. I didnt tweak any settings that would cuase this decrease in any way. It continued the drop until it reached 25-35FPS I stay away from overclocking so that for sure is not the issue. I can't find the onboard video on my mobo, i think it doesnt even come with onboard video....but ill check again to make sure this isnt a simple mistake; i doubt it is.

I checked to see if my drivers were out of date and they were so i updated them to the 260.99 ones i believe and it only made it worse. I average about 13-18 FPS on every screen setting 800x600 - 1920x1080. I was told by a friend to try a system restore and i did, but without success.

Truly i have no idea what the problem can be. Most of my games are through Steam, but I've tried multiple games that are not Steam related and it is all the same.

Can a virus be the cuase of this? Im scanning once again, to make sure its clean. i can watch video an do everything except get good frames on games, and very few bluray movies, but even before this started occurring it was certain blurays that were faulty and/or not completely read properly.

The only thing i can think of is my cpu is trying to handle the video processing, thus failing miserably; but idk how to test my gpu if it is even working.

Any help is grealty appreciated. THANKS!!!

p.s. system is about 1.5 old.