Thread: Showcase FAQ

Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Showcase FAQ

Ok see we got a new thang going down in this section, ya feel me bruthas. It's called Showcasing, and it's premise is that it'll be a 1 stop shop for all your work and all your fans. If anyone has ventured into the realm of anime boards (notably the naruto-boards) you'd most likely come across this form of thread.

Just a forewarning all showcases are going to be huge. So don't bother if you have dial-up.

So what exactly is a showcase?
    Well it's basically a thread where you tell others a bit about yourself, and you post all of your best work (siggys, avvys, etc.) and people can comment upon this and such, they can come up with ideas, they can help you, they can also request things from you.

Here are some examples of a showcase.
    [*Approved*] Orihime Showcase ~ Aeternus Lumens [V2] - Naruto Boards
    +.Kamel showcase. - Naruto Boards

The difference is, in our showcases we'll be offering the option of requests.

How do I make a Showcase thread?
    Well for your thread title you should set it out like this <username> Showcase, then you can add in something catchy for your subtitle. The within the thread you should follow the following format, however of course you may alter it depending on your preferences.

Your Showcase Banner: A nice little header to make your showcase pretty.
    Your Name: Self explanatory.
    Your Introduction: A bit about yourself, can either be brief explanation on your likes/dislikes, or a wall of text about your life story.
    Your Graphic Design (Signatures): Show your signatures, can be your best sigs, or a listing of all of them.
    Your Graphic Desing (Large): Show all your large art, preferably have them resized to reduce load time and increase simplicity.
    Your Drawings : Show all your drawing, either traditional or digital.
    Your Literature: Show off any stories, poems, raps or any other form of literature that you are proud of.
    Your Avatars: Show of all your avatars that you have made for use on forums.
    Your Misc Art: Show off any form of art that you feel doesn't fit into any of these categories.
    Influence: Talk about people who have helped you along the way, or even just things that inspire you.
    Requests: Type out the format in which people should request in, if they wish for something created by you. You can also add in some limitations if you feel that you'll be swarmed with requests.
    Banners Of Others You Support: Basically list any of the other showcases that your friends have.

How do showcases help our section?
    Well for starters, it helps simplify everything. It allows for people to easily view any of your art, both past and present. Put a link of your showcase in your forum signature, and it'll direct people to the graphics section. If people see what you do, perhaps that'll drive them to do the same thing, giving the section much needed activity. It can also help you improve, with people viewing such large amounts of work from you they can easily see, your strengths and your weaknesses, and you can act upon this. It'll also help your fans in getting personal requests from you (depending on what limitations you impose). Of course if you want maximum activity to come out of this you will actually have to do some requests (directed at me).

If you think of any other questions, be sure to post them and I'll hopefully be able to answer them and add them in to the FAQ.

This idea is the brainchild of Evelyn so thank her for this
    Last edited by Doc; 01-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Evelyn (01-09-2011)